Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
crossovercable
KVRist

214 posts since 26 May, 2014

Postby crossovercable; Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:46 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

+1
"Global Adjustment"

www.musicdevelopments.com

Man ! awesome RapidlyComposed website !!!!!!!!!!!!

(Boone777)Along these lines: When I drag a phrase on a track it does'nt snap correctly to where I put it. Any reason for this ?

Try setting Snap "1/16" to the same as Grid > 1/8 or Grid to 1/16
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

2182 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Postby musicdevelopments; Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:18 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

crossovercable wrote:Man ! awesome RapidlyComposed website !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks! :) I wanted something simple. I spent a couple of days with it.

(Boone777)Along these lines: When I drag a phrase on a track it does'nt snap correctly to where I put it. Any reason for this ?

Try setting Snap "1/16" to the same as Grid > 1/8 or Grid to 1/16

I wanted to reply earlier, that this is fixed now in the beta version I am going to upload later today.
The problem was that the mouse position was used for calculating the phrase position when you dropped a phrase. It was a few pixels right of the phrase edge and this caused the unwanted offset.

Thanks!
Attila
http://www.musicdevelopments.com
Music Prototyping And Automated Composition Solutions
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:22 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

secondstep wrote:Just checked out your new website , Attila.Very slick ! And is much easier to navigate than the old one , well done hope it brings you a lot of new customers :tu:

Sean

Hi Sean,
I am glad to hear you liked the web site. :)
I am grateful for letting me use your quote!
Thanks!
Attila
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:29 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

RapidComposer v3.4b3 is available!

Lots of small fixes and improvements were implemented based on your feedback, requests, and bug reports.

Changes:

• Keyswitch articulations send a 'Note Off' event after 'Note On'
  • Dragging the rubberbox selection at the left and right sides will scroll the track horizontally
  • Phrase selection is possible by clicking on its name
  • Chord and phrase detection improved when importing imprecise notes (notes starting close to but earlier than a beat) from MIDI files; new setting: Allowed 'Note On' Timing Imprecision
  • Editing and dropping chord progressions with chords shorter than 1/4 fixed
  • Fixed: editing notes during playback in the phrase editor messed up note velocities
  • Fixed: when the track was muted, phrase preview could be started more than once
  • Fixed: phrase drop position was imprecise by a few pixels
  • Fix for missing notes when importing MIDI files in other than Phrase Editing mode
  • Fix for garbled audio when the FL Studio ASIO driver was used
lulukom
KVRian

556 posts since 30 Nov, 2013

Postby lulukom; Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:24 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Hello, Attila!
Thank you for the beta .. Very well began to move phrases - very improved graphics-grid / resolution / snap!
crossovercable
KVRist

Postby crossovercable; Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:22 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

• Keyswitch articulations send a 'Note Off' event after 'Note On'
  • Dragging the rubberbox selection at the left and right sides will scroll the track horizontally
  • :tu:

When you drag a phrase in from the Phrases window it always goes above C4 and not the octave you drag it to.
When it is moved down to your octave and then you go to the inspector to regenerate/preview/preview with other tracks, it will always play in the higher octave and the instrument may not have that octave like a piano.

EDIT: Invert Piano Roll Scroll Direction
don't work for me, scrolling wheel back will always go up and forward always down on No/Yes.

musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:12 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

crossovercable wrote:When you drag a phrase in from the Phrases window it always goes above C4 and not the octave you drag it to.

This already works when you add a phrase by double-clicking. You need to turn off "Do not transpose phrase when added by double-clicking" under Settings / Miscellaneous. I made a small change so from the next update this will also work for dropped phrases. For the next update the phrase being dragged will be displayed in the track as it happens with dragging a MIDI file over a track.

crossovercable wrote:When it is moved down to your octave and then you go to the inspector to regenerate/preview/preview with other tracks, it will always play in the higher octave and the instrument may not have that octave like a piano.

Please use the other preview button which will play back the phrase as it is in the track.

crossovercable wrote:EDIT: Invert Piano Roll Scroll Direction
don't work for me, scrolling wheel back will always go up and forward always down on No/Yes.

Right! The scrolling is inverted only when you scroll over the piano keyboard with the mouse wheel but not over a track. I fixed this today, thanks for reporting it!
Did you know: if you hold down Shift during using the mouse wheel you can scroll horizontally.

Thanks,
Attila
crossovercable
KVRist

Postby crossovercable; Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:01 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Thanks !
I will have to sit down with it and come up to speed, stay away from other apps for a while.
On the WinRC it scrolls the same way over the piano keyboard with the mouse wheel and over a track regardless of No/Yes (I will check again tomorrow, might be another mouse utility running)
On the MacRC it scrolls as you described and the No/Yes works.
secondstep
KVRer

25 posts since 9 Dec, 2015

Postby secondstep; Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:17 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Hi Attila is there a way of collapsing a number of tracks , say if I wanted to get all the wind instruments out of the way.I know there is a short cut for maximising one track and minimising the rest but what would be really useful if I could free up or a lot of space by minimising a group of tracks in one go.

I had in mind tracks being stored away in folders in the composition window ...possible ?

