Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise

Moving chords on the timeline

Nextom
KVRist

94 posts since 26 Sep, 2015

Postby Nextom; Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:04 am Moving chords on the timeline

I'm in a file that I created via template. Now I want to pull one of the chords a little ahead in time, say from bar 4 to bar 2. When I do this, I see the notes in the bass-generator change, exactly as I would have expected – accomodating to the new chord that is now playing from bar 2. BUT this doesn't happen in the track with the chord-generator. There the notes stay the same, as if the chord had not moved. (See screenshot). Why is that?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
yellukhan
KVRian

1106 posts since 10 Mar, 2004

Postby yellukhan; Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:58 am Re: Moving chords on the timeline

seems you edited the chord generator so chord notes not the generator anymore...
and it doesn't change when the chords change, i think because of the note lengths.
Nextom
KVRist

94 posts since 26 Sep, 2015

Postby Nextom; Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:44 am Re: Moving chords on the timeline

Not quite clear: You mean, the note-length in the chord-generator override the structure given by the chord-track?
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

2168 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Postby musicdevelopments; Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:18 am Re: Moving chords on the timeline

The way it works: notes are rendered according to the chord and scale at the beginning of the note. Only that counts.
So if you have a long note it will remain one long note regardless of any chord change during the note.

Please read my new post in the Tips&Tricks subforum because what you want can be accomplished using track variations.
http://www.musicdevelopments.com
Music Prototyping And Automated Composition Solutions

Moderator: musicdevelopments

Return to MusicDevelopments