How to restore to factory settings

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dear Attila,

New to RC and just been "exploring" as you suggest. Unfortunately, I seem to have re-arranged the furniture to an alarming degree. Is there anyway to go back to the way it was when I first began?

(at some point I must have saved a user phrase where the bass generator should be!!!)

Thanks.

Hello GoRhino,

if you want to restore the settings only, just delete the Documents/RapidComposerV3/Settings/settings file.
If the chords, scales, phrases, etc also need to be reset, please delete the entire Documents/RapidComposerV3 folder and reinstall RapidComposer. You can save the aforementioned settings file to a safe location if you want to keep your existing settings, and copy it back after the installation finished. RapidComposer does not store anything in the windows registry or in hidden locations.

On the other hand I realized that RC is too permissive when it allows the user e.g. to overwrite basic chords or scales, e.g. adding a new note to the major chord but still call it major, or make the major chord suspended and rename to minor, etc. So one can easily mess up the libraries. I'll figure out something about it.

Thanks!
Attila

Hi Attila,

I re-installed.

Now I have restored the bass generator, you might like to receive some feedback from a bass player (or not). Please understand that I may well be missing many aspects of the program due to my ignorance.

1. Is there any way to create "bass rules" - similar to "chord rules". I am thinking about such things as:
* always play root on the one (ie first downbeat in bar)
* alternate octave (or fifth) above with octave (or fifth) below
* walk up (or down) to changes
* omit (or mute) on backbeat (ie downbeats 2 & 4)
..... there are many other things that bass players instinctively do to make help make a "groove".
2. How is the "rest" function supposed to work? - I could not get it to do anything at all!!
3. Is it possible to tie a note over end of bar? How?
4. How can "pedal tones" be created (ie repeated melodic figure independent of chord structure)?

Anyway, still "experimenting" - might work those things out myself.

Hi GoRhino,

yes, I am very interested in improving the Bass Generator. Honestly it is very old, and with my limited knowledge I could not make it very useful.
I will make a new one which will work differently. First you will need to specify which notes you want to use from a large selection, e.g.:
- Bass/slash note [ -1] [ 0 ] [ +1] octaves
- Chord root [ -1] [ 0 ] [ +1] octaves
- Chord 3rd [ -1] [ 0 ] [ +1] octaves
- Chord 5th [ -1] [ 0 ] [ +1] octaves
- Chord 7th [ -1] [ 0 ] [ +1] octaves
- Allow using scale notes [II][III][IV][V][VI][VII]

I understand these suggestions:
* always play root on the one (ie first downbeat in bar)
* omit (or mute) on backbeat (ie downbeats 2 & 4)
* forcing a note at the end of the bar
but I need further hints about these ones:
* alternate octave (or fifth) above with octave (or fifth) below
* walk up (or down) to changes

Thanks,
Attila

Return to “MusicDevelopments”