a problem with shreddage 2

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zircon wrote: In terms of keyswitches, the B-2 keyswitch will reset the string selection to "All" strings. You can look at the main Perform page of the interface to see the current selected string.
Where could I find "B2" ?
I see a button in the "master Tab" screen.(Near the reference tone).Isn't it?
Or I should maybe go through the "Edit groups" and "mapping" ,... ?

siros11 wrote: Where could I find "B2" ?
On your keyboard. It's a key.That's why it's called 'keyswitch'. :party:

tq wrote:
siros11 wrote: Where could I find "B2" ?
On your keyboard. It's a key.That's why it's called 'keyswitch'. :party:
What do you mean ? :?:
Hitting the B(letter)+ 2(number) ???

:o

No, I mean the thing with the white and black keys that you usually use when producing music. Think of a piano. :wink: Alternatively, you can use other MIDI input devices, or edit notes using your DAW.

Sorry man, I don't want to sound rude - but I have the slight feeling that you don't know much about the whole music production thing. How about finding somebody in your personal environment who can show you the basics?

I got another problem here.
When I hit "shreddage II doubletrack" in the "library" , the "multi rack" Tab shows up in the main window , but when I click the drop down menu and scroll on "Quickload instrument", No instrument would load there.
Is it just because I run "windows Xp" ? (which might not be compatible with kontact and shreddage II ?)

tq wrote::o

No, I mean the thing with the white and black keys that you usually use when producing music. Think of a piano. :wink: Alternatively, you can use other MIDI input devices, or edit notes using your DAW.

Sorry man, I don't want to sound rude - but I have the slight feeling that you don't know much about the whole music production thing. How about finding somebody in your personal environment who can show you the basics?
I got no clue how to use a piano or keyboard (I am a guitarist).would you tell me where could I locate that key.
(count from the left keys of the keyboard to the right).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musical_keyboard

Picture on the upper right.

With all due respect: Try to find somebody who teaches you these things, or get a beginners book. There is no way you will master even the most basic tasks in a DAW without *some* knowledge of music producion in a computer, including MIDI.

I guess if you continue asking these questions on KvR, you will soon get a lot of cat pictures. :-)

tq wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musical_keyboard

With all due respect: Try to find somebody who teaches you these things, or get a beginners book. There is no way you will master even the most basic tasks in a DAW without *some* knowledge of music producion in a computer, including MIDI.

I guess if you continue asking these questions on KvR, you will soon get a lot of cat pictures. :-)
Yeah I'll take your advice but I must hand it to those guys who didn't bother to make it as easy as possible for those greenhorns to get what they wanna bring out in their tones.(And the manuel is so incompleted ).
My sole ambition is just to import my midi files into the shreddage II and switch it's tone to a real guitar tone.
Almost all the shreddage or any other vst buyers are alike.They just want to humanize their midi file but they'll have to go through the twisted procedures of learning (or better say "mastering") the music production. :evil:

siros11 wrote:
tq wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musical_keyboard

Yeah I'll take your advice but I must hand it to those guys who didn't bother to make it as easy as possible for those greenhorns to get what they wanna bring out in their tones.(And the manuel is so incompleted ).
My sole ambition is just to import my midi files into the shreddage II and switch it's tone to a real guitar tone.
Almost all the shreddage or any other vst buyers are alike.They just want to humanize their midi file but they'll have to go through the twisted procedures of learning (or better say "mastering") the music production. :evil:
When you buy a car, do you expect the manual that comes with the car to teach you how to drive?

C'mon, if a person buys Shreddage 2, there are assumptions made that you know some basics such as what a (musical) keyboard is, if someone says a keyswitch is on B2, you know that it is the name of a note, not the B + 2 on your computer keyboard (although on a prv that would work), etc.

I think that the manual is well written but then again, I know what a prv is, you're probably stuck on that one.

Obvious that you don't know what you're doing so maybe learning the basics would help since you said that you don't know piano or keyboard because you're a guitarist.

Apparently all the shreddage or any vst buyers are not alike. I don't use Shreddage to "humanize my midi file", I use it to either record guitar parts for my music when I don't have access to my gtr and amp (when I'm on the road) or use it to try out new ideas. Sometimes I'm real happy with the results and I won't re-record it with a real guitar...

It would also help if you learned what a multi and a quickload is in Kontakt...

You're using Kontakt on an XP computer? I didn't think Kontakt 5 was installable on XP, minimum system requirements for it are Win 7...

I've upload a video of the progression of those steps I've done to make shreddage work :
http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=gf ... fdbec167ac

(only D string works in this video !)

Sorry, not going to dl a rar file from a person that I don't know. If it's stream-able, I'll watch it.

You do realize that if you hit the Keyb button in the top of Kontakt, it shows a keyboard and the yellow keys are the keyswitches, right?
If you don't see the yellow keys, scroll the keyboard with the <+ Xoct> control to the bottom left of the keyboard.

bigjerome wrote:You do realize that if you hit the Keyb button in the top of Kontakt, it shows a keyboard and the yellow keys are the keyswitches, right?
If you don't see the yellow keys, scroll the keyboard with the <+ Xoct> control to the bottom left of the keyboard.
Yes I realize,If you did bother watching that clip.

And by the way none of the octaves would make the keyboard "yellow".

Somebody answer me.

Nobody will watch your clip, as it's a rar file and might contain stuff we don't want to have on our computer... :-/

Anway, how about reading the Kontakt manual?

siros11 wrote:
bigjerome wrote:You do realize that if you hit the Keyb button in the top of Kontakt, it shows a keyboard and the yellow keys are the keyswitches, right?
Yes I realize,If you did bother watching that clip.

And by the way none of the octaves would make the keyboard "yellow".

Somebody answer me.
I won't download a rar file to watch a video, post it on youtube.

Did you scroll more than 1 octave?

Return to “Impact Soundworks”