v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

The more people are requesting a feature, the sooner it will be implemented...
I'm looking forward to the controllers in the phrases, as I have so much midi I want to convert to RC phrases but a lot have pitch bends,
Sharing custom phrases and using other users' shared phrases integrated into the phrase browser :)
Phrases may contains MIDI controllers and pitch bending (editable in the phrase editor)
+1

Just one question: what should the forward/rewind buttons do? Go to the start/end of project, or the last playback start position? Or move the playback position backwards continuously until you have released the mouse button? This is about 15 minutes to add, just let me know.

Yes, the MIDI controllers tied to phrases is a bit more work, but I am already collecting my thoughts about how to do it right.
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

I go to the start or end of the song, but you have plenty of room you can add both:

Thank you for the ideas!
I intend to clean up the bunch of ugly 'database' icons too, which I hate :(

musicdevelopments wrote:..Yes, the MIDI controllers tied to phrases is a bit more work, but I am already collecting my thoughts about how to do it right.
I don't know if the controllers would show on the main or just in the editor ?
I know in Cubase when you move a selection of midi notes that have controllers it is very slow, and you can only select and move so many at a time compared to notes without controllers, though it would be good to see them on the main.

Controllers should be visible on the main page and move separately from notes and along with notes (of your choice) and yet (necessarily) quantize along with notes.

The Master Track Window info is not refreshed when opening another project.

Nice mock-up screenshots! Yes, the controllers should be visible in the editor and on the main page.
Thanks for the inspiration. :)
Attila

I aspire to inspire before I expire...
Now you can perspire.

crossovercable wrote:I aspire to inspire before I expire...
Now you can perspire.
and yet I desire..

hey Atilla, if at any point the composition structures changes during development, can you give us a heads up. I am actually building quite a lot of ideas and would want to start exporting the midi before I lose anything..

No, you won't loose anything. The backward compatibility is guaranteed until v4.0.

It may happen though, that the composition created in a later version cannot be read by a previous version but this is expected.
So when you are using a beta version e.g. v3.5b3 and return to the previous stable release v3.43, you won't be able to load your composition, if there were changes to the composition fie format.

I was thinking to get RC out there more, what if you had a free vst version that just has the chord generator without any of the other stuff, and just have the save chords to midi , no import or drag in.
This will give any DAW a chord track, as Cubase is the only DAW with a chord track.
As so many Virtual Instruments have chord recognition now, RC can do that.
The vst will advertise the available features of the full version.
The other parts can be greyed out and disabled.

Hi Attila

the zoom is good, but on my win 10 system there need much rotate the mousewheel. is it possible that only half rotate is need to do the same ?. windows have a setting choose how much lines are scroll with 1 step. i set it to 20. but it change nothing in RC mousewheel function

for the forward rewind buttons i think hotkeys usefull too. It move forward or backward the play pointer 1 bar, can work during play too. on german keyboard there are on left side of return key # ä ö free. si i can define the function to this

On most daws when click a phrase and move it and press later the CTRL or ALT key to copy the phrase work ok. with rc the key for copy need press before click. maybe this is easy possible to change that later can press too ?
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

Hi magicmusic,

do you mean that the mousewheel is OK for zooming, but you want to make it more sensitive for scrolling? Because this is what I experience.
for the forward rewind buttons i think hotkeys usefull too. It move forward or backward the play pointer 1 bar, can work during play too. on german keyboard there are on left side of return key # ä ö free. si i can define the function to this
There are already shortcuts for those, although I must admit they do not work during playback:
On most daws when click a phrase and move it and press later the CTRL or ALT key to copy the phrase work ok. with rc the key for copy need press before click. maybe this is easy possible to change that later can press too ?
Yes, good idea. The copy is created when you start dragging, and you drag the copied phrase. However holding the Ctrl/Alt key could be done during dragging the original phrase, though this is more complicated, especially for making ghost copies.

Thanks,
Attila

Hi Attila
musicdevelopments wrote:Hi magicmusic,

do you mean that the mousewheel is OK for zooming, but you want to make it more sensitive for scrolling? Because this is what I experience.
maybe it can work for all zooming and scrolling 2* bigger steps and browser scroll too.

EDIT: I define the hotkeys for forward, rewind to nonused keys. They work not when i have select a phrase. they only work, when i have click in timeline to activate. Is it possible that this keys can always work ?
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

Return to “MusicDevelopments”