Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
secondstep
KVRist

34 posts since 9 Dec, 2015

Postby secondstep; Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:33 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Thanks Attila I will give your suggestion a try.
magicmusic
KVRian

801 posts since 11 Nov, 2013

Postby magicmusic; Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:00 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

musicdevelopments wrote:I promise I am going to add Mute immediately after v3.4 in early/mid December.
Yes, you keep me busy, but I enjoy that. :) This ensures the development follows the real demand, instead of adding features that I think you would need...

thats good, and a mute for the notes in the phrase editor, i think usefull too. maybe this can add easy in the note menu and because midi notes are range from 0-127 you can use the free bit to store mute on or off status of every note, without the need to add a new storage byte.
win 10 64 intel i5 760 (4*2.8 GHZ)
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

2313 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Postby musicdevelopments; Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:44 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

RapidComposer v3.4b8 is available!

:phew: Thank you for your patience! Here is the latest update.
There is not much time until the release of v3.4, so please try this version.
All reported bugs were fixed, except for the "VST plug-in crashing with DP9.5 on macOS", which is still being investigated.

Changes:

• Specify default chord voicing for tracks and chord voicing for phrases which override track chord voicing. Define custom chord voicing.
  • Chord Builder has a voicing editor in the Chord Selector
  • Chord voicing editor integrated into Quick Suggestions
  • It is possible to set a voicing for master track chords (although not suggested, specify voicing per track/phrase)
  • 21 chord voicing files (.rcVOIC) included
  • 'Extension' was removed from the Chord Generator - specify voicing for the phrase instead
  • New setting: "Base Octave": set the displayed name of MIDI note 60 (C3, C4 or C5)
  • New setting: "Convert drum notes when changing drum map". It is off by default.
  • New setting: "Quick Suggestions Placement". You can open the chord suggestion on the right side of the chord box
  • Chord naming improved for chords not in the library (e.g. "R-2-b3-5-b7")
  • You can enable Markov Melody Generator and Auto Scale in the settings under "Experimental Stuff". They are disabled by default.
  • Alt-clicking over the master track (to split or join chords) does not open Quick Suggestions
  • Fixed: New Composition resets looping points and playback position, zoom
  • Fixed "Lock To Scale" when used with chords containing more than 3 notes
  • Fixed: Velocity did not work on phrases
  • Fixed a sorting issue in the browsers
  • Fix MIDI Import when the Join Percussion Tracks option is used
  • Fix phrase generator length when dragging
  • Several problems with zooming tracks fixed
  • macOS: terminal output during loading the phrases slowed things down
  • Minor fix in Ostinato generator
  • Stability fixes
http://www.musicdevelopments.com
Music Prototyping And Automated Composition Solutions
dbender
KVRist

201 posts since 26 Feb, 2007

Postby dbender; Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:47 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

musicdevelopments wrote:RapidComposer v3.4b8 is available!

All reported bugs were fixed, except for the "VST plug-in crashing with DP9.5 on macOS", which is still being investigated.

Thanks for working to get this fixed and working. I really hope you do before v3.4 is released, so I can use the VST RC in my DAW which is DP 9.51.
lulukom
KVRian

595 posts since 30 Nov, 2013

Postby lulukom; Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:47 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Thank you, Attila. Everything is very interesting.
But the "Quick suggestions" on the master track do not work at all.
Thank you .
padillac
KVRian

518 posts since 27 Nov, 2011

Postby padillac; Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:41 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

musicdevelopments wrote:RapidComposer v3.4b8 is available!

:phew: Thank you for your patience! Here is the latest update.
There is not much time until the release of v3.4, so please try this version.

Am I misunderstanding how "render phrase with variations and voicing" is intended to be used?

padillac wrote:Hi, "render with variations" doesn't seem to work with an octave transpose variation. Or at least, it doesn't do what I expect it to...

1. Create a phrase
2. Add a transpose phrase variation, set octave transpose to -1
3. It appears and sounds correct in the composition editor
4. Click the gear to show object actions pane, and click "render phrase with variations"
5. The notes are moved back up an octave

This problem still occurs with 3.4b8.

More specific steps:

1. Create a note at C4
2. Add a transpose variation, set octave transpose to -1
3. "Render phrase with variations and voicing"

Expected: The note is at C3
Actual: The note is at C4
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:11 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

lulukom wrote:Thank you, Attila. Everything is very interesting.
But the "Quick suggestions" on the master track do not work at all.
Thank you .

Hi lulukom,
Really? It works here. Maybe you have set the following: "Do Not Show Quick Suggestions When Chord Selector Is Open"?
Thanks,
Attila
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:17 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

dbender wrote:Thanks for working to get this fixed and working. I really hope you do before v3.4 is released, so I can use the VST RC in my DAW which is DP 9.51.

Yes, this is not easy. I already spent days with this bug. Restoring the composition and updating the UI happens asynchronously in RapidComposer, and this is a problem, because DP sends all sorts of commands to the RC plug-in in quick succession.
Thanks,
Attila
lulukom
KVRian

Postby lulukom; Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:22 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Hello Attila!
Thank you, but, apparently, I forgot where this switch is located?)
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:12 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

It can be found in the right top menu of Quick Suggestions:

Please close the chord selector and try to open the Quick Suggestions then.
Thanks,
Attila
lulukom
KVRian

Postby lulukom; Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:55 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Hello Attila!
The problem is that the "Quick Suggestions" do not open anywhere and never ..
Added song.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:09 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

I see. When I click on a chord it says "Please select a chord progression rule set...".
Why did not you do that? :) You can click on the "Please select a chord progression rule set..." label to open the master track inspector.
It can't suggest chords if you did not set that.

It is not set when you import MIDI. Maybe that should be fixed.
lulukom
KVRian

Postby lulukom; Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:15 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Thanks, I somehow did not see it .. Now I understand. Thanks again.
dbender
KVRist

201 posts since 26 Feb, 2007

Postby dbender; Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:50 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Thanks, Attila, for the DP update. Did MOTU change something in v9.5? I recall that earlier versions of the RC VST was working with earlier versions of DP 9. I really hope you can get this fixed and working again. Just got a new iMac i7 that would be able to better handle it than my prior aging iMac 2009 low end model did.
BluGenes
KVRist

125 posts since 15 May, 2017

Postby BluGenes; Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:01 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

musicdevelopments wrote:I see. When I click on a chord it says "Please select a chord progression rule set...".
Why did not you do that? :) You can click on the "Please select a chord progression rule set..." label to open the master track inspector.
It can't suggest chords if you did not set that.

It is not set when you import MIDI. Maybe that should be fixed.

Can I see some screen shots of what you guys are doing?
If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you..
PreviousNext

Moderator: musicdevelopments

Return to MusicDevelopments