What We're Working On (Jan 2017 Edition)

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bump with a nice update for our 2013 plans (...so far!)
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Some cool stuff coming!
Are you still doing the bulgarian choir thing? I remember reading about that on some other thread. I think Yoko Kanno used bulgarian choir in Ghost in the Shell tv series and it sounded awesome.

I'm so buying the Jazz guitar.

Amy info on the ambient/ textural library ? What is it? When is it ??

Ah, I need to update this! :D

Progress is coming along really well. I want to make a blog post for it soon. We've created quite a few sounds already using various forms of the synthesis... so of course there are some very warm and beautiful 'basic' sounds but also physical models, textures with movement & motion, etc. Virtually everything we've done so far is non-chordal and just single notes, so it's pretty flexible. Also we've recorded some live acoustic sounds (will be doing more) including vocal pads and viola.

Scriptwise it's going to be really exciting. A bit inspired by Atmosphere/Omnisphere, it will have a dual layer architecture so you can mix and match sound sources and then process ADSR, filter, sample start, etc. separately, along with an arpeggiator / gate for extra motion. Like Juggernaut, we will have PRESETS for COMPONENTS of the patch - like arp-only presets, fx-only presets, making it ridiculously easy to generate new sounds or variations.

At the end of the day the goal here is a really comprehensive library of light and ambient sounds that goes beyond just basic ambient pads and includes a spectrum of vocal, acoustic, and synthesized material for all of your celestial and heavenly needs :)

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

I'm extremely interested in a sampled jazz guitar in the vein of Shreddage 2.

Not to derail the thread, but some people mentioned acoustic guitar VSTs, I didn't see anyone mention Ample Sound:

https://soundcloud.com/ample-sound/agm-rylynn

This is an example of their Martin D-41 based VST. It's really the best acoustic guitar VST I've personally heard. Best part: only $169, and has its own sampler, so no need for Kontakt or the Player variety.

Check them out: http://www.amplesound.net/en/index.asp

Yes, major props to AmpleSound for all their amazing guitar work! Our jazz guitar lib is still in the production stage but here are some details:

* Recorded dry with both NECK and BRIDGE pickups - you can custom blend between the two

* Bridge pickup recorded through the warmest of warm analog DIs, "The Brick"

* 3x velocity layers

* New articulations like thumbed octaves

* More flexibility for the scripted interface, based on our experience with Shreddage2, for example remapping articulations to keyswitches

Thanks for the info Zircon. The addition of the extra play styles like the thumbed octaves sounds killer. I know it can be cumbersome for some people I'd imagine, but I'm definitely the type who likes "the kitchen sink" approach to sampled instruments: the more play styles and articulations you include, the better. I guess I just don't mind VSTs that have 47 different key-switches.

Any plans to update or simply delete this thread? It's outdated by 1.5 years

Delete? No. Update? YES! Updated for 2015!

zircon wrote:Delete? No. Update? YES! Updated for 2015!
Awesome, thanks!

I'm looking forward to Shreddage Bass 2.

Any update on the S2X guitar expansion(s)?

It's definitely on my list but since that is still in pre-production, I didn't want to announce it quite yet; everything else mentioned is in production in some form. I'd like to see at least one new expansion like a Strat.

zircon wrote:I'd like to see at least one new expansion like a Strat.
Take all my money please!

Hi,

Are there any chanches for anything more being adapted to reason?

Return to “Impact Soundworks”