Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR

Which RapidComposer feature do you need the most? Mark maximum 5 options.

Drum maps, improved percussion phrases and editing
4%
Improved chord palette, circle of fifth, chord builder, borrowed chords, easier chord entry
14%
Scale and chord finder tool built in the scale and chord browsers
10%
Sharing custom phrases and using other users' shared phrases integrated into the phrase browser
5%
Phrases may contains MIDI controllers and pitch bending (editable in the phrase editor)
5%
New phrase generators (harp glissando, piano left hand pattern generator)
8%
New interactive melody generator
14%
Melody analysis from MIDI tracks, melody rules
11%
MIDI file browser showing detailed file info
2%
Lyrics track
1%
Audio import and display improvements
1%
Tracks may have own guide/master track
2%
Acoustic guitar chord shown on master track, editable acoustic guitar chords
2%
Project management
2%
Tunings
1%
MIDI learn - use MIDI controllers for various sliders and operations
2%
LUA scripting
3%
User interface simplification
6%
Translating the UI to other languages
No votes
Audio effects (VST/AU plug-ins) with automation
2%
Support for VST3 plug-ins
2%
Support for Audio Unit (AU) plug-ins on OS X
1%
AU plug-in version for OS X e.g. to be used in Logic Pro X
1%

Total votes : 366
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

2729 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Postby musicdevelopments; Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:53 am POLL: which feature do you need the most?

This is a poll for existing RapidComposer users to express interest about planned, soon-to-be-implemented features. Your vote affects the priorities for these features.

This is the first poll that I created, I hope I got it right. Not all 200+ features are included from the to-do list.
If you find that something important is missing, please send me a PM or e-mail.
Thanks for your input!
Attila
http://www.musicdevelopments.com
Music Prototyping And Automated Composition Solutions
magicmusic
KVRian

931 posts since 11 Nov, 2013

Postby magicmusic; Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:10 am Re: POLL: which feature do you need the most?

what do you mean with lua scripting ?. do you mean it is possible in LUA to write phrase variations ?. such a feature is really great, i have lots ideas. miss in poll is what suggest earlier(not only me), "better preview of midi phrases and play together with other tracks the preview phrases". user interface simplification sound always good, but what are your plans. midi learn is good, i vote for it. but enough for me is if there can choose 1 endless knob that modify value under mouse. control for all functions a knob have problem, that mostly forget what knob do what function. I have a super nice midi keyboard with 8 endless knobs, 9 slider 5 buttons but i use it not.

and for audio, there is melodyne, some DAW support the special ARA 4.1 interface. the cheapest version cost 99$. maybe support of ARA interface is easy to program and then RC is as a DAW with builtin timestretch. melodyne that is able to do audio to midi cost 250$ and is expensive. here you can see what ARA supporrt can do in studio one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix1FKDtfiUs
win 10 64 1803 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 16 GB Ram, Soundblaster z, Logi Link USB 2.0 soundbox spdif out
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:03 am Re: POLL: which feature do you need the most?

I fear that all existing votes will get lost if I modify the poll to add a new entry, so I will leave it as it is. It is very useful for me to see what you really need.

"LUA scripting" means being able to write a phrase variation or phrase generator in LUA.

While the ARA interface certainly seems useful, I will leave this functionality for DAWs. We'll return to this idea in a year.

Thanks for the votes,
Attila
Vertion
KVRist

380 posts since 29 Oct, 2016

Postby Vertion; Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:07 am Re: POLL: which feature do you need the most?

LUA Scripting would be great
magicmusic
KVRian

Postby magicmusic; Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:16 pm Re: POLL: which feature do you need the most?

musicdevelopments wrote:I fear that all existing votes will get lost if I modify the poll to add a new entry, so I will leave it as it is. It is very useful for me to see what you really need.

"LUA scripting" means being able to write a phrase variation or phrase generator in LUA.

While the ARA interface certainly seems useful, I will leave this functionality for DAWs. We'll return to this idea in a year.

