Shreddage 2 suggestions

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Again a big reason for waiting before doing an update is to make sure we've gathered a lot of feedback from current users, but the other reason I didn't mention previously is that - as far as I'm aware - there is a rather hefty fee from NI to produce an update for a Kontakt Player library. That is what they told me at least, so I didn't want to do several small updates and rather planned for a larger v1.1 instead.

I would say we are looking at the end of April for an actual update to be released. I don't think that is too far away. One of the reasons we're looking for additional help (as I posted a few days ago) is that currently I am doing basically 100% of the scripting and also most of the design work, which obviously doesn't leave me with much time. With some additional help we can get more stuff done faster.

Anyway, things that are going into the update for sure -

* Improved fret/string selection engine.
* More release noises.
* Simulated vibrato mode (w/ LFO control)
* Pitch wheel range control.

I'll post a new thread in the next 1-2 days saying this and listing some of the things we're looking into, as well as soliciting the most popular requests and any bug reports.
Items we're looking into:
* Reworked articulation engine, ie. free-assign articulations to keyswitches / MIDI CC in addition to velocity.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

I think the intention is to collect a lot of feedback and then do it right.

Hi andrew.. slideing power chords it's typical playing technique in metal, i think with this is the update large enuogh... :)

hi Andrew,any chance to see other kind of harmonics like natural harmonics? or something like the cricket technique?
I know it would be a great update,but i think shreddage 2 would be very complete if it had a feedback instrument for another future update!

WarAxe wrote:Hi andrew.. slideing power chords it's typical playing technique in metal, i think with this is the update large enuogh... :)
We actually have those recorded and it's a matter of editing them. It's gruesomely time-consuming but rest assured they ARE recorded...
hi Andrew,any chance to see other kind of harmonics like natural harmonics? or something like the cricket technique?
Let me talk to my guitarist about it and see what he thinks :)

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

I second the request for more harmonics, especially natural and pinch squeals without vibrato.
Any chance we could get some full chokes at different positions on the neck as well?

We did record the chokes at multiple positions; velocity changes the position.

Oh, sorry. I'm used to triggering them on the playable keys so I never looked into the dedicated choke key.
[Insert "the more you know" star here]

Choke key is there on the couple of free keys between powerchord section and the sustain section.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”