Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New What is KVR? Submit News Advertise

Which RapidComposer feature do you need the most? Mark maximum 5 options.

Drum maps, improved percussion phrases and editing
3%
Improved chord palette, circle of fifth, chord builder, borrowed chords, easier chord entry
17%
Scale and chord finder tool built in the scale and chord browsers
12%
Sharing custom phrases and using other users' shared phrases integrated into the phrase browser
5%
Phrases may contains MIDI controllers and pitch bending (editable in the phrase editor)
4%
New phrase generators (harp glissando, piano left hand pattern generator)
8%
New interactive melody generator
14%
Melody analysis from MIDI tracks, melody rules
11%
MIDI file browser showing detailed file info
2%
Lyrics track
No votes
Audio import and display improvements
1%
Tracks may have own guide/master track
2%
Acoustic guitar chord shown on master track, editable acoustic guitar chords
3%
Project management
2%
Tunings
0%
MIDI learn - use MIDI controllers for various sliders and operations
2%
LUA scripting
3%
User interface simplification
5%
Translating the UI to other languages
No votes
Audio effects (VST/AU plug-ins) with automation
1%
Support for VST3 plug-ins
2%
Support for Audio Unit (AU) plug-ins on OS X
1%
AU plug-in version for OS X e.g. to be used in Logic Pro X
1%

Total votes : 212
BlackWinny
KVRAF

2806 posts since 17 Jun, 2013, from very close to Paris, France

Postby BlackWinny; Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:26 am Re: POLL: which feature do you need the most?

Hello everybody!

For me, my five wishes for RC are ONE... and far beyond any other features:

1. All about the music theory
  2. All about the music theory
  3. All about the music theory
  4. All about the music theory
  5. All about the music theory

Meaning: chord palette, circle of fifth, chord builder, borrowed chords, easier chord entry, scale and chord finder tool, pitch bending, new phrase generators (harp glissando, piano left hand pattern generator), new interactive melody generator, acoustic guitar chords...

All about the music theory.

An implementation of the circle of fifths is even what I expect the most since the first day I came to RapidComposer. For me, nothing is more important than this. A huge implementation of the circle of fifths. Because the circle of fifths is and will remain definitely the best tool to materialize the harmony rules.

The aim of RapidComposer is not to become a DAW but to be the best piano-roll composition tool in the world. If the mind turns to the technological aspects, Attila will loose his focus which must stay on the composition role: to create THE best modern tool to materialize the harmony rules, the counterpoint rules and the melody facilities for the modern composer.

All the rest is much more the responsibility of the DAW. We all have a DAW. And RapidComposer integrates itself perfectly in all the DAWs. So let's the DAW developers keep their competences on this aspect of our activity. They will never reach the level of RapidComposer concerning the composition tool, so let's not yeld to the temptation to transform RC in a kind of DAW, it would be a disaster because what the musicians need is not yet another DAW... but the top-notch composition tool.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
lulukom
KVRist

440 posts since 30 Nov, 2013

Postby lulukom; Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:50 am Re: POLL: which feature do you need the most?

+++1
magicmusic
KVRist

491 posts since 11 Nov, 2013

Postby magicmusic; Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:13 am Re: POLL: which feature do you need the most?

maybe the usage as plugin can be more better. I like a hotkey (when DAW is active)that switch RC window to front(when it is in background) or back (when it is on top). currently RC window is always on front, i move to side if i want something do in other windows or DAW.
when i want add VST to a reaper track RC show me in preset "plugin #1 in reaper" "plugin #2 in reaper". I like feature that it is possible to rename that. so i can give plugin #1 in reaper a own name which fit to track name in reaper or rc. this make things more clear. or if it is possible as in standalone can use a VST plugin. so songs that are create in standalone RC sound with correct sound in plugin RC. And if nothing is in RC VST Slot add, it is as before.

maybe i am too lazy, I do not use RC in DAW, because handling(select VST, move locator) in Reaper is not so good as in RC standalone and MUX racks and audio files in DAW can not use because when i change a chord, audio staff in DAW do not fit, because DAW can not automatic transpose.
PeteInNeedOfABeat
KVRer

18 posts since 28 Jun, 2016, from Germany

Postby PeteInNeedOfABeat; Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:05 am Re: POLL: which feature do you need the most?

Hi all,

I just saw this post today as I'm currently mixing and mastering an album, so I'm not using RC daily at the moment.

I joined the poll, but one thing wasn't in there: counterpoint generator.

Maybe you mean the same with "interactive melody generator"?
I've not composed counterpoint myself, but from what I know it's a set of rules (different species of counterpoint). So maybe it's possible to make software "learn" these rules?
Would be a great way for me to start experimenting with this.

Guitar chords would also nice (guitar player here).

And some "smaller" feature requests:

- Option to lock "snap" and "grid" together in composition view (so you don't have to change two values, just one)

- Keyboard shortcut CTRL+Q to quit the program

- Option to make inserted Phrases/Generators automatically snap to the loop you set in RC (same lenght)

- Option to automatically remove/deactivate Track Variations when a Phrase gets rendered (before you go into manual note editing, so you don't have to bypass/remove all variations manually).

Sunny greetings,
Pete
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

1886 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Postby musicdevelopments; Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:38 am Re: POLL: which feature do you need the most?

BlackWinny wrote:Hello everybody!

For me, my five wishes for RC are ONE... and far beyond any other features:

Hello dear BlackWinny,

nice to see you again on this forum! I fully agree with your suggestions, and I promise more music theory will be built in very soon, including a circle of fifths chart. I realized I don't like some (all?) aspects of working with chords as they are implemented now. It annoys me very much, so everything about chords will be redesigned in v3.3. It is never late to realize our mistakes and fix them, I hope.

Thanks!
Attila
http://www.musicdevelopments.com
Music Prototyping And Automated Composition Solutions
tsmiguel
KVRer

17 posts since 6 Feb, 2008, from spain

Postby tsmiguel; Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:28 pm Re: POLL: which feature do you need the most?

I agree with every opinion here about RC aiming to be a composition tool rather then a DAW.
we have enough DAW´s but few tools that help the composer or song writer to develope ideas or experimentation. Sometimes you sit in front of your instrument asking yourself: "now what to compose"
Then RC can be a good music tool if one lerns to use it´s potential.
But the program after all the wonderfull inprovements over the years and the incredible work done by Attila needs imho a few things:
- user interface simplification
- improve the tools that take advantage of the various musical techniques, like voice leading, interval comstruction, counterpoint and harmony systems.
- more templates as starting points for composing music in any style or technique.

In short, RC is a nice tool for creating songs using harmony, rhythm and melody but can be much more then that, it could be a very professional tools for composers of any style of music, including classical, conteporary or jazz music. My wish is that keeps evolving in this direction and becomes "the ultimate composer midi tool"

Thanks
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

1886 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Postby musicdevelopments; Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:36 am Re: POLL: which feature do you need the most?

Thank you, Tomás, for your thoughts!
Attila
http://www.musicdevelopments.com
Music Prototyping And Automated Composition Solutions
Previous

Moderator: musicdevelopments

Return to MusicDevelopments