sound board
listening timber
audible timber
sounding timber
electric timber

timber timbre :)

archtop

jazz timber

Bhan wrote:Wondering if you had thought of a miced perspective close to the neck joint. Even a single layer sample, with a separate scalable velocity curve being mixed in could add a ton of tonal variation.

I think JAX could be cool name.
When you say a miced perspective, do you mean for capturing more fret/finger noise? It seems like the mic wouldn't really pick up much; I've never heard of this technique before. It SOUNDS interesting though so tell me more!
theaks2002 wrote:Please give us the classic Wes Montgomery/George Benson thumb strum octave guitar.
Quantum Leap has the one but it's an older library and not too flexible.
Someone needs to nail it.. please be the one!
~john
windsor ontario
We did record thumbed octaves :)
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Well then I certainly look forward to hearing it! (and using it!) happy happy!
Thanks!

Miced perspective adds the acoustic element on the archtop sound which the player certainly hears at the sort of volumes that arch-tops are played at typically - particularly in practice. I have seen people do this live - use an LDC in front of the 12th fret to capture the acoustic sound and then (presumably) blend it with the miced amp. (eg I saw James Sherlock do this in Melbourne this year at the recital center)

Interesting thing about psycho-acoustics is that the first milliseconds of a sound are absolutely critical to our perception of it. Even when playing solid body electric - if the amp/stage volume is not really high - the first thing the player hears is the acoustic sound of the strings being struck which arrives at the ear before the amp sound in normal circumstances. The acoustic sound is tilted towards the treble and has frequencies beyond what a guitar amp will reproduce. If you are listening to amp sims on headphones, this is one of the things that is missing.

Great sounding demos so far. Looking forward to this!

Here are a couple more name ideas:

The Tone Hunter
Sweet Impressions
Claritone

egbert: Interesting... I'll discuss it with the guitarist and see what we can do.

BTW, I'm happy to announce that I have a WORKING implementation of poly legato! It's still a little rough but I'm fine-tuning it now. Very exciting!
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

SunDial

Versalectric

Chamelion

Smooth Impact

(a) HOBO - HOllow BOdy
(b) Semi - People can say they have a semi without blushing. :)
(c) F-Hole
(d) HB-175 - The ES-175 is a famous model. HB = Hollow Body
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

IchaBod

Legend

Axe

Chopper

Chops

Bender

Holler

FireWood

Weepy Hollow

Flabbercaster

Talvin wrote:Weepy Hollow

Flabbercaster