Shreddage X palm mute bleed

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi!

There's something that I've been working around in Shreddage X through LinuxSampler for a while and it just occurred to me that I should probably look into fixing it - whenever I play a full note followed directly by a series of palm mutes on the same note, the full note continues to play instead of the palm mutes. I see that there's a note in the documentation about it:

"A small bug exists in LinuxSampler where a sustained note will essentially override a muted note of the same patch immediately following it. The default set of patches thus have 0 release time on sustains"

It indicates that the default patches are set up to work around this problem, but I'm still definitely hearing it - I tried setting up the ones in the "Patches without releases (LS)" folder as well, with the same result. Is there a specific LinuxSampler version I should be using?

I'm on Reaper, LinuxSampler, Shreddage X.

Thanks for any help!

Before delving into this problem further, I recommend you try Plogue Sforzando instead. It's free, and ShreddageX has Sforzando patches that work better than then LinuxSampler ones. If you don't have the Sforzando patches please email support@impactsoundworks.com and I will get you the latest files :)
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Thanks! It looks like I was well behind the times - the version I had recommended LinuxSampler as the plugin. I talked to support and have the Sforzando one now, and it's working great :)

David

Return to “Impact Soundworks”