Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
BluGenes
KVRer

29 posts since 15 May, 2017

Postby BluGenes; Wed May 17, 2017 6:39 am Phrase editor - populating the preview intruments

I can't seem to get the phase editor to populate the drop down list for the instruments/tracks to preview with correctly.. It doesn't see "all" the tracks I have in the composer side. Am I missing something?
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

1993 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Postby musicdevelopments; Wed May 17, 2017 7:01 am Re: Phrase editor - populating the preview intruments

I have just tried this on Windows and OS X and it worked for me.
When I added a new track, the menu was updated, as it should.
How can I reproduce this issue?

Thanks,
Attila
http://www.musicdevelopments.com
Music Prototyping And Automated Composition Solutions
BluGenes
KVRer

Postby BluGenes; Wed May 17, 2017 7:07 am Re: Phrase editor - populating the preview intruments

Ok, yea, left some info out.. lol sorry. I just installed LoopBe so I can send midi to the stand alone versions of my VST's. However, I am naming the track. It does see the first 2 tracks like this..
BluGenes
KVRer

Postby BluGenes; Wed May 17, 2017 7:12 am Re: Phrase editor - populating the preview intruments

Ok, somehow, it is updating but, not "instantly". As I add a new track, it see's the previous tracks, but, not the new one.

Ok, I think I figured it out. When you add a track, the preview in the phrase editor gets the default info. When you rename the track, that info isn't passed to the phrase tab, until you add a new track. So, it "looks" like it doesn't update. am I correct?
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Wed May 17, 2017 7:24 am Re: Phrase editor - populating the preview intruments

I see what is wrong. When you rename a track, the menu is not updated, you still see the previous name. It is updated only when you add or remove a track. I'll fix this, thank you for reporting it.
[EDIT: it is fixed now. A new bug-fix update v3.23 will be uploaded early next week]

Thanks,
Attila
BluGenes
KVRer

Postby BluGenes; Wed May 17, 2017 7:38 am Re: Phrase editor - populating the preview intruments

no problem.. :) If it helps, I am a retired software engineer.. so, I know the process..

Also, I need this info "how to" .. how do I restrict the midi keyboard range for a track? Some instruments I will be using only plays, maybe from C1 through maybe C2, for example.. (like low brass) .. I think I have every thing else worked out.. yay! well, almost, haven't touched percussion yet.. lol
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Wed May 17, 2017 7:57 am Re: Phrase editor - populating the preview intruments

Then you will learn RC very quickly ;)

There is no way to limit the keyboard range during editing. There is a variation called "Limit Note Range" that works on rendered phrases. It will either remove out-of-range notes or transpose them into the allowed range:

Another option is to use the 'phrase magnets' when you have multiple phrases inserted continuously. All phrases will be transposed automatically to follow the previous phrase. If you right-click on the magnet, there are several algorithms offered. Transposing the very first phrase will transpose all connected phrases. This may help to keep the phrases in a keyboard range.
BluGenes
KVRer

Postby BluGenes; Wed May 17, 2017 8:25 am Re: Phrase editor - populating the preview intruments

Well thank you very much!

My only disappointment so far, is not discovering this software sooner.. :D

Moderator: musicdevelopments

Return to MusicDevelopments