Thanks

Sean
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
crossovercable
KVRist

Postby crossovercable; Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:12 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Here's a short video demo of the articulations working, I made to promote elsewhere:
( I might make a more in depth one and put it in the Tip n Tricks.)

(Right click > Open in New Tab)
Watch: https://www.dropbox.com/s/p8bckecqsu5vh ... s.mp4?dl=0
Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/p8bckecqsu5vh ... s.mp4?dl=1

Save in C:\Users\User Name\Documents\RapidComposerV3\DB
as Kontakt Indiginus Instruments.rcCTRL or Kontakt.rcCTRL

In RapidComposer load Kontakt
Load Controller Set Kontakt(Kontakt.rcCTRL)
Load Articulation Set The Mandolin
In Note Editing view select note then Articulation.

Save code as Kontakt.txt rename to Kontakt.rcCTRL
The keyswitches need to be up 1 octave for RapidComposer.
Check the keyswitches are correct to what you have them set just octave 1 instead of 0.

You can easily add other instruments to it.

These are for http://www.indiginus.com will try and add all the Indiginus Instruments and upload it.

Code: Select all
## Controller and articulation definitions

controllerset=Kontakt Indiginus Instruments;
controller={name="Modulation"; num=1; default=0; },{name="Volume"; num=7; default=64; },{name="Expression"; num=11; default=100; },{name="Control 20"; num=20; default=64; },{name="Control 21"; num=21; default=0; },{name="Control 22"; num=22; default=0; },{name="Control 23"; num=23; default=10; },{name="Sustain"; num=64; default=0; off=0; on=127; },{name="Legato"; num=68; default=0; off=0; on=127; },{name="Reverb"; num=91; default=64; },{name="Chorus"; num=93; default=0; };

group="The Resonator"; articulation="Grace Note"; keyswitch="F1";
group="The Resonator"; articulation="Trill Up"; keyswitch="G1";
group="The Resonator"; articulation="Trill Down"; keyswitch="A1";
group="The Resonator"; articulation="Up Silide"; keyswitch="A#1";
group="The Resonator"; articulation="Down Slide"; keyswitch="B1;
group="The Resonator"; articulation="Bend 1"; keyswitch="F#1";
group="The Resonator"; articulation="Bend 2"; keyswitch="G#1";
group="The Resonator"; articulation="Mute"; keyswitch="D#1";
group="The Resonator"; articulation="Harmony"; keyswitch="E1";

group="Delta Blues Ac Slide Gtr"; articulation="Sustain"; keyswitch="G1";
group="Delta Blues Ac Slide Gtr"; articulation="Mute"; keyswitch="G#1;
group="Delta Blues Ac Slide Gtr"; articulation="Slide Up Fast"; keyswitch="A1";
group="Delta Blues Ac Slide Gtr"; articulation="Slide Up Slow"; keyswitch="A#1";
group="Delta Blues Ac Slide Gtr"; articulation="Slide Down"; keyswitch="B1";
group="Delta Blues Ac Slide Gtr"; articulation="Harmonic"; keyswitch="F1";

group="The Mandolin"; articulation="Hammer On"; keyswitch="F1";
group="The Mandolin"; articulation="Trill Up"; keyswitch="G1";
group="The Mandolin"; articulation="Trill Down"; keyswitch="A1";
group="The Mandolin"; articulation="Up Silide"; keyswitch="A#1";
group="The Mandolin"; articulation="Down Slide"; keyswitch="D#1;
group="The Mandolin"; articulation="Pull Off"; keyswitch="B1";
group="The Mandolin"; articulation="Bend 1"; keyswitch="F#1";
group="The Mandolin"; articulation="Bend 2"; keyswitch="G#1";
group="The Mandolin"; articulation="Mutes"; keyswitch="C#1";
group="The Mandolin"; articulation="Harmony"; keyswitch="E1";
group="The Mandolin"; articulation="Tremolo"; keyswitch="D1";
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:10 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

secondstep wrote:Hi Attila is there a way of collapsing a number of tracks , say if I wanted to get all the wind instruments out of the way.

Hi Sean,
no, that is not possible I am afraid. I am planning to make track groups, hiding tracks or groups, so these will be surely added, though I do not know exactly when.
Thanks,
Attila
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:12 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

crossovercable wrote:Here's a short video demo of the articulations working, I made to promote elsewhere:
( I might make a more in depth one and put it in the Tip n Tricks.)

Wonderful, Nigel! :tu: I wanted to suggest that we should move this post into Tips&tricks.

Thanks!
Attila
secondstep
KVRer

25 posts since 9 Dec, 2015

Postby secondstep; Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:23 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Thanks Attila good to know that it is in your Plans.

Sean
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:34 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

RapidComposer v3.4beta4 is available!

Changes:

• Custom phrase loading is several times faster than before
  • Phrase drag&drop improvement: phrases are shown inside the tracks during dragging them
  • MIDI files can be dropped to rhythm drop targets (where previously only rhythm patterns and phrases could be dropped)
  • "Invert vertical scrolling direction" works over the tracks, not just over the keyboard
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:58 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

secondstep wrote:Thanks Attila good to know that it is in your Plans.

Sean

Let me check my to-do list: 288 items and still growing :lol:
Attila
PreviousNext

Moderator: musicdevelopments

Return to MusicDevelopments