Shreddage 2 v2e Update - Now available!

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Portamento powerchord slides are recorded and being edited. Keep in mind there are over 2000... :[
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

zircon wrote:Portamento powerchord slides are recorded and being edited. Keep in mind there are over 2000... :[
ahh yes I tought it would have been released with the last update.
i've to cue an error about slides

i'm using string 3,the first note is d#6 and the second c6 (on fl studio).
I overlap these notes and it doesn't trigger portamento,but a full choke.

we should open a new thread to gather all Shreddage 2 mistakes.

Using this thread is fine, and yes by all means please report everything you find!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Double tracked full chokes still phase on guitars 1 and 2. It sounds fine when quad tracking, though.

Upload a MIDI file and I will check it out. Figuring out DT problems is ridiculously hard at this point given the complexity of the script, but having a MIDI showing problems is by far the best way to help isolate things.

I get a bit confused by these updates.

(a) The samples seem to have updated correctly.
(b) Manual (replaced)

(c) As for the Instruments Folder, I now have:

Shreddage II FX v2.nki
Shreddage II v2.nki
Shreddage II v2d.nki

Shreddage_II_Wallpaper.png (replaced)

Does that seem correct?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

V2E has been posted, correcting a bug with the full chokes in double track mode.

Found a few little gotchas with v2e.

(2009 Mac Pro w/ OSX 10.9.1 (x64) 32GB RAM, Samples on dedicated 7200RPM HDD, Kontakt 5.3.0.6464 (x64) Standalone & in Logic Pro X x64. Memory Server is "On", Multiprocessor support is "Off", Buffer set to 512. in Kontakt Prefs):

Missing Notes on DT Guitar 3 in Quad Tracked Setup
[*]Setup Quad Tracked instance
[*]Route each v2e to seperate output so you can see when DT Guitar 3 doesn't play
[*]Play Highest "lead" D# and E as well as middle E (3rd octave up from the Keyswitches)

Shreddage Instrument GUI/Script Sometimes Becomes Unresponsive if Loading Instrument from K5's Libraries Panel (but loading from DB panel seems OK)
[*]Double click "Shreddage II v2e.nki" from the Libraries panel. The problem seems to be worse if it appears to take longer than it usually does to load.
[*]Try to toggle any of the Shreddage II UI elements like "DT Guitar #" or "Performance" drop down.
[*]The UI is unresponsive.
[*]Unload the instance and load again from the Database menu.
(I've tried restarting Kontakt several times, but this seems to be a very hit or miss issue.)

And I haven't done a lot of testing in other VI's, but Kontakt seems to crash when I try to quad track S2 through 4 Mono outputs in the Outputs section below instead of the default stereo. But that might be a problem in Kontakt.

Thank you for the feedback!

* Will look into those missing notes on guitar 3

* Loading/UI delay - I've had this issue before with many libraries. I have no idea what causes it. I think it's a Kontakt bug, as it's very sporadic for me and seems to happen at pure random. Sometimes I'll load a library in less than 5 seconds, other times it will lock up my DAW for 10 minutes. I would love to hear from NI on this.

You bet. After a little more testing today, you're right. I can get that UI thing to happen now and it basically hoses all of my other Library pane instruments even the NI ones! It just started happening to me though. I cleaned Mac preferences and permissions in disk utility so I'll keep an eye. I also rebuilt the NI DB. I hope K5 behaves today, I have a cut I need to complete tonight and I really don't feel like tracking live guitars.. :)
- JackoDrummer

Does the loading/UI delay still happen after you do a batch resave of the library? Try it please: do a batch resave then load an NKI from the library. Now restart your computer and do the same and see what happens.

Hi, D/L S2 on 26, Jan, 2014...are there still issues to be looked at in this library?
Since the last post is from 13th Jan, just thought maybe someone could give a update?
Thanks, all

S.

Hi Scara, there are no current issues on my to-do list, so v2e is the latest and best version. If there are reproducible bug reports I will of course do my best to fix them. We have a big free update coming up though, which will arrive sometime Feb-mar.

Thank you very much, Andrew.
I look forward to the "Big, Free Update".

S.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”