Shreddage 2 Development Thread

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

claw11: No powerchord legato in the release version... we did record powerchord slides (portamento) but they are a tremendous amount of work to edit. We will have them in a future update.

Also, new demo today! This horrifyingly brutal Djent-style beast is "Subterrenea" by Ian Dorsch, and it blew our minds. Really shows what Shreddage 2 can do!

http://soundcloud.com/isworks/shreddage ... nea-by-ian
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Wow! HUGE sound :band:
Sounds really good in terms of realism to me. Killer demo for sure. This is one Kraken I can't wait for you to release :D

fantastic sound,brutal as hell...
Hei Zircon,what's the difference in terms of realism between pre recorded powerchords and single note samples that build chords?? :clap:

have you used Shreddage Bass for this demo? and the virtual amp??

Thanks guys! I didn't write the demo; it was produced by Ian Dorsch, one of our testers. I'll ask him what he used for the bass + drums.

In terms of realism, it's slightly preferable to use the actual powerchord articulation (lower octaves of the keyboard) as opposed to manually sequencing 1-5-1 chords with single notes. It's hard to say exactly WHY the powerchord recordings sound better. My guess is the way the real guitar pickups and strings vibrate and resonate with each other. Not to say that single note chords sound bad at all, just that powerchord recordings generally sound better.

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

I understand,so the same goes for other chords such as sus4,add9,major 3rd,4th etc etc?? I've never noticed it.Again,the new library sound is really great! Excellent work so far.The lead guitar is really convincing :shock:

I am loving the demos I'm hearing of Shreddage 2. As a current Prominy V-Metal user I can attest to its difficulty. Even though it's far from easy, I adore the product. Really glad to see another quality VST in progress, I'll definitely be buying this day one. Do you foresee releasing a SFZ version alongside the kontakt version right off the bat or later on? I have no intention of purchasing Kontakt so SFZ for me. Actually this is part of what steered me towards Prominy V-Metal when I purchased it last year, it didn't need a full copy of Kontakt. Anyhow, best of luck, I look forward to more progress, it sounds amazing.

audiosupernova: You're in luck, as Shreddage 2 will come with Kontakt Player, just like V-Metal. :-)

zircon wrote:audiosupernova: You're in luck, as Shreddage 2 will come with Kontakt Player, just like V-Metal. :-)
I love you guys already. I'm actually looking to purchase Shreddage Bass today to play around with(sorry to be off topic) but that requires the full version of Kontakt for the non-SFZ version right? I was literally about to buy the whole Shreddage package (X+Bass) until I saw this forum and a release date of "soon", so hurry up please! ;)

Yeah, Shreddage Bass does require Kontakt for the non-SFZ version. However, the SFZ version does have the same functionality + samples, even the hammer-on and pull-offs!

We're wrapping up Shreddage2 now. Todo: fretboard monitor fine-tuning, UI art, and then encoding by NI.

Just posted a recap of the features + details of Shreddage 2, along with price!

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 47#5088447

Simply put -

For existing Shreddage / Shreddage X Users: $99
For new customers, introductory price: $119

How about them apples?! :D

Well Zircon simply put, I really, REALLY like them apples :D
Also superb work with "nuclear dubstep".

great prices,great demos...
credit card alerted :D
Zircon,will you release a detailed pdf manual with Shreddage 2?
Can't wait :cry:

claw11 wrote:Well Zircon simply put, I really, REALLY like them apples :D
Also superb work with "nuclear dubstep".
No joking, that "nuclear dubstep" guitar work sounds phenomenal. I can't wait to use Shreddage 2 and see my workflow with it compared to my current V-Metal stuff.

Didn't read the whole thread, but will Shreddage 2 address the stereo width bug present in the current version?

Hey argle :D

Return to “Impact Soundworks”