Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
jeanpaulruche
KVRer

2 posts since 26 Nov, 2017

Postby jeanpaulruche; Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:14 am Chord Progressions categorized (acording to Music Theories/Ambiance/etc)

This is a library of Chord Progressions rewritten for RapidComposer from FREE iOS/Android apps...
(PAID one have NOT been included for evident reasons)

Will put more and rearrange this list based on this new version of progression editor! Feel free to correct anything (my theory is very limited) and ADD more if possible! (EpicStyles, byCategories e.g Blues/Phrygian/Aeolian/etc)...

Simply in-compress in DB folder in RapidComposerV3 folder...

Historic:
A library of Chord Progressions is really a good starting point for writing a song!
A lot of iOS and Android (fewer) apps allows selecting a 'chunk' of chords that 'goes' well together. Some uses 12,600 hit songs as a database (ProChords2.0 iOS). Yet THIS one has an INTERACTIVE CHART to add Functions like add tension, JazzUp Chords (a bit like Band in a Box here!), etc.
Mapping Tonal Harmony Pro
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Signature blocked until 5 posts made
lulukom
KVRian

595 posts since 30 Nov, 2013

Postby lulukom; Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:42 am Re: Chord Progressions categorized (acording to Music Theories/Ambiance/etc)

:tu: :clap:
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

2307 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Postby musicdevelopments; Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:44 am Re: Chord Progressions categorized (acording to Music Theories/Ambiance/etc)

Amazing job, Jean-Paul!
This will be useful for a lot of people.
Thank you! :clap:

Attila
http://www.musicdevelopments.com
Music Prototyping And Automated Composition Solutions
secondstep
KVRist

34 posts since 9 Dec, 2015

Postby secondstep; Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:14 am Re: Chord Progressions categorized (acording to Music Theories/Ambiance/etc)

Thank you will give these a try :tu:
tatanka
KVRian

737 posts since 12 Jan, 2014

Postby tatanka; Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:34 am Re: Chord Progressions categorized (acording to Music Theories/Ambiance/etc)

Where can I find them after copying to the DB directory, I thought would be in the progression browser but they are not there (running 3.31) :?:
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:38 am Re: Chord Progressions categorized (acording to Music Theories/Ambiance/etc)

Yes, it should be in the progression browser. If the program is already running, you need to restart it. More than 500 interesting progressions categorized, I am still impressed :)
elyos
KVRer

8 posts since 7 Jun, 2004

Postby elyos; Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:13 pm Re: Chord Progressions categorized (acording to Music Theories/Ambiance/etc)

Super job ! merci beaucoup :D
yellukhan
KVRian

1145 posts since 10 Mar, 2004

Postby yellukhan; Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:37 am Re: Chord Progressions categorized (acording to Music Theories/Ambiance/etc)

seems interesting :D
copied "rar" in to C:\Users\me\Documents\RapidComposerV3\DB
but still seeing same Browser structure..
what i am doing wrong?

tatanka
KVRian

Postby tatanka; Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:41 am Re: Chord Progressions categorized (acording to Music Theories/Ambiance/etc)

Yelluhakan, glad that you confirmed.

Same here, thats why I asked. Same after newstart.
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:04 am Re: Chord Progressions categorized (acording to Music Theories/Ambiance/etc)

I found no explanation yet. I am still checking this. It worked for me in old versions and new ones. :bang:
I suppose you have "MinorKey I", "Diatonic I" and other folders in DB after decompression, with .rcCHPR files that you can open in a text editor... :?
yellukhan
KVRian

1145 posts since 10 Mar, 2004

Postby yellukhan; Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:26 am Re: Chord Progressions categorized (acording to Music Theories/Ambiance/etc)

:D decompress !!?
that was my first movement after downloading (tried couple of times via re download)
but:
tatanka
KVRian

Postby tatanka; Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:26 am Re: Chord Progressions categorized (acording to Music Theories/Ambiance/etc)

I copied all the directories from the first level (db/...) into the db directory:

Assuming that
Simply in-compress in DB folder in RapidComposerV3 folder
just ment: "unpack"/"unzip"/"unrar"

db.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:36 am Re: Chord Progressions categorized (acording to Music Theories/Ambiance/etc)

yellukhan wrote::D decompress !!?
that was my first movement after downloading (tried couple of times via re download)
but:

I confirm only 7zip v16.04 worked for me, WinRAR failed to uncompress the file.
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:41 am Re: Chord Progressions categorized (acording to Music Theories/Ambiance/etc)

Hello Richard,
all the files on the your screenshot are in Downloads. You need to move the Downloads\DB contents (2ndDominant, AddConcepts, Cadence, etc) to your Documents\RapidComposerV3\DB folder.
tatanka
KVRian

Postby tatanka; Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:43 am Re: Chord Progressions categorized (acording to Music Theories/Ambiance/etc)

my screenshots where made after unpacking with winrar (win 7 64 bit), unpacking with 7zip brings same result for me.
Next

Moderator: musicdevelopments

Return to MusicDevelopments