v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

Problem: The VST in the latest beta version I have – 3.4b5 – failed validation after repeated attempts, in Digital Performer 9.51 (Mac OS X Sierra 10.12.6).

Thanks for reporting it. I am downloading DP 9.5 right now.
I have quickly tried the plug-in with REAPER on 10.12, it worked well, so I hope this is nothing serious.

Please try REAPER or another DAW that can host VST plug-ins to make sure the RC plug-in can locate RapidComposer.app. Also make sure you have run RapidComposer.app at least once before using the plug-in.

Thanks,
Attila

Thanks Attila,

I can't try another DAW, but will give it a try in Blue Cat's Patchwork stand alone program.

I also was thinking there may be a problem with not starting the latest beta first and setting the plug in settings in it to point to it. So I'll try and let you know.

Yes, I confirm there is a problem with the VST plug-in when used with DP 9.5. I will have a fix shortly hopefully.
Thanks!
Attila

Hi Attila,
if i remember correctly there was ability to change chords without preview in the Palette via middle mouse click..
is it abandoned? or am i missing some settings to activate?
RC v3.4b7 (x64) .. W7 x64

Hi yellukhan,

that does not work in the new palette. :( Fortunately it was a small change, so it will work like that from the next beta version.

BTW I wanted to thank you for your quote that I added to the web-page now. Thanks! :love:

(I am working on chord voicings. Editing voicings is very exciting and will be a useful addition. Unfortunately it takes longer than I expected so there won't be a beta version in the next few days, maybe on Sunday.)

Thanks,
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote:Yes, I confirm there is a problem with the VST plug-in when used with DP 9.5. I will have a fix shortly hopefully.
Thanks!
Attila

Great, Thank You, and Happy Thanksgiving!!

musicdevelopments wrote:Hi yellukhan,

that does not work in the new palette. :( Fortunately it was a small change, so it will work like that from the next beta version.

BTW I wanted to thank you for your quote that I added to the web-page now. Thanks! :love:

(I am working on chord voicings. Editing voicings is very exciting and will be a useful addition. Unfortunately it takes longer than I expected so there won't be a beta version in the next few days, maybe on Sunday.)

Thanks,
Attila
i glad you think its useful.. so.. me thank you!
chord voicing sounds very curious! i am already sure i am gonna love it :tu:

&
a tiny report..
i hope video will explain better .. Scale lock vs chord (Gadd4 in this case)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fUeqN ... jrXfpZyTqu

Right, there is something wrong with Gadd4, I'll check that shortly!

musicdevelopments wrote:Right, there is something wrong with Gadd4, I'll check that shortly!
Thank you !
&
want to ask my oldie-zombie & wacky idea again :)
is there is any chance/news/plans for Scale Arp Generator? :hihi:

Hi yellukhan,

will you please remind me about your idea about the Scale Arp generator? Was that about using scale notes in Arpeggiator?

The plan is that you will be able to select the notes that phrase generators can use. Just like today when rhythm is independent of the phrase generator, in the future the allowed notes will also come from outside, and all phrase generators will use only those notes.
This means fairly big changes in rendering logic and rewriting all phrase generators, and their inspectors...
That is why this will happen only in v4.0 because it will break backward compatibility with old composition files.

Until then I am willing to implement every phrase generator idea that you may have... The less successful ones (like the Markov Melody, maybe because that was my idea ;) ) will be removed by default, but can be enabled under an 'Experimental Features' option.

Thanks,
Attila

dbender wrote:
musicdevelopments wrote:Yes, I confirm there is a problem with the VST plug-in when used with DP 9.5. I will have a fix shortly hopefully.
Thanks!
Attila

Great, Thank You, and Happy Thanksgiving!!
Happy Thanksgiving!

The VST plug-in still does not work, after spending many hours with fixing it. What DP 9.5 does is a complete testing of the plug-in, like creating and deleting instances, reading and writing the internal state, starting/stopping rendering while changing the sampling rate between, and all these in quick succession.
I could call it torturing the plug-in :( Since RC VST is communicating with the main application through a bridge (shared memory), the asynchronous way of updating the composition causes issues.
I am doing my best to fix it ASAP.

Thanks,
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote:Hi yellukhan,

will you please remind me about your idea about the Scale Arp generator? Was that about using scale notes in Arpeggiator?
absolutely yes but Random and Random Neighbor ..
especially Random Neighbor Shape is essential in my case :love:

quick demonstration:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Xxe1EB ... e=youtu.be
musicdevelopments wrote: ..
The plan is that you will be able to select the notes that phrase generators can use. Just like today when rhythm is independent of the phrase generator, in the future the allowed notes will also come from outside, and all phrase generators will use only those notes.
This means fairly big changes in rendering logic and rewriting all phrase generators, and their inspectors...
That is why this will happen only in v4.0 because it will break backward compatibility with old composition files.

Until then I am willing to implement every phrase generator idea that you may have... The less successful ones (like the Markov Melody, maybe because that was my idea ;) ) will be removed by default, but can be enabled under an 'Experimental Features' option.

Thanks,
Attila
i am not sure 100 % .. but this selectable notes implementation
seemed also will do what i am after with Scale Arp Gen.
after this point.. its your call ..
but.. of course if you think also it would useful even in V4.0 .. i will not say No :D

didn't had chance to try deeply the new Generators yet but,
(late to party .. sorry if its discussed already)
just out of curiosity
isn't the Ostinato Generator should produce something like this chop patterns actually?
so.. basically rhythmic chops/Strings Staccato Generator?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qsF0FSDgAk

and
(thinking out loud moment)
that would great i believe (for V4.0)
"Check Boxes" for the Note Selection menu instead of drop down list ..
so we can see all selected/not selected notes at once & change them easily.

Is there a way to mute a phrase on a track? Maybe add a mute variation? It would be nice to toggle on and off really fast for comparison purposes..

Return to “MusicDevelopments”