Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise

Rapid Composer won't load into my DAW

Terry50
KVRer

4 posts since 6 Oct, 2015

Postby Terry50; Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:39 pm Rapid Composer won't load into my DAW

HI<
I use Digital Performer 9. My Rapid Composer opens up OK in stand alone mode; but it won't start inside DP9 as a plugin. See attachment
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BlackWinny
KVRAF

3040 posts since 17 Jun, 2013, from very close to Paris, France

Postby BlackWinny; Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:56 pm Re: Rapid Composer won't load into my DAW

Hello !

In a DAW it is not the standalone (*.exe) version that you must run... but the VST (*.dll) version.

It is placed in the same directory than the exe version.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

1983 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Postby musicdevelopments; Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:51 am Re: Rapid Composer won't load into my DAW

I installed DP9 just to try this, and the RC plug-in loaded correctly on my macbook pro.

I suppose the standalone is installed as /Applications/RapidComposer.app. Maybe you installed it on another volume?
This error message is displayed from the RC VST plug-in and it means it wasn't able to launch the standalone version.
Either the path is wrong (I hope) or there was an error during launching the RapidComposer.app.

Did you check the existence and content of ~/Documents/RapidComposerV3/Settings/VSTLastAppPath.txt file?
It should contain the path to the standalone. When running the standalone version, it always creates that file, so I am not sure what went wrong. You can create the file manually, normally it contains "/Applications/RapidComposer.app".

Another trick that may help: you can start the standalone RapidComposer first, then open the RC VST plug-in DP9. The plug-in will easily find the running application.
Please let me know.

Thanks,
Attila
http://www.musicdevelopments.com
Music Prototyping And Automated Composition Solutions

Moderator: musicdevelopments

Return to MusicDevelopments