Shreddage 2X FREE UPDATE - Now available! (May 22, 2014)

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zircon wrote:How are you switching articulations via MIDI CC? Like enabling / disabling them, changing the velocity / keyswitch?
Yeap, i just map CCs to articulation button switches and then automate from my host. I will try keyswitch now (velocity switch is not an option for me), but for sure it's something wrong with new version, it crashes really hard now in this case:) i would like to keep possibility to work with CCs please.

Most likely the issue is the 'Auto RAM Unload' feature, try turning that off.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

zircon wrote:Most likely the issue is the 'Auto RAM Unload' feature, try turning that off.
It works, thanks. :tu:

I've come across two small glitches:

1. Double tracked alternate picking sometimes plays the opposite pick for each guitar note. For example, if guitar 1 is plays up-down-up-down, guitar 2 will play down-up-down-up. This is remedied by resetting the round robin with either the button on the GUI or by pressing G-2 on your controller.

2. When I initially load S2X and portamento is enabled, the slide sample won't sound when the portamento is triggered. This is remedied by disabling and re-enabling portamento.

I would like to note that Auto-unload RAM seems to be pretty buggy in general. If you have an issue, try disabling that first.
2. When I initially load S2X and portamento is enabled, the slide sample won't sound when the portamento is triggered. This is remedied by disabling and re-enabling portamento.
This is a prime example of why :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5mA7bro ... e=youtu.be Thats my project .... but i don't like the new features with frets and strings perfenses... I don't want to choose the string on a played the notes, i want to choose the fret ... 0 frets 1 frets - open strings maybe.... and 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24 for other voice of the tones on the neck........... In this solo track of king arthur i use Izotope Nectar editor on the clean signal... The vibrato is heavy real but i make is too bigger and lower and i use formant pitcher like a sustained squiel

I was looking for this in the manual but didn't exactly find it:

If I only use the Kontakt Player, can I output using the double-tracking feature the same way? In the manual it mentions the settings for Kontakt, and not Kontakt Player. It seems the output section isn't the most versatile in Kontakt Player. :?

Yes, Kontakt Player is also capable of multiple outputs - same procedure.

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

zircon wrote:Yes, Kontakt Player is also capable of multiple outputs - same procedure.
Ok thanks :)

Would anybody please explain to me why the "Shred the Night" demo song contains two drum tracks? My RAM is too small in order to load Shreddage2X and two SSD4 kits. Thanks.

The reason is because I'm lazy. I wanted to compress the kick, snare, and tom but not the cymbals, so I just put two kits on two channels. It would have been easier to use Kontakt's multi-out feature but I just decided to clone the entire thing instead.

I ve found another strange issue for me... Notes A3 and below phasing in quad track mode, i tried everything (switching off Anti-Repetition and other controls). Any ideas? :?

Can you render a MIDI? I'll run it through on my end. Also take a screenshot of your articulations page.

Question and 2 suggestions regarding the FX v2 patch.

Q. Will it ever be updated so they can be run through the built-in effects thrown in the 2X update? And if this already possible, how does one go about doing this?
S1. Not high on my priority list, just nice to have. If this ever gets updated, I suggest having the Kontakt keys colored in to indicate which key triggers which type of FX.
S2. Maybe rework the scripting so it can be "double" or "quadtracked" the same way 2x does it.

And of course, the more FX the merrier! haha
Cockos Reaper | VSTi Metal | Vocal Synths | Shreddage 2 Fanboy | VSTi Guitar Enthusiast

Currently writing a Vocaloid EP.
youtube.com/user/darkflamesquirrel

All that is doable, shamefully the reason I haven't done it yet is because I haven't had the time... the quick cheat to double-tracking it would be to use two separate MIDI tracks and offset the second one by like ~15ms, plus a tuning offset on each (like -50 cents on one, +50 on the other). That is what my script would do. I'll do my best to get around to this after Shreddage Classic is released.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”