Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
magicmusic
KVRian

801 posts since 11 Nov, 2013

Postby magicmusic; Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:02 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Hi Attila

very good with the chord voicings, i like the presets too. there is one preset duplicate one octave below. this put the whole chord too on 1 octave lower. I think more usefull is when in the octave lower can choose in a preset that only the lowest Note of the chord is play. this is used very often in music writing and give a full sound with bass. maybe sometimes it is usefull to have lowest note 2 octaves lower of a chord. this can give subbas. maybe this can add to the presets too ?
win 10 64 intel i5 760 (4*2.8 GHZ)
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

2313 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Postby musicdevelopments; Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:16 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

crossovercable wrote:Maybe you could put an option also in Miscellaneous for default Cursor operation:

Yes, good idea, I'll do that.
Thanks,
Attila
http://www.musicdevelopments.com
Music Prototyping And Automated Composition Solutions
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:25 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Hi magicmusic!

I will add more voicing when I have some time. There are very nice ones, like I have heard in a youtube video where a 10th was played with the right hand instead of a 3rd. If anyone shares chord voicings - now they are easy to create and edit! :hihi: - I will gladly add it to the presets.

Thanks,
Attila
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:28 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

musicdevelopments wrote:It was not forgotten, padillac, sorry for not responding.
Yes, it seems like a bug. I will fix it in the next few minutes.

Dear padillac,
I managed to fix this bug. Next beta is in the middle of the week. Sorry again for the late response.
Attila
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:46 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

RapidComposer v3.4b9 is available!

Hopefully the last beta version before v3.4. Enjoy!

3.4Beta9 changes:

• Muting phrases is possible
  • New Setting: "When Playback Stops Jump To Playback Start Position"
  • Chord preview works when you edit the voicing for a concrete chord
  • All the chord previews (in Chord Selector and Quick Suggestions) work with chord voicing
  • A default chord rule is set when importing a MIDI file depending on the scale used in the file
  • Fixed: MIDI file dragging over tracks crashed
  • Fixed: "Render Phrase With Variations" did not apply Transpose when it was added to the phrase
  • Fixed: small issue when using phrase magnets with voicings
dbender
KVRist

201 posts since 26 Feb, 2007

Postby dbender; Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:00 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Does 3.4Beta9 fix the Digital Performer VST fail validation problem? If not, will v3.4?
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:19 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

dbender wrote:Does 3.4Beta9 fix the Digital Performer VST fail validation problem? If not, will v3.4?

It does not contain the fix yet. I am determined to fix it tomorrow, v3.4 must have the fix.
Thank you for your patience... :oops:
Attila
dbender
KVRist

201 posts since 26 Feb, 2007

Postby dbender; Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:20 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Great, thank you! Based on that info, I'll skip v3.4beta9, and look forward to v 3.4 with the fix. Thanks again for fixing that!!
BluGenes
KVRist

125 posts since 15 May, 2017

Postby BluGenes; Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:03 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Umm, I am thinking that in the chord suggestions, the circle menus above it should be present no matter what you choose. For example, if you choose the circle of fifths, then to get back to the suggestions takes more clicks than what is really needed. You have to right click to get the track dialog before it goes back to the selections menu, with the circle menus visible.
If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you..
lulukom
KVRian

595 posts since 30 Nov, 2013

Postby lulukom; Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:25 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Hello Attila!
1. Thank you for the new beta!
A default chord rule is set when importing a MIDI file depending on the scale used in the file
Could you explain this in detail?
3.I would also like to propose the following for the future:
Often I spend a lot of time searching for or checking (necessary at a specific moment) shortcuts. When I bring the cursor to the interface object, I can see the Popup Help. Is it possible to make sure that when the "Popup Help" appears, I would see the corresponding shortcut (maybe with some pressed key)?
Thank you .
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:46 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

This is a good idea, BluGenes, I am open for suggestions for how to make it easier to navigate in the program. I find it possible that in the future the menus will be displayed based on your preference. An optional chord preview would be useful for some people, when you click on a chord. I'll think it over. The coolest would be a neural network that watches your interactions and would try to find out what you want to do next, and open the right menu or window automatically...

Thanks,
Attila
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:02 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Hi lulukom,

lulukom wrote:2.
A default chord rule is set when importing a MIDI file depending on the scale used in the file
Could you explain this in detail?

