a problem with shreddage 2

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been reading the manual for shreddage 2 lately and finally got the tone off this spawn,but there's still a problem I couldn't sort out by reading the manual.

The problem is when I run a midi file (even in OMNI mode) in Kontact,It performs the certain strings off the shreddage's guitar ,for example G string.

I turned up it was "keyswitches" in the shreddage which range from C0 to C8.
(every switch is designed to perform a specific string).

But the question is :
"How I can set the switchkeys to cover all the strings?"

Hey what the hell is goin on out there.
No freaking one to answer ?
Where's your frigging support?
Did I forfeit 200 bucks on your spawn ?

Why the "rhythm guitar" doesn't work?
Why only the "electric guitar" works ?
If you don't answer I'll claim you all.

Wow, the age of instant gratification is getting a little out of hand...
And if you paid $200, you probably overpaid since it's listed for $139 on Impact Soundwork's site...

Here's an idea...
http://impactsoundworks.com/contact/

SO wonderful somebody came up and said hi !

I also purchased some added plugin that hit the 200 bucks.
But now I regret it why I even purchased this spawn that had no guarentees or supports.

I'm gonna claim them if they're not gonna answer me.

I saw this post yesterday, but since I don't do keyswitches, I really don't have an answer to your problem.

If I remember correctly, IS said that a huge update involving keyswitches to match Archtop was in the works, but you should really be patient. I have no clue what you mean by "claiming" or "spawn", but at least be more specific;

Are you using Shreddage 2.2? (Did you download the 2.0 update in the pinned post?)
Are you hearing nothing but what's on the G String? (I don't understand since you using midi and keyswitch in the same sentence since there's no need for keyswitching if you're using a sequencer.)
What DAW are you even using?

sorry if this is irelevant (not quite understanding your post) but can you not transpose the notes up one or two octaves, to move them away from the keyswitches?

S.

siros11 wrote:SO wonderful somebody came up and said hi !

But now I regret it why I even purchased this spawn that had no guarentees or supports.

Wow, a little hostile huh?
Patience is a virtue!

bigjerome wrote:
siros11 wrote:SO wonderful somebody came up and said hi !

Wow, a little hostile huh?
Patience is a virtue!
Sorry I bent out of the shape ,'cause I felt like I am lonely out here.No one answered me.Just stay in my shoes for a second.I am Junior high student with a little budget who Got frustrated by this shreddage thingy.
Last edited by siros11 on Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FaytxStay wrote:I saw this post yesterday, but since I don't do keyswitches, I really don't have an answer to your problem.

If I remember correctly, IS said that a huge update involving keyswitches to match Archtop was in the works, but you should really be patient. I have no clue what you mean by "claiming" or "spawn", but at least be more specific;

Are you using Shreddage 2.2? (Did you download the 2.0 update in the pinned post?)
Are you hearing nothing but what's on the G String? (I don't understand since you using midi and keyswitch in the same sentence since there's no need for keyswitching if you're using a sequencer.)
1.Does this shreddage process the exported midi files from guitar pro? (because what I am aiming is just to export the midi file from guitar pro and humanize and liven up it in shreddage.And don't know if that's possible)

2.Where I can find the update Tab?.I don't see it in shreddage's enviornment.

I am using Fl studio and run what I do is just simply loading shreddage in the Kontact and in the "add library" I'd choose "elecrtic guitar.But much to my amazement,Only "electric guitar works out and the rest of the samples i.e "rhythm guitar don't work.

3.And in the "electric guitar" I just hear the D string playing.
(I even had a go at "group editor" and saw that the D string only would perform the tone ,while all the other strings were in check mark along with the D string).

I got three questions !

Update: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 6&t=379034

It would probably benefit you to also dl the updated manual from the post and read it, and above all, act like an adult.

siros11 wrote:
FaytxStay wrote:I saw this post yesterday, but since I don't do keyswitches, I really don't have an answer to your problem.

1.Does this shreddage process the exported midi files from guitar pro? (because what I am aiming is just to export the midi file from guitar pro and humanize and liven up it in shreddage. And don't know if that's possible)

2.Where I can find the update Tab?.I don't see it in shreddage's environment.

I am using Fl studio and run what I do is just simply loading shreddage in the Kontact and in the "add library" I'd choose "elecrtic guitar.But much to my amazement,Only "electric guitar works out and the rest of the samples i.e "rhythm guitar don't work.

3.And in the "electric guitar" I just hear the D string playing.
(I even had a go at "group editor" and saw that the D string only would perform the tone ,while all the other strings were in check mark along with the D string).

I got three questions !
1. I don't use GP5, so I doubt it, honestly.

2. The update was linked by Jerome. (I also use FL.)

3. THIS is what's confusing me. Are you talking about the same thing?
Shreddage X/2 is run through kontakt with multis and stuff. There are -NO- NKI's under the name of 'Rhythm Guitar' and 'Electric'.

In my Multis, I see:
Shreddage 2, Shreddage 2FX, Shreddage 2 Stereo and Shreddage 2Output.

I'm still trying to figure out what a spawn is other than a fish releasing eggs...

Unless it's something in reference to frogs...

Never mind, that makes no sense either!

Sorry for the difficulty here. I actually responded to this but somehow the post must not have gone through. For what it's worth, email is almost always faster since it shows up in our inbox - support@impactsoundworks.com

If you have FL Studio, I recommend watching this video as it shows how the library is used in that environment (various performance/sequencing tips).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17xpty0DAsI

Maybe this will shed some light into things. As you'll see in real-time, using the library is not too hard, whether you have a MIDI keyboard or not.

That being said, I do not recommend importing MIDIs from another program, unless you are willing to tweak the imported MIDI notes. They might not import to the right range - you would have to transpose up or down. In terms of keyswitches, the B-2 keyswitch will reset the string selection to "All" strings. You can look at the main Perform page of the interface to see the current selected string.

Hopefully this clarifies some things. I'll be here to answer any other questions/concerns you might have.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

bigjerome wrote:I'm still trying to figure out what a spawn is other than a fish releasing eggs...

Unless it's something in reference to frogs...

Never mind, that makes no sense either!
In U.S "spawn" is used as a derogatory for "product".

FaytxStay wrote:
siros11 wrote:
FaytxStay wrote:3. THIS is what's confusing me. Are you talking about the same thing?
Shreddage X/2 is run through kontakt with multis and stuff. There are -NO- NKI's under the name of 'Rhythm Guitar' and 'Electric'.

In my Multis, I see:
Shreddage 2, Shreddage 2FX, Shreddage 2 Stereo and Shreddage 2Output.
In my multis I see "shreddage II doubletrack stereo" and "shreddage II doubletrack 2out"
But after clicked it,No instrument would load in Kontact window and thus no sound or no tone is heard. :!:

Return to “Impact Soundworks”