Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New
lulukom
KVRian

576 posts since 30 Nov, 2013

Postby lulukom; Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:59 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Hello Attila!
I would like to ask, maybe in the near future the solution of those things that we have already discussed and which we are looking forward to ...)
Ability to generate progressions in a chord selector in real time in loop mode (and changing the length of each chord too)).
But I would like to add that I would like to see here chord substitutions and borrowed chords ... But the most important, of course, is the ability to program chord rules from the midi controller , because the rules of chords here define everything.). Therefore, I do not have enough variety in the generated progressions. And all this is very important to do on the fly, during the playback of the progression loop.
And maybe it would be right to add to the window
chord selector for chord progressions checkbox that would immediately, without dragging, place generated progressions in the master track so that it plays along with all the tracks with loops in the master track , but with the ability to return the original version of the master track of the chords. ...
Thank you .
BluGenes
KVRist

92 posts since 15 May, 2017

Postby BluGenes; Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:41 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Hey Attila, thanks for the kudos on the suggestion. I'd like to try the ostinato generator to see if works like I think it should.. (probably does), but, I have a couple ideas that maybe would have been missed, like how many notes to generate, from a lot to not so much in terms of the length.. or maybe better put, slow movement to fast movement.. not just a fixed amount of notes all the time.. (maybe from max 32nd to min quarter note) Not sure if 64th would be advisable or not..

I have two problems at the moment, I don't have access to the beta, and the bigger one I have is I installed a new boot drive because I was running out of room. Now my copy no longer works.. I sent a message through the web site..

EDIT: I got it working, I keyed the serial in wrong..
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

2227 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Postby musicdevelopments; Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:06 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

crossovercable wrote:For copying and pasting Mixer images, the above one was easier than copy and paste all the separate RC track controls, though too much programming. BUT for programing this way below will be easier to copy paste code, and will do the job, yes a Master track FX will be good

Hi crossovercable, you constantly amaze me with these mock-up screenshots :)
I plan to add Mixer and VST effects (not just Master FX but for each track) for v3.5 since so many people requested that.
Thanks!
Attila
http://www.musicdevelopments.com
Music Prototyping And Automated Composition Solutions
BluGenes
KVRist

Postby BluGenes; Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:30 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Well, this is my seal of approval on the ostinato generator... :clap: :tu:

This just changed everything for me.. hehe
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:41 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Thank you 8)
In a few hours in the new beta version, 9 additional patterns are offered and it will be possible to repeat notes, maximum 4 times.
BluGenes
KVRist

Postby BluGenes; Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:54 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Awesome... I did find a bug, well, it is a "perceived" bug.. for scale steps, enable only +1 and +6 and the preview box goes empty. You get an audible pattern though.

EDIT: May not be a bug.. I had note length set to 1/32, so, to small to draw..
secondstep
KVRist

30 posts since 9 Dec, 2015

Postby secondstep; Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:33 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

musicdevelopments wrote:I plan to add Mixer and VST effects (not just Master FX but for each track) for v3.5 since so many people requested that.

This will be huge for me as I much prefer to use the standalone version. :)

The additions to the Ostinato Generator will be very welcome :tu:
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:00 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

RapidComposer v3.4b7 is available!

Thanks for reporting problems and for all the feedback, videos, mock-up images, suggestions! :love: This update features an improved 'Ostinato Generator' and 'Accents' variation, both became more flexible. Dragging phrases and rhythm patterns and dropping them to phrases (which stopped working in v3.4b4) includes visual feedback during dragging.

I am uncertain about the future of the new Markov Melody Generator but it was included anyway. It is interesting: each note is based on the last two notes. You can assign weights (probability) depending on in which direction the new note should go. On the other hand too many controls make it difficult to use, and to generate proper melody it should be aware of master track chords and use chord notes sometimes... So most probably it will not be included in v3.4.

Note: if you use the Ostinato generator in a project you want to preserve, please do a "Render With Variations" because this version will render a different pattern if you load a composition saved in v3.4b6.

Changes:

• Markov Melody Generator (experimental, may not be in the release version)
  • 9 new Ostinato patterns added, pattern names fixed
  • Ostinato: new option for note duplication
  • 'Drum Accents 8ths&16ths' was renamed to 'Accents 4ths/8ths/16ths' and has more options
  • Visual feedback and pop-up explanation when dragging phrases or rhythm patterns over phrases
  • MIDI import will display a slider if there is just one pan or volume in the track
  • "Check For Beta Updates" is possible again
  • Fixed: dropping phrases/rhythm patterns on phrases or track header stopped working recently
  • Fix MIDI file dragging when the file had a percussion track only
  • Fix crash in MIDI import when importing into current composition
  • Fix possible crash when quitting or using the Phrase Browser while loading custom phrases
crossovercable
KVRist

232 posts since 26 May, 2014

Postby crossovercable; Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:56 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Awesome !!!!
Ostinato, It's not only good with symphony strings but rock/heavy metal guitar. I can even play AC/DC Thunderstruck :love: .

Right Click Open In New Tab https://www.dropbox.com/s/r9v0bgzylw5iu ... o.mp4?dl=0

If I change something in Kontakt then close the instrument it ask if I want to save it but it is stuck behind the Always On Top vst.

Only getting 1 or 2 Bars when setting length in Generators to 8 bars.

Ch10 Handling > Join In One Track, gets empty drum track.
Use Song Track midi on previous page.

musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:50 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Thanks, crossovercable, I'll check and fix these issues!
Attila
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:05 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

crossovercable wrote:Only getting 1 or 2 Bars when setting length in Generators to 8 bars.
Ch10 Handling > Join In One Track, gets empty drum track.

Both issues are fixed now.
Thanks!
Attila
lulukom
KVRian

576 posts since 30 Nov, 2013

Postby lulukom; Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:47 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Hello Attila!
Now dragging from the rhythm browser works fine. Thank you.
I would like some kind of your reaction (some kind of) to my post (Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:59 am). Thank you.
BluGenes
KVRist

Postby BluGenes; Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:36 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Thought I had posted this, If you know, then just ignore.. for the possible variations, i.e., +1 Scale Step, +2 Scale Steps, etc. you should have "select none" to clear it, rather than having to click each one off individually.
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:35 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

I will add "Select None" for the next update.
Thanks,
Attila
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:24 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

lulukom wrote:Hello Attila!
Now dragging from the rhythm browser works fine. Thank you.
I would like some kind of your reaction (some kind of) to my post (Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:59 am). Thank you.

Hello lulukom!
I noted your requests. It is not too easy at the moment to change a single chord in the progression during preview but sooner or later that will be implemented. (This was already on my to-do list.)

I don't think it makes sense to generate a different progression during playback, and continue to play the new progression from the middle, or wherever the playback position is. In my opinion a progression makes sense when played from the beginning to end. The 'Generate' button deliberately stops playback of the current progression. There are other reasons why I don't want to do this.

It is a good idea to display borrowed chords and chord substitutions in the Chord Selector. I will keep this in mind for the next time the Chord Selector is improved.
Yes, the Chord Rules editor needs a rework, with the new chord buttons, and the ability to enter chords from the MIDI keyboard.

What if there would be 2 master tracks, and you can always select which one to use? This way you could leave your original chords and would be free to experiment with other chord progressions? :help: If several users would support this idea, it could be done.

Thanks,
Attila
PreviousNext

Moderator: musicdevelopments

Return to MusicDevelopments