Thanks for the votes,
Attila

what happen when you add new you can test with a new Poll thread(only for testing issues), add your votes and then modify it. if your old votes stay after modify then modify can work

in your poll is also the feature miss for a global master vst effect(talk about that in rc3 beta list). this is usefull to get reverb or limiter on sf2player.

this with the ara is nothing important for me, i only suggest this because in other thread was written about audio to midi conversation and time stretch. so maybe with ARA RC can work as full DAW with best market sounding timestretch and can get information to analyse audio. i did not know what ara all can do
win 10 64 1803 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 16 GB Ram, Soundblaster z, Logi Link USB 2.0 soundbox spdif out
lulukom
KVRian

690 posts since 30 Nov, 2013

Postby lulukom; Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:17 pm Re: POLL: which feature do you need the most?

I do not think we need to turn RC into an audio program - there are other ... so much more you can do with MIDI. Why make a monster of a RC ?
nexussynth
KVRian

529 posts since 31 Dec, 2003

Postby nexussynth; Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:04 pm Re: POLL: which feature do you need the most?

being able to have an effects send to say a reverb VST from the loaded VSTi would not make RC into a DAW but would be very nice.
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:12 am Re: POLL: which feature do you need the most?

The global master VST effect is important and it is on the list: Audio effects (VST/AU plug-ins) with automation. It would not be difficult to add because VSTi plug-ins are already handled with user interface, automation of certain parameters is also possible, so it is really not difficult. Each track could have an effect chain, and there would be a global effect chain for the master track. I wouldn't want anything more complicated than this.

On the other hand I agree with lulukom, editing audio is not the purpose of the program. More important are the music theory, composition aids and MIDI editing.

Thanks for the feedback!
magicmusic
KVRian

Postby magicmusic; Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:30 am Re: POLL: which feature do you need the most?

The automation is not important to me, so i choose this not(now i change my choose). maybe for first audio effects without automation is enough, and later come automation.

ara is also usefull when just want play a wav, ogg or mp3 loop with diffrent speed in high quality or transpose them. i have magix music maker older version and i buy some loop packs which contain many good sounding ogg or wav loops and every instrument loop is here in 7 tone steps. when with ara the wav loop can automatic pitch that it fit in chord or use the song tempo is good. but as i told not important to me, the fix bpm is not so problem for me too. but since the mixer is gone i see no way to change volume in audio track and phrases for audio can not save that they appear in phrase browser too(to preview). and effect too i can not use in audio. so if i wish this, i better use DAW

I notice in audio phrase can add variation velocity. but it do nothing. it is too possible to convert to chord generator but it play nothing then
RiLLMuzik
KVRer

11 posts since 14 Jun, 2015

Postby RiLLMuzik; Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:11 am Re: POLL: which feature do you need the most?

melody analysis melody rules plz and better chord browser... everything else is well, people just want another daw... but this is rapidcomposer! a midi maestro!
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:48 am Re: POLL: which feature do you need the most?

This poll is already very useful, many thanks for the votes! Now I see what you find important.
Some plans were changed as a result of the poll, so v3.2 will include a chord and scale finder.

Thank you!
Attila
lulukom
KVRian

Postby lulukom; Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:23 am Re: POLL: which feature do you need the most?

Attila HELLO!
And will finder scales, scale look for that are most correspond to the a particular chord? Or finder scales will search scale by name or other parameters?
By the way, you have received my letter, which I shared with my wishes of new improvements? Thank you !
Sincerely lulukom
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:43 am Re: POLL: which feature do you need the most?

Hi lulukom!

Yes, I received your e-mail with your suggestions, thank you!
Scale lookup will be by
- notes selected on a piano keyboard, or
- notes typed as text, and/or
- chord names typed as text
but I am open to suggestions after the first implementation is done.

Thank you!
Attila
lulukom
KVRian

Postby lulukom; Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:49 pm Re: POLL: which feature do you need the most?

Maybe finder scales with a set of chord using an external MIDI controller?)))))
nexussynth
KVRian

529 posts since 31 Dec, 2003

Postby nexussynth; Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:59 pm Re: POLL: which feature do you need the most?

odd there such little interest in more types of phrase generators.

a harp generator would be very useful as well as a polyphonic arpeggiator.
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."
Next

Moderator: musicdevelopments

Return to MusicDevelopments