v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

after you change phrase to a generator
click to Magic Wand icon on the phrase inspector window
bottom of this tab you should see Save button

Thank you yellukhan, very nice illustration :D .

This is really great cause I was a little lost with melody generators, now I can just take a midi melody phrase I like and there it is for further use in the idea tool :D

:D my pleasure!
suggestion of the morning,
is it possible to have Scale ability in the Arpeggiator?
even maybe with the Chord / Scale percentage slider ?
i think it would fantastically inspirational, especially with Random and Random Neighbor Shapes.

Have a nice day!
Yıldırım.

Hi magicmusic!

Ouch. I think this may be because of the new WASAPI support on Windows, especially if you haven't run any beta versions recently.
Will you please hold down the Alt key during starting RapidComposer, and see if that works. If the program comes up, click on Settings / Audio and set up audio there.

I have good news for you: the shortcut for "preview phrase in composition with all unmuted tracks" was added yesterday, and at the moment I am working on opening an alert window if there is a chance to loose an edited phrase (must be enabled in the preferences).
Sorry that it took so long. I try to catch up.

Attila

magicmusic wrote:Hi Attila
I install the b6 and the x64 version in win 10 and crashes on start . show "setting up user interface" the last useed version i use and work was 3.02. older beta i not test
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

This is a very good idea, Yıldırım, I am excited! :tu:

Thanks!
Attila
yellukhan wrote:is it possible to have Scale ability in the Arpeggiator?
even maybe with the Chord / Scale percentage slider ?
i think it would fantastically inspirational, especially with Random and Random Neighbor Shapes.

lulukom wrote:Hello Attila!
Function "Conversion of the phrase in the generator", it is just super! Thank you so much !
Hi lulukom,

it was your idea... ;) I agree it is very useful.
Assigning colors to sliders is also a good suggestion.
lulukom wrote: I would like to:
1. be able to turn off action of each slider on track
(I do not want to open the inspector, to listen without variation)
I know what you mean. Turning off sliders may not be logical, because a variation may have several sliders. But the variations could be displayed in the track header, where you could enable and disable them without opening the inspector.
Thanks,
Attila

i forgot to say earlier, it was great idea indeed! Thank you lulukom!
and
Thank you Attila !
now i am excited too :D

Hello !
Yes, I thought about it for a long time, but it seemed to me that Attila said that it is impossible to combine phrases and generators ... But I think that this is a new level, and I imagine that I can apply for phrases many different generators and in the future, and mIDI processors ... This is a great achievement! Lets move in this direction! And do not forget about recording with midi controllers! Thank you !

musicdevelopments wrote:Hi magicmusic!

Ouch. I think this may be because of the new WASAPI support on Windows, especially if you haven't run any beta versions recently.
Will you please hold down the Alt key during starting RapidComposer, and see if that works. If the program comes up, click on Settings / Audio and set up audio there.

I have good news for you: the shortcut for "preview phrase in composition with all unmuted tracks" was added yesterday, and at the moment I am working on opening an alert window if there is a chance to loose an edited phrase (must be enabled in the preferences).
Sorry that it took so long. I try to catch up.

Attila

Hi Attila

press and hold alt do not help. I install 3.02 again and i start it. work ok as before. Select was sounblaster z asio. i change to windows mme, and it crash short after change. i start 3.02 again and it work with windows mme. I quit and install b6 again. crash happen too. so seem not sound wasapi problem.did it help when i send you the win 10 wer file with the crash offset to you ?. for the hotkey and the requester, thanks, this is great, it help alot
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

Yes, you are right, magicmusic, a new working update will be available in half an hour.

v3.1b7 is available!

Changes:
  • Due to a software build problem beta6 crashed quickly after starting. Sorry about that, the exact cause is not known yet.
  • New shortcut: "Preview Edited Phrase With Unmuted Tracks"
  • You are asked to save or discard the edited phrase, if you enable "Always Confirm Discarding Edited Phrase". It is disabled by default.
  • The "Composition has been changed..." dialog is opened only when there were really changes made.

I am not sure if I overlook something or have to prepare something before but when I convert midi phrase of an imported midi file something strange is happening:
rc_midi.jpg
rc_melody_generator.jpg
The whole phrase is changed at the beginning and dropped down some octaves, if I save that as melody phrase just wont fit.... :?:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

But I have after converting MIDI phrases in generators it turns out only rhythmic pattern consisting of notes of the same pitch (all only C1 for example) Actually, now I thought: is so conceived?
So it must be, Attila?
Thank you!

I have tried to edit the note range before saving the phrase to generator but that seems not to be saved, after editing and saving for example note range from f2-g3 to f4-f5 it goes back to f2-g3 (which is absolutely useless for a flute melody....) :?:

if you mean Generator didn't keep the note range f4 - f5 that you adjust in generator settings
works here.

did you tried this:
after adjusting f5 - f5 hit re generate then apply then Save the generator?

Return to “MusicDevelopments”