Without chord rules set the "Quick Suggestions" will not open.
MIDI import did not set any chord rules for the composition until now.
This resulted a message in "Quick Suggestions" instead of showing chords.
Now MIDI import will set Default Major Scale Rules when it detects a major scale in the MIDI file, or the Default Minor Scale Rules when it detects a minor scale.

lulukom wrote:Is it possible to make sure that when the "Popup Help" appears, I would see the corresponding shortcut (maybe with some pressed key)?
Thank you .

Good idea, added to the to-do list!
Thanks,
Attila
lulukom
KVRian

595 posts since 30 Nov, 2013

Postby lulukom; Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:06 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Thank you !
BluGenes
KVRist

125 posts since 15 May, 2017

Postby BluGenes; Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:52 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Sounds interesting.. Also, I forgot to ask if it were possible to show a list of the notes in the selected scale in the quick suggestions menu as a reference. Would be great help for people not knowing theory, like me. (lol)
If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you..
Meinolf
KVRer

7 posts since 9 Oct, 2017

Postby Meinolf; Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:15 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Hi Attila,

I am using V3.4b9(x64) Windows

Since I work with RC from mid-October on I am still a novice despite having experience with other tools, such as Ableton, Kontakt 5 and Garritan Personal Orchestra 5.

RC is really an amazing tool with lot of features and capabilities. So far, I have touched about 20-30 % of its functionality and I still have some problems to understand, why RC behaves sometimes differently in similar situations. But it becomes better.

Nevertheless, I am already productive and I like to use RC for my video soundtrack production (private use only ).

I hope that I am not to late with my input to possibly get it into one of the next beat or the next final release.

Shortcut Info: lmc: left mouse click, rmc: right mouse click

Problems
Phrases Browser and phrase preview:
  • Preview playback is activated.
  • lmc on phrase plays it
  • rmc on phrase shows it in the preview window
  • After this rmc, the lmc does not play the phrase
  • Get it working:
  • --1. lmc on a different phrase, played.
  • --2. lmc on the phrase shown in preview window, played now

Note velocity
It is possibly my misunderstanding but who knows?
When changing the note velocity in the note editor the note velocity for strong (100) is not identical with the manually set velocity value of 100. This is already visible by the note coloring and is easy to hear when playing in RC.

Generator length
When inserting a generator with drag and drop the length is as selected in the generator browser. When inserting a generator using the insert button from preview window the length is two bars independent of the setting in the in the generator browser.

Improvements:
Timeline region
  • Deactivate region by lmc outside the region is good.
  • Dragging start and end by lmb is good
  • It would be helpful to have mouse clicks to set start and end positions of the region like this:

• Proposal: set region start: STRG lmc, set region end: ALT lmc
  • It also helps in case the region is as long as the composition. Then there is no place to click to get rid of the region. In this case I use the Timeline dialog and adjust the region start and end values manually . Is there a better way?

Composition:
  • Double lmc on the bottom scroll bar shall extend the scrollbar range to the currently selected segment (advanced: and on the next double click possibly back to the former selected range)

Phrases:
  • Is it possible and reasonable to change the name of a phrase from “New” to saved name after saving it with the phrase dialog?
  • Is it possible to make the v1,v2,.. phrase name extension configurable within the phrase dialog when saving from within the phrase dialog?

Midi Exprt:
  • Export muted or empty tracks (maybe configurable in “Settings”) to keep number of tracks and track order consistent for using the composition in a DAW

Coloring of piano roll:
  • The <instrument>.rcINST allows to specify the playable notes area of an instrument with _lowestnote=<G2>; _highestnote=<D6>;
  • It would be very helpful if this information can be used to show the play range of the instrument on the piano roll of the track.
  • The picture shows a simulated implementation. It makes visible that the lowest notes of bar 1 and bar 3 will not be played as thy are outside of the violins playing range.

• It is not possible to hear this while composing. You have to open the instrument and look at the instrument piano roll to see, that the notes are outside of the playing range. It becomes even worth if the low notes are in the key switch range of the instrument causing changes of the articulation during playback.
  • Sometimes I have already seen those ranges on the track piano roll.
  • Additional sophisticated idea: transpose the phrase automatically into the playing of the track instrument.

Sorry for the long (and hopefully not boring) post.

Best regards,
Meinolf
PreviousNext

Moderator: musicdevelopments

Return to MusicDevelopments