participants wanted for drum sampler/file browser/scratcher+ project(OSX/WIN AU/VST/64/32/AAX/VST3)

Official support for: audio.d3ck.net
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there!

For years I've been using my own drum sampler when it comes to working with drum samplers, and now I want to go public with this project.

The sampler has a very handy integrated sample browser and a semi modular architecture that makes creating your own drum sounds from (random) samples very quick and easy.
It has some novel features like a template system and contextual drag and drop for a fast and inspiring workflow.

As I said the sampler is usable already, I have used it for years. Thought I want to give it some finishing touches before making an initial release.

some features from the top of my head:

-tag based sample browser with multiple filtering options.
-full drag and drop support
-template function for loading samples on pads
-easy sample layering via drag and drop
-flexible modulation architecture
-integrated DSP (eq/filter, compressor, distortion)
-hierarchical mixing engine

I'd like to have some input and beta testers for this project.
I plan to release it commercially for about 50€ for non commercial use and another price for commercial users.

Cheers!

JM

P.S.: The said "file-browser" is to be released separately as well, so if you need a file browser/manager fitting your need this project may be of interest to you as well ;)

edit:

here are some screenshots:

great stuff!
what i always look for is automatable parameters for sample start, playing direction, loop start, loop end, loop direction, sample pitch.
just some suggestion from a glitch freak :-)

lalo wrote:great stuff!
what i always look for is automatable parameters for sample start, playing direction, loop start, loop end, loop direction, sample pitch.
just some suggestion from a glitch freak :-)
and these parameters can be even internal modulation destinations ( MIDI velocity, LFO ( with a great range goin' into audio rate, Envelopes etc. )

Looks great!

dasdeck wrote: I'd like to have some input and beta testers for this project.
I can test on Win XP and Win 8.1 :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

...and i can test on Ableton Live 32 and 64 bits, Reaper 64 bits, MaxMSP 6.1.8 32 and 64 bits, both on Windows 7 64 bit and on OSX Mavericks.

Looks interesting!

My apologies for the delay. The beta testing is about to start this weekend. There are still spots available, so PM me your email and some info about you to participate!

Cheers!

JM

If I load a sample into a pad (used pad 1 here) and choose KRUCZ in PAD FX, a lot of times it will crash FL. If it doesn't crash right then, it will crash when trying to load or create a new FL project. It will either freeze completely or get the message "FL Studio has stopped working". This happens with both the 32 & 64 bit versions in FL 32 and 64 bit.

Very cool piece of software!

I just installed Peng this eve along with o-clip. o-clip also crashes FL sometimes when inserting a new instance. I only tried the 32 version so far, so will try to find out more.

Best,
Ed

Thanks, debugging the FL studio problems is first on the list today! Interesting (and encouraging from a debuggers perspective) that it happens inside of Peng as well.

Cheers!

JM

If I insert a voiceFX SVF filter and click to change the type, a box showing the current type pops up and a list to choose from pops up in front of that. If I click the bottom part of the small box, it moves down the screen each time I click it. It's just a visual thing, but it doesn't seem to do it elsewhere.

I had been just closing FL Studio when I was done testing, but found that crashes can sometimes occur just by deleting the instance of Peng and trying to close FL. I don't know if this is helpful or not.

It is!

Thanks!

There is an update in the making regarding the crashes.

Cheers!

JM

Hello!

Cool Sampler, but it crashes Reaper and EnergyXT when deleting the Instance of Peng or closing the DAW.
I'm using 32bit version on XP.

Greetz

Can you please give me the build number with the report?
You can find it on the about screen.
flyshe wrote:Hello!

Cool Sampler, but it crashes Reaper and EnergyXT when deleting the Instance of Peng or closing the DAW.
I'm using 32bit version on XP.

Greetz

I'm using build 02c3364.
It just crashes Reaper if a sample is loaded. If no sample is loaded i can delete the Instance without a problem..
Which report do you want?

Greetz

Return to “audioD3CK”