Can't Install/register Shreddage II Library

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have to say that out of the nine plug-ins/AUs/VSTs I've purchased, Shreddage II has been by far the most frustrating to try and get set up. For the past week, I've scoured NI's forums, searched Google, even went as far as to purchase the full version of Kontakt 5, have uninstalled/reinstalled Kontakt 5 (takes hours for each) and the NI Service Center, but cannot get this product to load, register, or work. I'm using a Macbook pro w/OSX Lion 10.7.5.

First, I purchased and downloaded the product. At the time I had the free Kontakt 5 player, so downloaded the sforzando plugin. WIth sforzando, I click Empty > Import > Documents > Shreddage & ReValver > Shreddage II, and there are no patches for this product at all. When I go back to the Shreddage Bass Picked Edition, there are sforzando patches for the bass, which is a nice bonus, but I purchased this product for the guitar patches. Where are they?

Since the only Shreddage II guitar patches I saw in these folders had nki/nkm extensions, I then went out and bought the full version of Kontakt 5. After successfully installing and registering it, it pulled in all of my other purchased libraries successfully, and they all show in the NI Service Center as registered.

One week and $250 later, I still can't use this product. When I launch Kontakt 5 > Libraries > Add Library and navigate to Documents > Shreddage & ReValver and select either the "Instruments" or "Multis" folder, the .nki and .nkm patches are "greyed out" and therefore I cannot select them to proceed to click "Choose". If I try to drag and drop them from Mac's Finder or through Kontakt's Files option, I get the error:

"Kontakt 5
This patch is encrypted and cannot be loaded unless the respective Library is registered properly."

I re-read the the documentation to make sure I had followed the instructions correctly, and I can confirm that I did. What do I need to do to get this product installed, registered, and running?

Thanks in advance.

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties. I promise we'll get this sorted out; I've been in your position with other software, and I guarantee that Shreddage 2 does work perfectly on pretty much every system!

Firstly - Sforzando is used for our Shreddage 1 and Shreddage Bass libraries, NOT Shreddage 2. S2 is designed for Kontakt Player, not Sforzando, so you would use it directly with that. Of course it does also work with the full version of Kontakt which IMO is very much worth owning, as there are many libraries out there (including most of ours) that only work in the FULL version of Kontakt.

Here's the procedure to get things working properly. Within Kontakt, you were on the right track in that you need to use "ADD LIBRARY" under the "Libraries" tab. The folder you need to find should be called, simply, "Shreddage 2". This is the folder that would have been created after you extracted Shreddage2 from the downloaded RAR files. You don't need to select "Instruments" or "Multis" but simply the Shreddage 2 folder itself.

Once it has been successfully added to Kontakt's libraries tab, that's when you would load Service Center and type in the authorization code that was emailed to you. Upon authorization the library will be 100% functional.

This is actually the same process used for all Kontakt Player-based libraries, so you can repeat it for hundreds of other great instruments out there.

(By the way, I'm originally from Westchester, NY - Pleasantville in fact!)
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Zircon- You Rock! That did the trick and installation was successful. Honestly, I never would have thought to double click on the containing folder. I haven't used it yet, but the prod now shows in my K5 menu. Am VERY much looking forward to playing with this bad boy. Thanks, and keep in touch with yourself :)

So if I'm doing a reinstall, where do I get the authorization code? Or is that possible. I didn't see the authorization code on my download page within my account.

Which library are you referring to? Shreddage 2? If so, the code would be in your email from when we first sent it.

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

So I'm trying to do a reinstall after a catastrophic HDD crash. And, after two years, I can't find the email with the authorization code. Am I going to have to re-purchase the product?

Absolutely not - we would NEVER do that to anyone!! Can you PM me your email? I will send your code over.

Thank you very much. Many companies would make me re-purchase; and for reasons that are perfectly understandable. You've pretty much ensured that my next VST purchase will be an Impact Soundwork's product.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”