v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

crossovercable wrote:I know having the controllers saved in the phrases has a lot of issues, but if you could just get the controllers to move/copy with the midi file that was dropped in would be great. This way you are just using midi files rather than having them stored in RC as phrases.
I hope it come soon controller support in phrases, because this is important feature all sequencer have and many need
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

Yes, I wanted to do that for v3.5 but you see, there were lots of things to do and fix. The last stable release was in December and now it is June, so it is high time everyone uses the latest version. There were many smaller improvements instead of a few big new features.
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

To Do List No. 185
Import Chords: Import chords from other formats like MusicXML, ABC Notation, MIDI Markers etc..

musicdevelopments wrote:Yes, I wanted to do that for v3.5 but you see, there were lots of things to do and fix. The last stable release was in December and now it is June, so it is high time everyone uses the latest version. There were many smaller improvements instead of a few big new features.
Right on. Slow and steady wins the race. You are a true craftsman, Atilla. Looking forward to trying v3.5 which I just saw was released today. Thank you!!

Example removed - channel 10 import - bad example note timing

Hi Attila, :)
trying latest beta 3.5b16 x64

Idea Tool/Rhythm Patters works as i expect
(e.g. just one Generic Generator & multiple Rhythm Patterns)
Thank you so much!

and a suggestion:
when the "Use: Existing Phrase" is active, allow change the Rhythm Patterns via Randomize
wouldn't be great!? :love:

EDIT:
still experimenting with the Idea Tool
one more idea for the "Rhythm Patterns" section
option to shift Rhythms randomly according to selected divisions 1 bar & 1/2 bar & 1/4 bar etc.
then apply to Generators!
i believe would great creating different melodies from same rhythm
also would useful with the long rhythms, would be possible to use different part of the same rhythm on every random generation..

and a report:
Idea Tool Main Generate vs Track Generate (Melody Generator)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=182O8a ... 5iwtCrujiL

yellukhan wrote:Hi Attila, :)

Thank you so much!

and a suggestion:
when the "Use: Existing Phrase" is active, allow change the Rhythm Patterns via Randomize

EDIT:
option to shift Rhythms randomly according to selected divisions 1 bar & 1/2 bar & 1/4 bar etc.
also would useful with the long rhythms, would be possible to use different part of the same rhythm on every random generation..

and a report:
EDIT2:
one more report
Idea Tool
i just tried to duplicate the Part to create a slight variation of it
but when i randomize the Tracks randomization applies changes to the first one instead of
selected (via double click in Structure Browser) new duplicate.
i hope make sense.

about the rythm tool, i think there need some way to create mutal exclude. so that if a note is create in 1 line it is not create on other line. for example for hihats or cymbals. and if use randomisation then a phrase get on this beat either a open highhat or close or half open highhat. this can do if can choose for every line a mutal exclude number. if the highhat close, highhat open both is set to 1 then no open and close can happen at same time.

and if no snare should happen when kick is use, then can set snare and kick to 2. and if no crashcymbal and ride cymbal should happen, then can set both lines to 3

but before enhance rythm tool i wish first midi controllers ;-) . i only tell this, because i get in mind now

i wish first midi controllers ;-)
+1

yellukhan wrote:
yellukhan wrote:Hi Attila, :)

Thank you so much!

and a suggestion:

EDIT:

and a report:
EDIT2:
one more report
Idea Tool
i just tried to duplicate the Part to create a slight variation of it
but when i randomize the Tracks randomization applies changes to the first one instead of
selected (via double click in Structure Browser) new duplicate.
i hope make sense.
correcting myself for "EDIT2" above:
sorry!
its the "Line" i duplicated not the Part ..duplicate Part works fine.

For idea tool (and please correct me if any of my assumptions here is wrong) it would be nice to add options that result in slash chords. The bass of a slash chord drives any instrument that is a "bass" type correct? So currently if you use a bass instrument it just follows the root note of the bass.

Maybe options like (X is a mock option select button)

Use
X root
X 3rd
X 5th
X Any Scale Note
X Any Chord Note
X Non-Scale notes

Generate
X Random
X Weighted Step Intervals
X Drone
X min2
X maj2
X min3
X Ascending
X Decending

So I was able to partially mimic this by saving a bass generator preset and using it for the idea tool.

That said the what would make this really work is:

1. Generating slash chords via the idea tool
2. A option in bass generator. Maybe a slider that gives weight to the the bass note of chord.

In the rythm generator i notice in newest version too, when switch 1 line to rymth manual editing, i can draw the rythm. but when i press regenerate the rymth is not use and the line where can draw the rythm is delete

BTW: the melodies i liek most i get from the percussion generator. most settings sound good. attach is a screenshot of a setting. if you want that more notes sound at same time,change the offset the rythm notes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

wow cool. on another thread I brought up using the percussion generator for making ostinatos that differ in flavor from the ostinato generator. I was disappointing I couldn't map to relative notes. But I see your screenshot shows otherwise, I guess I jut needed to scroll down farther!!!

yes you need scroll down then you can choose upto Chord 13.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”