Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New

The Scale Browser

BluGenes
KVRist

92 posts since 15 May, 2017

Postby BluGenes; Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:31 am The Scale Browser

Ok, I really should know this, but, I don't think I do.

What is the drop target for the scale browser? How do I use a scale from the browser as rules for the rest of the project?

Or simply put, how do I use the scale browser?
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

2227 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Postby musicdevelopments; Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:49 am Re: The Scale Browser

Really, you cannot drag and drop scales and chords like you do with phrases or rhythm patterns.
The scale browser is only for creating new scales. I owe you a scale finder tool which should be integrated into the scale browser...

Would you like to have scale drag&drop? Would it be useful?

Thanks,
Attila
http://www.musicdevelopments.com
Music Prototyping And Automated Composition Solutions
lulukom
KVRian

576 posts since 30 Nov, 2013

Postby lulukom; Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:53 am Re: The Scale Browser

Would you like to have scale drag&drop? Would it be useful?

I'm very much for this)
BluGenes
KVRist

92 posts since 15 May, 2017

Postby BluGenes; Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:07 am Re: The Scale Browser

I suppose.. lol.. I need example on how it could be used to be honest. The reason I asked about this, is, because I accidentally came across this while playing with the Idea Tool.

I am in the middle of doing a performance video, and was giving my fingers a rest and was playing around in RC. (I play blues guitar)

I came across the blues scale in RC, and I thought it would be cool if I could generate random blues licks, maybe for the keyboard. I do have EZ keys, and all, but, was thinking about what can RC produce for me..

So, if I can have RC limit to that scale, this could be a blast for me.. ;) maybe what I need is guidance on how to set up the scale, rules, (any of scales really), to do this. I will be back into RC for more orchestration style pieces soon too.

I guess I have to look through some old videos by Nevzat. ;) (off topic, if you haven't heard some his most recent work, you should have a listen on his YouTube channel.)

Moderator: musicdevelopments

Return to MusicDevelopments