Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

2227 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Postby musicdevelopments; Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:59 am RapidComposer v3.3 released!

After 16 beta versions and more than 5 months of development version 3.3 was released today. This major update focuses on the workflow with chords and chord progressions. It features redesigned chord palette with Chord Builder and Circle of Fifths, immediate chord suggestions on the master track (suggestions by rules, borrowed chords, chord substitutions), new chord progression editor integrated into the Chord Selector, better chord progression generation using borrowed chords, improved audio support, improved drag-and-drop and many other improvements.

Improvements:

• Redesigned chord palette, Chord Builder and Circle of Fifths added
  • New, improved progression editor built into the Chord Selector, "Progression Editor" tab was removed
  • The chord progression generator can use borrowed chords for more interesting progressions
  • New configurable 'Quick Suggestions' pop-up that offers chord suggestions, borrowed chords, chord substitutions, displays chords on scale and chord builder
  • Improved workflow when editing master track chords. It is easy to enter chords from computer or MIDI keyboard
  • 'Circle OF Fifths' available for master track chords
  • Built-in Quick Start Tutorial
  • Improved audio file support: 16/24/32 bit signed/unsigned PCM or single precision floating point (mono or stereo) WAV/AIFF files can be loaded without limitation for the sampling rate
  • Double-click on an audio track will let you quickly import an audio file
  • MIDI file drag and drop improvements: drop files on master track, hold Ctrl to insert chord-relative phrases, trimming empty bars
  • One-click phrase preview can be activated at the top of the phrase browser ('play' icon)
  • Assign colors to parts and lines in the structure inspector
  • Chords displayed in the structure inspector
  • Structure inspector workflow improvements: add/remove/duplicate buttons are shown after adding or removing, no need to click again
  • Merge Compositions
  • Notes may have two articulations assigned
  • New variation: "Make Monophonic" that removes polyphonic notes and shortens notes to avoid overlapping
  • New option for "Convert To Relative Form": "Set Notes To Nearest Scale/Chord Note"
  • New setting: "Send VST Editor Keystrokes To RapidComposer"
  • New setting: "Make VST Editors Always On Top"
  • The preferred MIDI controllers and variations are added to imported MIDI tracks
  • 'Transpose' can be added to newly created tracks with optional slider in track header
  • New 'Octave Transpose' slider in 'Transpose'
  • 'Swing' improvements: negative values are possible, offset is specified in percent instead of an absolute duration
  • Settings / Preview offers chord preview octave and 'note on' velocity settings
  • Option to invert the piano roll vertical scroll direction in Settings
  • 'Split Notes On Grid' and 'Split Notes On Playback Position' added to Phrase Editor
  • Many other small improvements and bug fixes
I would like to say thanks to the wonderful community here at KVRAudio for all those suggestions and help that I received. :love:

Thanks,
Attila
http://www.musicdevelopments.com
Music Prototyping And Automated Composition Solutions
thebutler
KVRist

95 posts since 9 Oct, 2013, from uk

Postby thebutler; Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:32 am Re: RapidComposer v3.3 released!

Congratulations Attila, great looking release...!

Immediate impression:- just ran the update and launched the built-in Quick Tutorial applet as prompted by a splash screen - it crashed RC to the desktop on second page; I tried again, it crashed RC on third or fourth page...

Then, on third attempt, I noticed in top left corner that there was some activity still going on... Ah.! The tutorial app had not fully loaded yet. I waited until that happened (little book icon appears top right corner) and then ran the tutorial ok. May be something you can do about this for brand new users..? Make the applet load quicker or not allow a user to proceed until the applet has fully loaded properly..?

Cheers for now...
thebutler
Cubase Pro v9.5; Wavelab Pro v9.5.10; Studio One v3.5.2; Win10 64bit; Core i7; 16Gb RAM; NVIDIA GTX750Ti graphics; 2x Asus 22" HD LCD; Yamaha UR44 audio/MIDI; Yamaha HS80 and Equator Audio Research D5 monitoring; Komplete 10; Stylus RMX
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:56 am Re: RapidComposer v3.3 released!

Thank you for letting me know, thebutler, I'll check this problem ASAP!

EDIT: problem fixed now in the currently downloadable installers.

Cheers,
Attila
lulukom
KVRian

576 posts since 30 Nov, 2013

Postby lulukom; Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:57 am Re: RapidComposer v3.3 released!

Hi Attila !
Dunbar
KVRist

483 posts since 28 Apr, 2004, from location: location

Postby Dunbar; Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:34 am Re: RapidComposer v3.3 released!

I look forward to giving the new update a spin later today.

For those of you interested in a composition assistant I recommend this software. It's also great for furthering an understanding of music in general.
eh?
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:06 am Re: RapidComposer v3.3 released!

lulukom wrote:Hi Attila !

Hi lulukom,
I don't know, maybe it was a temporary problem with the server? It works on my macbook at the moment.
Thanks,
Attila
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:09 am Re: RapidComposer v3.3 released!

Dunbar wrote:I look forward to giving the new update a spin later today.

For those of you interested in a composition assistant I recommend this software. It's also great for furthering an understanding of music in general.

Hello Dunbar,
thank you for your kind comment :) :tu:
Attila
vanhaze
KVRist

222 posts since 23 Oct, 2004

Postby vanhaze; Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:20 am Re: RapidComposer v3.3 released!

Dear Attila,

Amazing update, thank you for all the hard work and we love you !
Rob van Hees
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:48 am Re: RapidComposer v3.3 released!

Thank you, Rob! :oops:
tatanka
KVRian

709 posts since 12 Jan, 2014

Postby tatanka; Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:58 am Re: RapidComposer v3.3 released!

Hi Attila,

maybe there is something wrong with the server/version, I could download "first" version of 3.3 today at work from the buyin link, now I home I want to use the "new" 3.3 (with the small bugs fixed today) downloading it directly from the program but when I let check my installed beta for update I get this:

update_RC3_3.jpg

3.3b14 from 21.08.2017 is installed but it could not find an update but in the history it SAYS 3.3 from September 4 is installed ????

I have not installed anything today, I am just coming home from work, so kind of strange....

Or is official 3.3 identical to beta 3.3b14 ? But even then it should find the fixed version of today....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:09 am Re: RapidComposer v3.3 released!

Yes, sorry for the confusion, the beta should not report that it is up-to-date.
You can delete v3.3b14 and install v3.3, which is the latest version.
The version history was filled during the beta versions, and I knew the September 4 release date weeks ago, so that is the reason you see it there.

Thanks,
Attila
I. Lehti
KVRist

70 posts since 9 Sep, 2004, from Toronto

Postby I. Lehti; Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:44 pm Re: RapidComposer v3.3 released!

Something kind of weird happening. I downloaded the update from the V3 program, and then installed it. It opened, then it closed by itself. But then it totally disappeared, I can't find it, not in the x64 Programs, no shortcut, it's gone. So I downloaded from my email that you sent, installed it, opened it, then it closes again, and it's totally gone.
Ilk
I. Lehti
KVRist

Postby I. Lehti; Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:46 pm Re: RapidComposer v3.3 released!

I should add that it's not even in my Downloads folder.
Ilk
I. Lehti
KVRist

Postby I. Lehti; Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:59 pm Re: RapidComposer v3.3 released!

I ran as Administrator and it seems to be OK now.
Ilk
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:21 am Re: RapidComposer v3.3 released!

Very strange. I don't have any ideas why that happened.
I suppose this happened on Windows 10.
Attila
Next

Moderator: musicdevelopments

Return to MusicDevelopments