Upgrading to 3.13 makes problem with

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi I recently (today) upgraded to v3.13 and got problems.

1. file migration from AppData to Documents fails and I saw that the same problem existed in the bug report but no solution but upgrade to 3.12, but I am now on 3.13 with Windows 10.

2. The vst plugin to Cubase cant get any contact with the main RapidComposer program, It doesnt help if I change the path in settings, so I cant open RapidComposer in Cubase if I close the Rapid Composer Window.

Is this any known issues or is like usual that I am the only one :-).

Best Regards
Peter

Ok, I did some tests to make all this work, cause I thought it was strange that no one else had the same problem.

SOLUTION 1: I did an upgrade from 3.04 and somehow the bug fixes that should solve the problems in version 3.12 doesnt solve the problem if you go direct to 3.13. So I had to make a full remove of RC and then reinstall 3.13.
SOLUTION 2: The problem with vst solved itself when SOLUTION 1 was solved.

I did ran into another problem tough, RC standalone crasched when loading ASIO driver, when no audio out was selected in ASIO4ALL driver. I had to start Cubase and from there connect correct audio outputs, then the standalone RC was starting okej. I also saw that this problem have been addressed before but it doesnt seems to be solved in my opinion, cause I did a complete reinstall from scratch.

Hi Peter,

the program tries to move the RapidComposerV3 folder from AppData\Roaming to your Documents folder when it first runs. For some reason this failed in your case. You can move the folder manually. Make sure there is no AppData\Roaming\RapidComposerV3 folder anymore.

This is one of the rare cases when you need to manually replace the VST plug-in (.dll) with the new plug-in. The new plug-in will look for the new standalone (by opening a data file) in Documents/RapidComposerV3 rather than in AppData\Roaming\RapidComposerV3.

I am sorry for the inconveniences. Please let me know if you still have issues.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Hi Attila,
I dont actually know what caused the problem but I had to reinstall everything, I did try to do what you suggested but it did not work.
I think the jump from 3.04 was toooooo far :-).
But it still crasches sometime when I load asiodriver or suddenly when I use it, so something is fishy, could be my computer also, you never know those things.

// Peter

Return to “MusicDevelopments”