Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

2657 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Postby musicdevelopments; Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:28 am Re: Chord Inversions or Slash Chords

tonedef71 wrote:Hmm... how would it look when there are many chords per bar? Would several voicing editors being displayed still look legible without zooming?

Right. Maybe RC could check the shortest chord used (1/4 or maybe 1/8) and would zoom horizontally to have a minimum width even for the shortest chords.
You cannot have an overview and detailed view at the same time...

Your suggestions are very logical. I added them to my notes.
Thanks!
Attila
http://www.musicdevelopments.com
Music Prototyping And Automated Composition Solutions
padillac
KVRian

556 posts since 27 Nov, 2011

Postby padillac; Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:15 pm Re: Chord Inversions or Slash Chords

musicdevelopments wrote:Hi Tiger,

the current way of specifying a separate bass note will soon be removed from the program. It was confusing and was not meant for inversions.
The good news is that version 3.4 (to be released TODAY :party: ) includes an inversion/voicing editor with many presets, so that will be the place to specify voicings.

Also, is there any way to specify the slash chord as meaning a separate lower bass note to be played, not just an inversion?

Yes, this is how it works today, the bass note is independent of the chord, it is a separate, added note. Now I don't see that a good idea.

Thanks,
Attila

Please don’t remove this. Slash chords are commonly used in notation and specifically indicate the bass note that should be played, leaving the treble voicing flexible for interpretation.

In other words, C/G does not mean a C chord in second inversion, it means a bass note of G with a C chord played above it in any inversion.

I haven’t played with the voicing editor yet so I don’t know how it would handle this, but slash chords are a useful and important notation tool.
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:56 am Re: Chord Inversions or Slash Chords

Thank you for your input. Now I understand slash chords better, so it won't be removed.
Thanks,
Attila
odelay6815
KVRer

2 posts since 4 Feb, 2017

Postby odelay6815; Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:14 am Re: Chord Inversions or Slash Chords

Totally in favour of slash chord displaying & voicing! Please do your best to make it work in your next update! Thanks! And Merry Christmas everybody!
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:24 am Re: Chord Inversions or Slash Chords

I'll do my best to improve this area in January. I am happy that so many of you joined the discussion!
Thanks,
Attila
yellukhan
KVRian

1211 posts since 10 Mar, 2004

Postby yellukhan; Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:35 pm Re: Chord Inversions or Slash Chords

huh!
are we talking about this one (slash chords?)

to me it was rapidly ways to alter the bass notes
and i just realized it wasn't there anymore :dog:

if so .. +1
after holiday times over :wink:
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:17 am Re: Chord Inversions or Slash Chords

Yes, sorry, the slash buttons will be added again.
nexussynth
KVRian

529 posts since 31 Dec, 2003

Postby nexussynth; Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:15 pm Re: Chord Inversions or Slash Chords

+1
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."
spassbeisaite
KVRer

1 post since 12 Feb, 2018

Postby spassbeisaite; Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:17 am Re: Chord Inversions or Slash Chords

Tiger:
Please don’t remove this. Slash chords are commonly used in notation and specifically indicate the bass note that should be played, leaving the treble voicing flexible for interpretation.

In other words, C/G does not mean a C chord in second inversion, it means a bass note of G with a C chord played above it in any inversion.

I haven’t played with the voicing editor yet so I don’t know how it would handle this, but slash chords are a useful and important notation tool.

I agree! I'm new here and i spent the last days exploring RC. And I was missing the slash chords! I'm glad to read, that they will be built in (again) as soon as possible. :tu:
BluGenes
KVRist

259 posts since 15 May, 2017

Postby BluGenes; Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:52 am Re: Chord Inversions or Slash Chords

spassbeisaite wrote:Tiger:

I agree! I'm new here and i spent the last days exploring RC. And I was missing the slash chords! I'm glad to read, that they will be built in (again) as soon as possible. :tu:

me too.. love to see that return.. as a workaround, you can also edit with the voicing editor, for now..
musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Postby musicdevelopments; Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:21 am Re: Chord Inversions or Slash Chords

Yes, the slash chords will return shortly in the Chord Selector. You can still assign a bass note to a master track chord if you right-click on a chord. Thanks for the feedback!
Thanks,
Attila
Previous

Moderator: musicdevelopments

Return to MusicDevelopments