Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
magicmusic
KVRian

906 posts since 11 Nov, 2013

Postby magicmusic; Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:37 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

this is too a good idea. last year i suggest to have notes that trigger the play of a midi file. now with your idea i get the idea that it can add in a rctrl file a filename to a .mid midifile. and this midifile can contain controller notes or bend or filter sweeps.
win 10 64 1803 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 16 GB Ram, Soundblaster z, terratec aureon xfire 8 USB
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

2657 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Postby musicdevelopments; Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:43 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

yellukhan wrote:yay! sounds like i got my first present of the year! :party:

Here is another :) :

For the first time, the Idea Tool can work on existing phrases instead of generating new ones every time. You can assign rhythm patterns, add variations, activate the 'magnet' for the phrases already in the track.
This will be included in v3.43 (to be released tomorrow)

Thanks,
Attila
http://www.musicdevelopments.com
Music Prototyping And Automated Composition Solutions
yellukhan
KVRian

1211 posts since 10 Mar, 2004

Postby yellukhan; Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:51 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

w.o.n.d.e.r.f.u.l. ! :hyper:

EDIT:
a little late Thanks for saving chords with the lengths :oops:
i am wondering is it possible also shrink & enlarge the total length relatively?
as an example say we have 4 bars progression
chords and lengths:
2/4.....4/4....6/4....4/4

and want to use in 8 bars .. i guess when you stretch it to 8 bars:

4/4.....8/4.....12/4.....8/4
:) ?

also
not sure 100 % but seems defining the length of longer than "one and half" bar chords (6/4)
has some issue?
in my case 2 bars, 4 bars long chords always detected 4/4 in progression editor:

chords that longer than 6/4 looses the lengths after save & load:

lulukom
KVRian

687 posts since 30 Nov, 2013

Postby lulukom; Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:51 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Hello Attila!
I never thought about it, but it seems to me very good to make it possible to "save the selected chords of the master track as chord rules" and "save the chord phrase (and from the browser too) as chord rules." For me, it would solve the problem of programming rules!
Thank you .
BluGenes
KVRist

259 posts since 15 May, 2017

Postby BluGenes; Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:08 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

I was re-thinking the articulation wizard.. I think it would probably be better to be it's own stand alone utility. Bloating RC with rarely used code isn't a good idea..

I am also about to start on fixing the control file that you have for Garritan Big Band and Jazz.. What I think is wrong is that the version I have is newer than what the control file works for. (I have version 3 and I think the version in the distribution is for version 2). There isn't any version info in the control file either.. Garritan may have an update as well.. if they do and you get it, they dropped support for built in ambiance, so, the player generates an error. (ambiance meaning the EQ, reverb, etc..)( the error is just informational and can be ignored..) {annoying}..

After that, I will be creating one for Sample Tank SE, which is different from the free version. Which reminds me, you need to fix the name of the Philharmonik control file to reflect that it is the CE version. The CE version is a lite version and does not have all the instruments that PH 2 has. I didn't have that in consideration when I created the control file..
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:20 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

You did everything perfectly, the file is called "Philharmonik 2 CE.rcCTRL" and the controller set is "Philharmonik 2 CE" :tu:
Thanks again for your contribution!
Attila
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:03 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

yellukhan wrote:i am wondering is it possible also shrink & enlarge the total length relatively?

Yes, after 5 minutes of hard work it is possible :)

yellukhan wrote:not sure 100 % but seems defining the length of longer than "one and half" bar chords (6/4)
has some issue?

I am not sure, I did not realize that there are problems with longer chords. At least I could not reproduce this bug. However today I fixed some small problems about editing and saving chords, so it is possible that these are fixed too.

I think I am going to upload a beta version soon, because I had to remove something from v3.43 in the last moment. I enabled optimization but UI rendering was totally messed up. Now after fixing UI rendering, the program can be built with the highest optimization on Windows which makes it snappier, especially when using a complex composition. (On macOS RC is built with optimization for many years).

