Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise

Is This Possible?

KeepInTouch
KVRer

3 posts since 22 Apr, 2016

Postby KeepInTouch; Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:37 am Is This Possible?

I like the phrases idea but I was wondering if you can combine two or more phrase rhythms together to get a totally new phrase based on probability?

Like if one phrase has a rhythm that lands on beat 1, beat 2 and beat 3. Then I have another phrase that lands on beat 1, beat 3 and beat 4. The end result phrase will have a 100% chance of landing on 1, a 50% chance of beat 2, a 100% chance of 3 and a 50% chance of 4. Then you can add maybe like 3 more phrases to make it even more realistic.

Right now I use a tool called MIDIRandomizer for this and I have to enter the percentages manually, but if this software has this capability it would be great! I'm assuming it would be a lot of work though.
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

2063 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Postby musicdevelopments; Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:28 am Re: Is This Possible?

Very interesting thought!
I am still thinking where and how this could be added in RapidComposer. Maybe a new rhythm generator could be created where you could drop several phrases and rhythms, and it will combine them.

The probabilistic rhythm generator works similarly, by having percentages on beats, and the 'Randomness' slider makes the distribution even if needed.

Welcome to this forum! :)
Attila
http://www.musicdevelopments.com
Music Prototyping And Automated Composition Solutions
KeepInTouch
KVRer

3 posts since 22 Apr, 2016

Postby KeepInTouch; Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:15 pm Re: Is This Possible?

musicdevelopments wrote:Very interesting thought!
I am still thinking where and how this could be added in RapidComposer. Maybe a new rhythm generator could be created where you could drop several phrases and rhythms, and it will combine them.

The probabilistic rhythm generator works similarly, by having percentages on beats, and the 'Randomness' slider makes the distribution even if needed.

Welcome to this forum! :)
Attila

oh wow, thanks for the quick response! I don't know how many people would benefit from it but a rhythm generator like that would be exactly what I'm looking for. Hope something similar could be implemented in future updates!
tsmiguel
KVRer

20 posts since 6 Feb, 2008, from spain

Postby tsmiguel; Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:19 am Re: Is This Possible?

In the phrase container gen.. you could add a rhythm combiner, similar to the phrase combiner.
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

2063 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Postby musicdevelopments; Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:33 am Re: Is This Possible?

Yes, good idea, interesting thought, although this is different from what KeepInTouch suggested which is strictly rhythm only.
It would be interesting to use randomly selected notes from a list of phrases, thus making a new phrase. E.g. when multiple notes begin at beat 1, you choose one randomly. If there is only one note at beat 2, that will be used. Maybe polyphony could be specified. I added this to the to-do list for cold winter days :)
http://www.musicdevelopments.com
Music Prototyping And Automated Composition Solutions

Moderator: musicdevelopments

Return to MusicDevelopments