Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
tatanka
KVRian

737 posts since 12 Jan, 2014

Postby tatanka; Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:47 am Re: Chord Progressions categorized (acording to Music Theories/Ambiance/etc)

Hey Attila,

I have done that and checked that it is the DB dir where the other files already are (dont remember exact path), but now I am at work so I just wanted to show the result of the unpack process cause I was not sure if they were right.

Only thing I can imagine that there might be more then one "DB" dir from RC on my pc, maybe from different installations ?
yellukhan
KVRian

1145 posts since 10 Mar, 2004

Postby yellukhan; Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:48 am Re: Chord Progressions categorized (acording to Music Theories/Ambiance/etc)

yay! :D
what i did...
-updated the 7-zip (to v16.04)
-created a folder "jeanpaulruche" extracted all content of the DB rar in to this folder
and moved this folder to my "C:\Users\me\Documents\RapidComposerV3\DB"
Thank you Attila!

yellukhan
KVRian

Postby yellukhan; Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:52 am Re: Chord Progressions categorized (acording to Music Theories/Ambiance/etc)

tatanka wrote:Hey Attila,

I have done that and checked that it is the DB dir where the other files already are (dont remember exact path), but now I am at work so I just wanted to show the result of the unpack process cause I was not sure if they were right.

Only thing I can imagine that there might be more then one "DB" dir from RC on my pc, maybe from different installations ?

Hi tatanka,
RC switched to "Documents" folder for long time..
but ... just in case:
did you tried via putting them to the old location?
"C:\Users\you\AppData\Roaming\RapidComposerV3\DB" ?
tatanka
KVRian

Postby tatanka; Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:54 am Re: Chord Progressions categorized (acording to Music Theories/Ambiance/etc)

Hi Attila,

will check that when I am back at home from work, now that it worked for yellukhan even with a new generated dir it is the only idea I have that I copied to an old dir maybe. Will give feedback after I checked.
yellukhan
KVRian

Postby yellukhan; Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:39 am Re: Chord Progressions categorized (acording to Music Theories/Ambiance/etc)

Hi jeanpaulruche,
testing progressions right now!
let me say Wow!! :tu:
Thank you so much for this generous sharing ! :love:

EDIT:
and i have a tough (at least to me) question for everyone :)
what would you suggest for defining the Scales for this type of progressions?
so we can also use Melody Generator (& other generators that produces scale notes) with them.

EDIT2:
as an answer to my question..
only way i found is open Scale inspector and change the scale root till you find "less" red chords :ud:
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

2313 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Postby musicdevelopments; Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:09 am Re: Chord Progressions categorized (acording to Music Theories/Ambiance/etc)

tatanka wrote:Hi Attila,

will check that when I am back at home from work, now that it worked for yellukhan even with a new generated dir it is the only idea I have that I copied to an old dir maybe. Will give feedback after I checked.

Yes, please make sure you move the files to your C:\Users\Richard\Documents\RapidComposerV3\DB folder.
The AppData folder is not used anymore.
You can put all files into a JeanPaulRuche folder as yellukhan did.
http://www.musicdevelopments.com
Music Prototyping And Automated Composition Solutions
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:15 am Re: Chord Progressions categorized (acording to Music Theories/Ambiance/etc)

Now I see a scale finder is missing! I'll implement a "Suggest Scale" menu in the inspector. It already works when importing MIDI, I think most of the scale suggestions are good (based on used notes in the tracks).
BluGenes
KVRist

125 posts since 15 May, 2017

Postby BluGenes; Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:09 am Re: Chord Progressions categorized (acording to Music Theories/Ambiance/etc)

Really need to ditch .rar.. no need for it.. it's obsolete linux era anayways
If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you..
tatanka
KVRian

Postby tatanka; Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:59 am Re: Chord Progressions categorized (acording to Music Theories/Ambiance/etc)

did you tried via putting them to the old location?
"C:\Users\you\AppData\Roaming\RapidComposerV3\DB" ?

No I tried:
C:\Program Files\RapidComposer V3 (x64)\Data\DB
which was wrong too, sighh, just to many RC folders used over the time....

but now with the right one it worked :D
BluGenes
KVRist

125 posts since 15 May, 2017

Postby BluGenes; Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:30 am Re: Chord Progressions categorized (acording to Music Theories/Ambiance/etc)

I may have a missing post.. (I posted on this already) it is just my opinion.. but, .rar is very old linux based. Really, no need for it. It is why all the problems .. Windows already supports .zip... .rar is antiquated ..I support not using .rar. please stop.
If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you..
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:31 am Re: Chord Progressions categorized (acording to Music Theories/Ambiance/etc)

tatanka wrote:No I tried:
C:\Program Files\RapidComposer V3 (x64)\Data\DB
which was wrong too, sighh, just to many RC folders used over the time...

Sorry for the confusion, really :oops: For a long-time user it may not be easy to follow the changes.
This folder was used by the installer, but not anymore. Now the installer directly copies files to your user Documents folder. You can delete the Data folder from RapidComposer V3 (x64)...
Thanks,
Attila
tonedef71
KVRian

665 posts since 20 Sep, 2007, from USA

Postby tonedef71; Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:08 am Re: Chord Progressions categorized (acording to Music Theories/Ambiance/etc)

BluGenes wrote:I may have a missing post.. (I posted on this already) it is just my opinion.. but, .rar is very old linux based. Really, no need for it. It is why all the problems .. Windows already supports .zip... .rar is antiquated ..I support not using .rar. please stop.

I don't believe RAR is a linux-based format: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAR_(file_format)

Perhaps, you are thinking of the TAR format? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tar_(computing)

I actually prefer WinRAR over over WinZIP.
[Intel Core i7 820QM | 32GB DDR3 | Waveform 8; Studio One 3 Pro; FLS 12.5; RapidComposer; Sundog Song Studio; Pizzicato | FL Studio ASIO (WASAPI) | Win10 x64]
tonedef71
KVRian

Postby tonedef71; Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:14 am Re: Chord Progressions categorized (acording to Music Theories/Ambiance/etc)

musicdevelopments wrote:Now I see a scale finder is missing! I'll implement a "Suggest Scale" menu in the inspector. It already works when importing MIDI, I think most of the scale suggestions are good (based on used notes in the tracks).

Sounds good!

Plugin Boutique has a new Chord Progression utility plug-in called Scaler that has a scale detection feature: Image
[Intel Core i7 820QM | 32GB DDR3 | Waveform 8; Studio One 3 Pro; FLS 12.5; RapidComposer; Sundog Song Studio; Pizzicato | FL Studio ASIO (WASAPI) | Win10 x64]
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:28 am Re: Chord Progressions categorized (acording to Music Theories/Ambiance/etc)

I see, Tony. Oh, I can't see RC in your signature... :hihi:
tonedef71
KVRian

Postby tonedef71; Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:51 am Re: Chord Progressions categorized (acording to Music Theories/Ambiance/etc)

musicdevelopments wrote:I see, Tony. Oh, I can't see RC in your signature... :hihi:

Indeed. I should add RC to my signature :) (and possibly remove Sonar Platinum :().

I think of RapidComposer as a rapid prototyping tool for music composition. Since RC also supports the recording, editing, and playback of multi-track MIDI, could it also be classified as a MIDI sequencer?
PreviousNext

Moderator: musicdevelopments

Return to MusicDevelopments