Thanks,
Attila
yellukhan
KVRian

Postby yellukhan; Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:47 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

ah!
i was trying to describe shrink & enlarge "while dragging from progression browser"
automatically to time line lengths & selected area.. (maybe dragging with key combos)
anyway..
seems your implementation also does the job with a few extra clicks.
Thank you so much!
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:23 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

But this works both from the progression browser

and during editing chord progression:

When you drop something on the timeline selection, the chord lengths are set automatically.
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:33 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

RapidComposer Beta v3.5b1 is available!

A new update was uploaded with some small features and many fixes for bugs reported on this forum (thank you!). Lots of work went into improvements that are not visible. Windows users will be happy to have a snappier UI.

3.5Beta1 changes:

• An option was added to disable transposition for absolute notes in the note editor (e.g. for key-switch notes)
  • Notes have a scale step and semitone offset independently, instead of only one kind of offset
  • [Windows] Executable is built using higher optimization, so it will feel snappier
  • It is possible to multiply or divide all chord lengths in a chord progression by 2 or 3
  • Minor fixes in using chord lengths
  • Optimizations in the UI layout engine under the hood
  • Fixed a crashing bug when loading a composition that includes a reference to a previously deleted sound file
  • Fixed a bug that prevented setting chords when composition was created with empty master track
  • Fix incorrect chord preview settings when program was quit after clicking on 'For Preview' in the Chord Selector
  • Fixed MIDI import (running status improperly handled)

PS: in this moment I realized that the "Check For Beta Updates" button was not enabled. Sorry about that. The installers are already uploaded, the button will be there in the next beta.
yellukhan
KVRian

Postby yellukhan; Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:30 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Thank you for the multiple-divide chord progression!!

a new brand new 2018 model idea :hihi:

EDIT:
and a bug (i guess.. if not by design) report (RC 3.5b1 x64)
idea tool if i randomize from track no problem but if i randomize full
de selected Apply Rhythm Variation "Remove Out-Of-Rhythm Notes parameters resets to default/selected:

musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:15 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

yellukhan wrote:a new brand new 2018 model idea :hihi:

You don't need to add "Apply Rhythm", because when rhythm patterns are used, "Apply Rhythm" is added automatically to normal phrases. (With the default settings, I think)

yellukhan wrote:idea tool if i randomize from track no problem but if i randomize full
de selected Apply Rhythm Variation "Remove Out-Of-Rhythm Notes parameters resets to default/selected

Interesting! Thanks for the quick feedback!
Attila
yellukhan
KVRian

Postby yellukhan; Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:25 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

musicdevelopments wrote:...
You don't need to add "Apply Rhythm", because when rhythm patterns are used, "Apply Rhythm" is added automatically to normal phrases. (With the default settings, I think)
Attila

quick test .. seems not working here ..
yellukhan
KVRian

Postby yellukhan; Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:22 am Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

is this is expected?
Apply Rhythm "Track Variation" seems needs long phrases (as long as the rhythm length) to apply full rhythm..
in this case:
phrase length 4 beats and no problem with 4 beats rhythms
but if i use 8 beats rhythm over 4 beats phrases, seems only first half part of the rhythm applied..
seems Rhythm restarts on every new phrase(?)

i hope video explain better :)
(BTW. Rhythm Browser shows 16 and 32 beats but actual rhythm "loop" 4 and 8 beats..so do not get confused..)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1W8d2V ... O_vkVJxxep

EDIT:
Idea Tool
one track, has one Melody Generator that extended to the whole Line,
parameters (Step/Leap & Note Repetition..etc.) adjusted,
just want to change/apply the various Rhythms via Idea Tool
problem:
it selects and does apply rhythms to the Generator rhythm section
but doesn't apply to the phrase,
needs press to Apply To Selection
(i am not sure but .. it seems actually doesn't regenerate the figures also)

--images removed .. just the links and need click again to zoom correctly..
somethings wrong but i have no idea--

Link1:
https://postimg.org/image/7mk9idrqj/

& in this one Melody Generators does strange creations when master randomize used
randomizing from track is fine:

Link2:
https://postimg.org/image/cxz637o4r/
crossovercable
KVRist

306 posts since 26 May, 2014

Postby crossovercable; Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:25 pm Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

With the chord Entry/Edit it would be quicker if when you move the cursor left/right it would edit/change the chord that is highlighted. Unless it's in the settings ??

PreviousNext

Moderator: musicdevelopments

Return to MusicDevelopments