Shreddage 2X UI / update preview

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Currently putting all my time into making the Shreddage 2 big update happen. As you can see from the screenshots below, the UI is being completely and 100% overhauled.

New features / content include:

* Powerchord staccatos
* Powerchord portamento
* "Thrash note" like Shreddage1, a user-assignable key that triggers the last-played key (useful for fast live playing)
* Custom-assignable keyswitches for all articulations
* Better velocity to volume and velocity curve controls
* Random string resonance (switchable)
* Underlying engine rescripted from scratch
* New preset system
* New built-in FX
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

This should be f'n amazin'! When should we expect it? (I know it's not polite to ask that type of question........but...........powerchord porta...I mean c'mon!)

This is my sole project right now; my partner Will is working on wrapping up Vocalisa. So with any luck I will be done with scripting this week - then we just need about a week of beta testing (if people are available) since the engine will be largely adapted from Archtop, which works quite well. So <May 20th I think.

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

ahh good looking gui,can't wait!

Hey Zircon what's random resonance?

MY. BODY. IS. READY!!!!!!!!!!

Superb! How compatible will the new S2 be with old S2 Midi?

Beautiful, Andrew! :tu:

soundoutsource wrote:Superb! How compatible will the new S2 be with old S2 Midi?
I'm going to do my best to keep it highly compatible. The basic mapping shouldn't have to change, but keyswitches will, since you'll be able to define your own.
This is a feature created for Archtop that I think will work well for Shreddage2 also. If you enable it, you will sometimes get neighboring string resonance when you play a note. For example, you play a note on the B string and get a little bit of resonance from the E and G strings. The idea is to simulate how guitarists don't always play cleanly and sometimes graze other strings as they're playing.

ah very cool feature! :tu:

and wait! what's the bite and scream effects? have they something to do with tube screamers??

Yes Scream is a tube screamer emulation, similar to the one currently in S2 but with actual customization over drive, input, tone, etc. Much more useful IMO.

Bite is a preset EQ curve that you can bring from 0% (no curve) to 100%, which 'thins' out the sound but makes it more aggressive. Similar to the Aggressive EQ feature now but again, more customization.

Thanks for the clarifications.Is it possible to add a keyswitch to enable\disable the tapping mode on the fly?
Also,excuse me if I don't open a proper thread,can I ask if you're already working on Shreddage bass sequel? :hail: :hail: :hail: :band2:

We have a bass picked out for a potential Shreddage Bass 2 project, and it would be the same performer as the rest of the Shreddage series. However we haven't started recording that yet.

As for a keyswitch for tapping mode, I'm sure I can figure something out.

:band: so my credit card for the new shreddage bass is alerted...

Oh mannn... ISW is the hardest working VI'ers out there. So much awesome. Can't wait 'til the day I can convince my "accountant" that I NEED the complete bundle.

zircon wrote:
This is a feature created for Archtop that I think will work well for Shreddage2 also. If you enable it, you will sometimes get neighboring string resonance when you play a note. For example, you play a note on the B string and get a little bit of resonance from the E and G strings. The idea is to simulate how guitarists don't always play cleanly and sometimes graze other strings as they're playing.
Brilliant! :tu:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Return to “Impact Soundworks”