Question about Shreddage X/Legacy

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Howdy! This is really aimed towards Andrew/Zircon, but my questions are:

1.What was the guitar used in recording the original Shreddage Library? I ask because I actually prefer the mute notes and powerchord mutes on it, versus Shreddage II. I know Shreddage II used the Musicman JP12 7-String.

2. Was it also recorded with a screamer pedal in the samples? I don't seem to need to place a screamer pedal for Shreddage X. My PreAmp seems to be just fine.

3. (Shreddage 2 related) Is there a way to easily limit the number of variations in the modwheel for the 'Heavy' vibrato type? Edit: In FL, I usually vibrato at 50% (Sounds great) but I get a lot of different speeds of vibrato. Is there any way I can limit the speed?

3. You must mean "Smooth" vibrato because Heavy, Whammy, light trigger samples that don't respond to Modwheel intensity, once they are on, they are on.

1. We recorded a Gibson SG Standard for the original. Ultimately tone is a matter of preference, but I agree that for some genres I like that guitar more (and for some I prefer the more full sound of the Musicman).

2. Nope, no pedals or FX in the ShreddageX chain. It's just that the guitar is naturally more thin in tone whereas the Musicman is more 'full'.. a nice Screamer pedal kinda has the same effect.

3. Do you mean the F.Heavy type or something else?
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

wow I prefer the most the overall sound of shreddage 2,i think Andrew and other guys at IS did a great job with this library...recently i switched to the new TSE X 50 and i've discovered the potentially of Modern Tube Lead from Amplitube 3-i've ever underrated it- which simulates quite well Mesa Dual Rectifier,my preferred amphead.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”