Dragging a Phrase or Chord Generator to Resize it V3.4

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't understand the controls for resizing a phrase! They seem like they are not working correctly.

With the generic generator or chord generator:

I put down a generic generator and then right click on the phrase; the resize mode is set to "Disable." I thought this meant you could not resize it!

But then I grab the right end of the phrase and drag it so that it expands to 8 bars. The resize mode changes to Scale. So those are not buttons, but are changed automatically depending on what you do?Where is their behavior specified?

Now I watch yellukhan's video "RC 2017 Voicing Preset" video. When he drags his Chord Generator, the chords Repeat, instead of Scale. Repeat is what I want and expect. But click on the button Repeat does nothing; when I drag the phrase to the right, the phrase Scales and the button changes to Scale.

Are those Resize Mode not controls? Where do I specify what the phrase should be when it resizes? Is there a better way to just get four more bars, with the same chord generator? How do I get the Resize Mode to be Repeat?

Tiger

You can set the resize mode in the menu above the workspace:

Each phrase has its own 'resizing mode' but when you drag the right edge of a phrase, that setting from the menu will be used, not the one in the phrase.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Attila, thanks. And I can work with it this way. And I am grateful for the answer.

But I assumed the individual phrase controls would override the menu controls. Isn't that generally how the controls work, that the lower level controls override the higher level?

Perhaps this is just an exception. :wink: :(

Tiger

Your point is valid, this is a kind of exception.
One reason for this implementation is that when you start resizing a phrase, you will know what will happen (by looking at the resize menu on the top). Otherwise you would need to remember which sort of resizing is applied to each phrase. The resizing mode menu is there since v1.0 and I still cannot find a better solution. :neutral:

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Return to “MusicDevelopments”