Shreddage 2 Development Thread

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks for the kind words! Updated the MP3 on the server with some additional FX that I left out of the original render. In this particular demo I'm using Guitar Rig 5 to get as close as possible to the original theme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzHe4U5c5Oc

I'm pretty proud of how close it is overall, but of course there is more work to be done. You can also check out the demo here -

http://soundcloud.com/isworks/shreddage ... un-opening
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Sounds AWESOME! :band2:
Sound design, audio editing, and instrument programming for UVI Workstation and Falcon/MachFive
http://www.iainmorland.net

iain_morland wrote:Sounds AWESOME! :band2:
yes it is. :)
hei Zircon are you working on another demo song?
I'm curious to hear about it!

Not currently working on another demo myself; I've been working on the library, primarily on scripting and UI enhancements. For example we've now added a Preset system that allows you to quickly save and recall instrument settings in a flash. We've also made articulations more customizable. You can quickly disable things like palm mutes, pinch squeals or tremolo if you don't want to use them, as well as customize the velocity range of the legato types like hammer-on/pull-off and portamento. Combined with your built-in velocity scaling options, it is very easy to adjust Shreddage 2 to your liking.

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

glad to hear these news.and for the script,what about string realism, antirepetition,tune humanization etc?

Hi zircon! When is the release date of the Shreddage 2?

metalheart: Those features are all accessible from the "Engine" tab of the UI.

Screamster: I wish I could give an exact date but unfortunately I don't have one yet. We're actively beta testing the library now that basically all the audio/editing is done, and it's just a matter of script features/fixes and UI. We'll then need to go through NI for the Kontakt Player. If I had to guess, I would say within 2 months? Definitely before the end of the year.

Will there be a non-Player version for those of us who already own Kontakt?

I can't speak to pricing or upgrade paths yet. What I can offer is the following about our *plan*:

* The list price will be extremely reasonable and make everyone happy
* We'd LIKE to give some sort of upgrade path to original Shreddage owners
* We don't think the Kontakt Player version will impact our desired price

I need to confer with Will (my business partner) further before we come to a decision. As soon as we do, you all will know.

What I will say is this; our price won't be anywhere close to Evolution Electric Guitar, Prominy LPC, Prominy V-Metal or Electri6ity (all fine libraries, mind you). I'm declaring it now - NO electric guitar VI will compete with the quality + price of Shreddage2, particularly for rock & metal.

Aaaargh two months of suspence but i'm sure it will be worth it :cry:

We just made some MAJOR improvements to the UI/functionality of this library. Now, you can easily enable/disable any articulation from the front page. But even more exciting, there is now an articulation grid on another UI page that allows you to customize the velocity range for everything.

Want to have mutes on high velocities and sustains at low velocities, the opposite of the default mapping? No problem.

A patch with just tremolos and pinch squeals? Sure!

Mutes on low velocities and staccatos at high velocities - a patch with only short notes? Go for it!

And of course, with our Preset system, you can save your customized patch and recall it anytime in any project.

Breakthrough! Double-tracking is implemented. It is even more elegant than in Shreddage+X. Rather than having another set of patches, you simply load/clone another instance of the same patch, and click "DT Gtr 2" on the front panel. The original patch can then be set to "DT Gtr 1". This ensures a separate set of recordings and a true double-tracked sound :)

Fantastic! Can't wait for some demos :love:
Btw, you said in another thread that you have 5 layers of palm mutes, is this for both single notes and powerchords? I really liked the multiple powerchord palm mute layers in original shreddage. I especially like the lowest layer palm mute because it sounds so brutal.

Correct, both powerchords and single notes have up to 5x layers. The # of layers depends on the string and fret position. As you go to higher strings and frets, variations in mute intensity become much less prominent, but even at these levels we have around 3x layers (more than any other library).

Right on. As a guitar player I know what you mean and have to agree.
Does powerchords have legato as well?

Return to “Impact Soundworks”