v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

Will this be beta 4 thread now, or will you start a new thread for it, or are we still in beta 3.++ for new betas?

Really loving V3! I've been having issues here and there with the saving of chord rules though (on this version and last version). I don't know how it works? Sometimes it automatically saves, then in rare occasions it doesn't. I just lost some chord rules I spent a couple minutes on earlier, but it DID save another chord rules instance I was working on at the same time. Kind of weird. Is there a way to insure it is saving like a button? I recently add only a few chords and then exit and restart the program just to make sure it's saving my chord rules. A bit inconvenient. Great program!

Hi KeepInTouch!

During editing your changes are permanent. You can add a chord, then load another rules, reload your original rules, the change should be there.
The chord rules are saved to disk only when you quit the program. This may cause problems if the program crashes or hangs, which hopefully won't happen.
Please, if you find anything wrong with saving, let me know.

Thanks,
Attila

This long thread includes many great suggestions and good ideas so I don't want it to disappear.
We could use it for posting questions about future beta versions (e.g. v3.1beta when it becomes available), but only for beta versions. Not everybody likes to participate in beta testing, which I understand. They can ignore this thread. But I am happy that many of you actively participated in shaping the next version, and having advanced access to new features is not a bad thing either.

I will post here when a new beta version is available. Please use this thread only for beta discussions.

Thank you!
Attila

v3.1b1 is available!

The download link is the same as it was for previous betas (it should end with ...betav3.php).

Changes:
  • Master track chords can be transposed (found in the chord magnet menu)
  • Group entry has a menu with recent groups
  • [Windows] WASAPI audio support (shared and exclusive mode)
Feel free to post in this topic if you have questions or problems with the beta version.

Thank you!
Attila

v3.1b2 is available!

Changes:
  • Previous implementation of chord transposition was removed, and replaced with a button in the master track inspector that lets you transpose chords by semitones. Optionally the scale base notes can be transposed together with the chords.
Note: it is possible that you won't be able to load the compositions saved with the previous beta, v3.1b1. In theory it should work though.

thanks Attila

Thanks Attila, I really appreciate how helpful you are !
I use some pgmusic apps that are still in Delphi and it take like years n years (if at all) to do what you do overnight !
I have been trying to get pgmusic to fix their vst sync for vsts like EZDrummer for 6 years and you did it overnight !

same link is just getting me v3.02. is there another link?
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."

its in the first post of this topic.
if you want to download 64 bit version
use : "x64betav3" instead of "betav3"

Thanks yellukhan, i see what i was doing wrong. :)
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."

When transposing the chord track up and then back the original chords, they turn red until scale is changed up then back.
Ezdrummer sound don't work from saved session, have to reload the vsti to get sound, I think you might be already working on that problem.

I did not realize that chords turn red...
I will contact the programmer at ToonTrack again about EZdrummer, because I can't solve this on my side.

Thanks,
Attila

v3.1b3 is available!

Changes:
  • New phrase generator: 'Rest' to be used in the Idea Tool
  • 'Add Interval' includes a 'Mute Original Notes' option
  • Fixed WASAPI which produced chopping sounds. Both shared mode and exclusive mode works. You can go down to 4 msec latency in exclusive mode (depending on the hardware). In shared mode the buffer size cannot be set, it is provided by the system.
  • A crashing bug fixed with the group entry in the Phrase Editor
  • Fixed 'division by zero' crash when there was no valid audio interface set
  • Better error handling when setting up audio. Alert windows appear over the application window rather than behind it...

Thank you! :love:

Return to “MusicDevelopments”