Shreddage 2X FREE UPDATE - Now available! (May 22, 2014)

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Everything is default except for velocity range of stacs which is 125 to 127. I will send you the audio to show you what I mean.

Edit

Just saw your last post :)

Download the latest NKI (v20, May 30)

OK. Phew. Spent hours and hours on this. The error had to do with a few things:

* Strings not properly releasing notes during portamento
* Total active notes not being tracked properly
* Current keys pressed not being tracked properly

I believe I've fixed all this stuff now. It seemed to run your MIDI fine now, but please test it on your end as well. One thing is that if you do write very fast riffs with portamento, you will need to increase the portamento speed as well. Right now, the way the script works is that after it plays the slide down sample it waits before playing the sustain sample. This is really the only way to do it unless we did baked in sustains with the portamentos, but then you lose all separate control over porta speed etc.

But what that means is that even with fairly careful coding, things can get a little hairy when you're doing lots of new notes before the slide has finished resolving.

At any rate, please keep testing, this feedback has been invaluable!
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Ah superb! It works now! I can't promise but I will try not writing fast riffs :D

* CC11 not working in v20 (it did in v19 but incorrectly).
* Transpose dial doesn't work correctly
* Do consider adding the new effect-chain into the S2X-FX patch when you make it.

Question: For backward compatibility, what is the best value for portamento speed?
In addition to notes being moved one octave higher, anyone porting their old S2 midi would also have to shift keyswitches for vibrato and picking mode; so I was wondering if a list of items can be made for things to watch out for when converting old S2 midi.

Also, what are the articulations that are not true double-trackable? I haven't used S2 in double tracking so I really don't know if portamento and other such articulations have RRs. Knowing this will allow me to engineer MIDI accordingly for left and right rhythm.

I am encountering some phasing with version 20 that I can't quite figure out. I've created a .rar file with the multi and midi file in question. It MAY BE caused by powerchords and/or powerchord mutes.

https://copy.com/dh1dZ2ypXYEUYYIP

EDIT: I think I figured out what's causing it when double tracking, at least. When doing manual chords using the single notes, guitar one will do alternate picking, but guitar two will do all down strokes.

CC11 is currently assigned to unison bend, and that is working for me at the moment. I can assign it to another CC however. Any suggestions?

Transpose should be fixed... could use a bit of extra testing.

100% porta speed should be the S2 default.

I've redone the keyswitches to be closer to the original Shreddage2.
S2X:
C-2: Alt pick
C#-2: Down pick
D-2: Up pick

D#-2: Vibrato F Light
E-2: F Heavy
F-2: Whammy
F#-2: Smooth

G-2: Reset RR
G#-2: Let ring ON or OFF (toggle)
A-2: Tapping mode ON or OFF (toggle)
A#-2: DI line noise (toggle)
B-2 to F#-1: String selection (B-2 is all strings, C-1 is string 1, C#-2 is string 2, etc)

This is very close to the original Shreddage 2 mapping. Here are the differences.

Shreddage 2 (old)

F#-2: DI Line Noise [NOW: SMOOTH VIBRATO]
G#-2: Let ring ON [NOW: LET RING TOGGLE]
A-2: Let ring OFF [NOW: TAPPING MODE TOGGLE]
A#-2: Nothing [NOW: DI LINE NOISE TOGGLE]

The rest is the same.
I am encountering some phasing with version 20 that I can't quite figure out. I've created a .rar file with the multi and midi file in question. It MAY BE caused by powerchords and/or powerchord mutes.
Can you screenshot your perform + articulations pages?

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

They're the same for both double tracked guitars. (except the guitar # option, like guitar 1 and guitar 2)

I'm a little stumped by this one, as the stroke + string selection don't rely on the selection of dt guitar. Only thing I can think of is that each instance is "interpreting" the chord differently, as the notes are happening simultaneously. Even so, there shouldn't be any phasing - I didn't hear any in my MIDI either...

One thing you can try is reducing the chord time knob to 0? See if that makes a difference?

In the meantime, here's the latest update with the changes from my above post.

Download the latest NKI (v21, June 1)

I'm getting a 404 error on the new link.

Sorry, please try now.

I started a new project in my main host, and when turning the chord time to 0 in the new patch, the results is still the same as far as the strokes go.

The phasing may have just been specific to something I was doing wrong in the previous project, because it's not really occurring now.

OK... I'll keep looking into this and see if I can figure out what's going on. But in the meantime if you can reproduce any other problems, please let me know.

Hey folks, any more bugs or issues? If I don't hear anything by Friday I think we're good for the final release.

I am sorry, I haven't been able to test further and it will take me a few more days to be able to fire up my DAW and test.

One problem *I've* encountered is some weird fretting from time to time, where I'm on string 3 or 4 and suddenly I get a note on string 7. I'm looking into that now.

hi andrew is this doable in future updates ... ring out with mono playing,
what i mean is by hitting the 1st note ist ringout and playing the next 2nd note to cut it off the 1st note and ringout the 2nd note ...to hear no overlapping sounds by playing..

sorry for my bad english...

and thanks for your great work..

Return to “Impact Soundworks”