What We're Working On (Jan 2017 Edition)

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What are we up to these days? Read on to find out!

Updated January 1st, 2017

* Super Audio PC (tentative name): Built on the Super Audio Cart engine (and using the same KP license), this features samples from classic computer sound chips like the Amiga, MSX, and AdLib/OPL (SoundBlaster card) and more!

* Stratocaster sample library with TRUE three-way pickup blending!

* Ventus Series: Bansuri, a beautiful Indian wind instrument

* KORON: Instruments of Iran, an incredible compilation of world instrument recordings all using our TACT engine, melodic and percussive sounds alike!

* Unnamed cinematic rhythms library. This is going to be a BIG new flagship featuring thousands (!!!) of unique organic, hybrid, and synthetic loops, both percussive and tonal, with a brand-new Kontakt engine, WAV, and REX2 support. (This was planned for 2016, but it slipped...)

* Hybrid Synth Engine feat. Juggernaut 2 and Celestia 2 - Based on the incredible Super Audio Cart engine with some huge improvements (such as a modular FX rack), this new platform will be the basis for many upcoming libraries... Starting with Juggernaut 2!

* AND MUCH MORE!
Last edited by zircon on Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Hi !

If I may add a suggestion, a complete playable acoustic guitar (nylon and steel).

With a nice strumming engine but that could also be used for solo, arpeggios and so on.

By the way, that's a nice list ;).

That's great news, especially Shreddage 2!

Since companies move away from Kontakt, have you considered making your own instruments/samplers (like SSD4)?

K-Slash: Acoustic Revolutions 2 is on the horizon, and I would like to do a full acoustic instrument. But, other companies seem to have done this pretty well, so we'd need to look and see how we could make something very unique.

PerunZG: We've thought about it... but financially, at the moment, it is an investment we can't really make. So Kontakt is what we'll be using as our primary platform for the forseeable future.

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Hey, zircon...whats happening to the port-over to Directwave of your libraries?.

Been a while since you mentioned that you were gonna "make a announcement very shortly" about these?

Thanks, bud.

scar.

zircon wrote:K-Slash: Acoustic Revolutions 2 is on the horizon, and I would like to do a full acoustic instrument. But, other companies seem to have done this pretty well, so we'd need to look and see how we could make something very unique.
Thanks for the reply.

Well, except for Pettinhouse AcousticGuitar (IMHO), I have yet to hear a GREAT sounding acoustic guitar library with a convincing stumming engine.

I mean the samples of this library sound awesome, but it lacks a strummer than doesn't sound fake for solo part. In a mix it's not that big problem but for solo parts, holy shit...

;)

Scara wrote:Hey, zircon...whats happening to the port-over to Directwave of your libraries?.

Been a while since you mentioned that you were gonna "make a announcement very shortly" about these?

Thanks, bud.

scar.
Hey scar, here's the status: the patches are 100% done. The obstacle right now is that Directwave converts all samples to 32bit stereo. This is a big problem for Shreddage, which is 24bit mono. It drastically increases memory usage, and Directwave does not stream from disk. While we would love to release the patches, we're at a bit of a standstill because a number of the instruments are very RAM-intensive. This is one of the reasons why we're working on SFZ versions as an alternative. That being said, we still really want to make sure the DW versions are usable and are continuing to correspond with Imageline about it.

Top-secret voices project? Does that mean it's something other than the Jillian Aversa vocal library that's been mentioned before?

Yes. Actually, if you look around at some of my posts in the Samples forum you'll see that I spoke about it :3

I think I found it. If it's what I think it is, it'll definitely be one to look forward to!

By the way, are any of these upcoming libraries eligible prizes for the FF6 contest you're holding on OC ReMix?

I just want to chime in and tell you how awesome it is that you are converting everything to SFZ!

P.S. Please don't forget to add the separate downstroke and upstroke patches so that we can vary our rhythms! :-)

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

zircon wrote:K-Slash: Acoustic Revolutions 2 is on the horizon, and I would like to do a full acoustic instrument. But, other companies seem to have done this pretty well, so we'd need to look and see how we could make something very unique.
Something that would be nice (I can't remember if I suggested this before or not, at my age I'm lucky to remember my own name...) would be for each acoustic guitar loop to have 1 or two complimentary loops (another six-string, 12-string, mandolin, whatever might sound good) that can be played along with it. Or on their own. I do have an acoustic guitar loop library that has the loops in pairs (one in stereo, one in mono, playing different parts), but it isn't very big. It is nice for livening things up, especially when a loop might repeat several times; for example, four repetitions of the main loop by itself, then four more with one of the secondary loops.

I'm sure Acoustic Revolutions will be great, though. I've had a lot of fun working with Vol. 1.
I wish I could sing as well as the voices inside my head...

http://www.cdbaby.com/darkvictory

Interesting idea - we'll talk about it and see if we can't do something like that!

K-Slash wrote:Well, except for Pettinhouse AcousticGuitar (IMHO), I have yet to hear a GREAT sounding acoustic guitar library with a convincing stumming engine.

There's Orange Tree Samples steel acoustic and Ilya Efimov libraries.

Ilya Efimov libraries is rather hard to use unless you have a MIDI keyboard. Doing stuff in the piano roll is hard and the pattern mode is dodgy. Great to make patterns but it has some glitches.

Never tried Orange Tree, but if it's anything like the quality of Shreddage guitars, I might check it out.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”