Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New

Browser Organization

BluGenes
KVRist

92 posts since 15 May, 2017

Postby BluGenes; Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:49 am Browser Organization

Is there a way to create a sub category with already existing phrases in the browser? For example, I have a whole bunch of 16th note rhythms that I would like to move to a sub category called 16th note. (actually it the "5 in 16" stuff). I'd like to to better organize the browsers.
forrestlong
KVRist

69 posts since 5 May, 2014

Postby forrestlong; Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:56 am Re: Browser Organization

If I understand your question correctly, you should be able to go to the RapidComposerV3 folder, then the CustomRhythms folder and create subfolders. Then drag those phrases over. Just remember to refresh the Rhythm browser after you are finished.
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

2227 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Postby musicdevelopments; Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:49 am Re: Browser Organization

Forrest is right, you should organize the phrases and rhythms in the Windows Explorer/macOS Finder. You can make folders, copy, move or delete files. Next time the program starts, or when you reload the phrases, the new folders should be there.
This sort of organization is not (yet) possible from RapidComposer.

If you'd like to organize the "5 in 16" patterns, that is not so easy because the 'factory' patterns are all in one file in the DB folder rather than in Custom Rhythms. I will gladly make separate files for you that you can copy to Custom Rhythms to freely organize them. Please let me know. (At the moment the only way is saving them individually but that is not optimal).

Thanks,
Attila
http://www.musicdevelopments.com
Music Prototyping And Automated Composition Solutions
forrestlong
KVRist

69 posts since 5 May, 2014

Postby forrestlong; Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:54 am Re: Browser Organization

Ah, did not know that about the factory patterns, Attila. Was only looking at the ones that I added. Makes sense. Thanks!
BluGenes
KVRist

92 posts since 15 May, 2017

Postby BluGenes; Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:08 pm Re: Browser Organization

That would be ok, Attila, but, eh.. No need for any special work. I can deal with it. They are actually labeled well enough. But, good to know.. Thanks guys for the help!

Moderator: musicdevelopments

Return to MusicDevelopments