v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

There are still 2 problems with the Percussion Generator in the latest beta.
Both are fixed. A new update is being prepared.
Sorry, these things happen sometimes in the beta version.
Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

magicmusic wrote:I like this chord voicing in screenshot and wish to have this in the popuplist as a rcvoic file. how can do this ?
You cannot save a specific voicing, only a universal voicing.
If you select "Edit Voicing" in any voicing menu, you can define your own voicing. You have to specify how the voicing looks like with 3,4,5,6,7-note chords (up to 13th).

I included your voicing in the attachment. I quickly prepared a text file. If you want to rename it, open it in a text editor.

Thanks,
Attila
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi Attila !
Maybe I'm not very timely in writing my proposals, but maybe it does not happen quickly.
Creating a percussion generator is a great idea!
And it is well implemented.
Personally, I would like some improvements ...
And here is the first part of my proposals:
-Let there be an opportunity TO CONVERT ANY PHRASES TO THE PERCUSSION GENERATOR (This makes it possible to regenerate finished percussion phrases and midi files !!!)
- regeneration of the percussion generator will be much better if the regeneration is carried out in the loop and in real time - (Required!)
- add a solo button for each instrument (And then the loop can be played for all instruments at the same time)
- on each instrument and all together the instruments we need to save presets
- we need to drag the rhythm of one instrument to another (inside the editor of the generator)
- we need one instrument (for imitation of a two-handed playing an instrument) that combines several (at least two) instruments (high-hat closed and open, two-handed playing for conga, etc.).And with editing each and two together
-I can now transfer the rhythm of single percussion phrases or midi files to instruments
percussion generator, but I would like to transfer the rhythm of the full drum kit to the full percussion kit of the generator.
(of course I could do it already on the track, but I would like to regenerate it again inside the generator)
- add to the setting of the user interface contrasting, bright borders between instruments(the same with instrument names) and with a choice of colors
- In the lower common window of all instruments make a moving cursor (as in the phrase editor) - I want to see the notes that are playing at the moment)
Perhaps this will be done, although I understand that this is a very big work.
Thank you.

Postby musicdevelopments; Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:12 am
Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)
A useful addition in this beta version that the chords on the master track can be automatically resized when you change the time signature. E.g. before clicking on '3':
THANK YOU, THANK YOU !!!! I can change a song to 3/4 now without it messing up.

crossovercable wrote:Would it work with one click to show All voicing ?
Good idea! The voicing menu was reworked today and it shows all options to the user.

uncle808us wrote:I don't see the link for the new beta. and I have no guitar choice.
Yes, I realized that checking for updates does not work now. I'll send you the download links in PM.

Now you need to click on ""Override Master Track Voicing"" first, then click on the same menu again and select "Acoustic Guitar Voicing".
However from the next beta version (in 2-3 days) all the voicing options are always displayed.

Thanks,
Attila

My version is not seeing the beta update as well..

I just got MuseScore, the open source notation software. I noticed it is using the same sound fonts that RC uses, but, it also has the articulations. Does anyone have a control file for these articulations for RC?

If you are not familiar with MuseScore, it is open source, which means it is free to use and download. Which also means the source code is available.. ;) It is a free alternative to Sibelius, etc..

This might make it easier to incorporate notation into RC.. Importing and exporting MusicXML would really powerful.. hehehe hint hint..

this is the link..
https://musescore.org/en

musicdevelopments wrote:
magicmusic wrote:I like this chord voicing in screenshot and wish to have this in the popuplist as a rcvoic file. how can do this ?
You cannot save a specific voicing, only a universal voicing.
If you select "Edit Voicing" in any voicing menu, you can define your own voicing. You have to specify how the voicing looks like with 3,4,5,6,7-note chords (up to 13th).

I included your voicing in the attachment. I quickly prepared a text file. If you want to rename it, open it in a text editor.

Thanks,
Attila
Hi Attila

thanks, this file work.
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

musicdevelopments wrote:
uncle808us wrote:I don't see the link for the new beta. and I have no guitar choice.
Yes, I realized that checking for updates does not work now. I'll send you the download links in PM.

Now you need to click on ""Override Master Track Voicing"" first, then click on the same menu again and select "Acoustic Guitar Voicing".
However from the next beta version (in 2-3 days) all the voicing options are always displayed.

Thanks,
Attila
Beautiful the guitar voicing sounds wonderful. Thank you so on this new beta version beta.3 the check for beta version will work? Thanks again.
MacBook Pro OSX El Capitan Ver 10.11.6
Logic Pro,Roland A-30 controller,Lots of Music apps DAW's and plug-ins.

??

Yes, I believe the version check will work well in the future.

Hi lulukom,

so many great ideas! Implementing all these is really a lot of work.
However today I added converting a percussion phrase to 'Percussion Generator' and it is seriously cool! :tu: You can modify existing percussion phrases, like regenerating the bass drum in a boring drum pattern. The next beta version is almost finished. The percussion generator should work very well and it is able to create very original patterns.

Dragging rhythm patterns is also a good idea!

Thanks,
Attila
lulukom wrote:Hi Attila !
Maybe I'm not very timely in writing my proposals, but maybe it does not happen quickly.
Creating a percussion generator is a great idea!
And it is well implemented.
Personally, I would like some improvements ...
And here is the first part of my proposals:
-Let there be an opportunity TO CONVERT ANY PHRASES TO THE PERCUSSION GENERATOR (This makes it possible to regenerate finished percussion phrases and midi files !!!)

Hello Atilla!
I really appreciate your understanding of my proposals!
Thank you for your work!

In bass generator using bass note+fifth I get bass note+octave

Phrases has a focus bug..

drop any generator on a composition, then drop a second phrase on the composition. The first composition loses focus and the new phrase has the selection and appears to be focused, but, if you hit the delete key, the first phrase gets deleted.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”