Shreddage II & Bass Feature request

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys, really nice job Shreddage! :D
I think that a great goal for this instrument (for the others too but you could be the first) should be to create a Notation/tablature interface for the midi editing. :idea:
I think that almost the 90% of the users create own works with the midi editor, really frustrating. :cry: :evil:
Imaging to write a symbol to recreate the complexity of 3/4 midi messages to play a simple guitar technic for a single note, don't you think is fantastic and useful? :love: :party:

I hope you will understand what it means for you and for us. :o :clap:

Bye, thank you for the attention.

I'm really sorry for my english, I'm Italian

Thanks for your feedback! Creating a MIDI / notation editor in Kontakt itself might be challenging... in Kontakt 5, scripting is still a bit buggy and limited. But perhaps we can do this with the next version of Kontakt, once Native Instruments gives us more features and tools to work with.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Creating a chart helps when translating guitar/bass tabs to midi, I have one in front of me which I made in 5 minutes using a pen and a paper.

Based on the thread title...

I must say how disappointed I am with the Shreddage Picked Bass sounds! The sloppy fret-buzzing samples in this bass set really make it usable ONLY for some metal/punk/alternative music. (unless you chop off all top-end to hide the slop, but then what's the point - might as well use a synth sim or soundfont.)

If this otherwise well-toned bass sample set is ever updated, and I sure hope it is, I would hope the mid-range of velocities could be of a clean bass with no fret-buzz, and the louder velocities could then introduce more fret-buzz and slop - much like playing a real bass. Only then can Shreddage Picked Bass be effectively used in virtually ALL musical styles!

LOVE Shreddage II!

(posted some of this in another thread, but this thread title seems much more to my point)

Well, I'm glad you're enjoying Shreddage 2! As for the fret buzz in Shreddage Bass, this is naturally just how the bass sounds as it is played with increasing strength. It's a part of the natural sound of the instrument. You can mitigate this by simply turning down the Edge knob (or using your own select EQ) as well.

That being said... we ARE about to start work on Shreddage Bass 2. I'll pay close attention to that aspect of the sound. We're using a different bass entirely, and most likely will do both picked *and* fingered for it.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

zircon wrote:As for the fret buzz in Shreddage Bass, this is naturally just how the bass sounds as it is played with increasing strength. It's a part of the natural sound of the instrument...
Well that statement isn't entirely true! There is no reason for a bass to present buzzy frets beyond poor performance, bridge set too low, or waaay too hard attack. (I played bass professionally for nearly 20 years and played and recorded with many Grammy-winners and legends). My point is, one should be able to have a nice full and crisp bass tone with no fret buzz whatsoever (see a million+ studio bass tracks throughout history). Fret buzz and sloppiness can be a useful and fun "addition" to clean clear tones, but not the standard! And I think it's a great idea to have this fret-buzz and sloppy fretting technique introduced at higher velocities only. That way everyone can enjoy their favorite style of picked bass, all in one set.

And no, you can't EQ the buzz and slop out of SB without killing the tone! The answer is clearly better samples and velocity implementation.

The addition of fingered bass tone will be nice too! But please remember both the bridge-oriented style of Jaco Pastorious, as well as the more mellow neck-oriented styles of many Motown and studio players.

I'd just be happy with a SOLID, clean, rich bass tone that can be used on ALL music, not just metal, punk and alternative styles. If you showed up for most studio dates with a buzzy bass like SB, you'd quickly be shown the door, or tossed the beat-up ol' P-bass in the corner. I just want Shreddage Picked Bass to rock as hard and with as much versatility as Sheddage II does! :)

All the best!

Return to “Impact Soundworks”