Shreddage 2 standalone - how do you load guitars samples?

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I'm new to using kontakt player. How do you load the guitar sound presets (revalver , amp sims) into shreddage 2 as a standalone?

Thanks.

There is no easy way to do this, since Kontakt does not support loading external FX plugins. There are two ways you could do it:

1. Load both Kontakt and your amp sim of choice in standalone mode. Then, use audio routing software like JACK, Soundflower, or Virtual Audio Cable to send the audio from Kontakt into the amp sim.

2. Load both Kontakt and your amp sim in standalone, then send Kontakt's output through a physical output on your audio interface. With physical cables, route that output back INTO the interface, and then have the amp sim process those physical inputs.

By far the easiest solution, however, is to use a lightweight DAW such as REAPER or Bidule to run Kontakt in plugin mode, and then whatever amp/fx chain you want to process it within that DAW.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

thanks, I'm learning Sonar X3 producer. So would I make an instrument track and load kontakt as a vst ? How would I get the amp sims and revalver hpse to run through shreddage 2 like in the youtube videos? man, when I bought this I was thinking plug and play, no problem --- wrong!

cheers

I don't personally use Sonar X3, but yes, that sounds correct. Most DAWs make it very easy to load up plugins and play them, and since that's what you'll need to do if you want to sequence / record MIDI and mix other parts together, it's definitely worth learning.

I'm sorry that there is no direct solution for using guitar FX with Kontakt in standalone mode, but that's something we can't control - it's up to Native Instruments to develop that feature.

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Hi,

I've been trying to get the new shreddage 2 to work in Sonar X3 producer and have had no luck so far. It works fine in kontakt stand alone , but not as a vst in kontakt. when you click on perform , fretboard, etc it just turns orange and nothing changes. Any ideas?

At 14:50 during this X3 clinic, the midi data of a bass is edited
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySzza5AWe0o

This is 3 ways to edit midi, but in sonar X2, but im sure it should still be useful in x3.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juIu9Rlt6v8

Finally, heres a video showing kontakt, outputs, fx, with multiple instruments, but it might be useful.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eau0x7v8gl0

KVR Audio Forum Signature is currently unavailable for your web browser.

...Thanks,

I actually have these videos. What I was trying to say is that shreddage 2x vst doesn't seem to work in Sonar X3 or X2 ( I tried both). I don't know if it's a cakewalk ( the shreddage vst is the only vst I have that doesn't work In Sonar X2/X3) , native instruments , or an impact sound works issue , all I know is I can't use it. Does any one have Sonar and does it work for you? I attached a video so you can see how the interface doesn't respond. Hopefully I can get this resolved soon.

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

It is not an issue with S2 itself, since it is working on many computers + DAWs across the board (Mac, PC, Cubase, FL Studio, Sonar, etc.) There is nothing in the script that would cause this.

However I HAVE seen this problem before in FL Studio, if (and only if) certain CPU-saving features are enabled, such as auto-freezing or auto-disabling plugins when no sound is being produced. I recommend looking for any options related to CPU usage or disabling plugins *within Sonar* as it is NOT an internal Kontakt or S2 problem.

You should also try running the plugin in another DAW such as REAPER (www.reaper.fm, free) to verify that it is in fact a Sonar issue and not your installation of Kontakt - which seems unlikely.

.....wow. The problem wasn't shreddage, Kontakt , or Sonar.. it was the AISO drivers. I had to reinstall my E-Mu drivers. I guess they got corrupted somehow. It was a lucky guess.

Ps. Thanks for the idea with Reaper. I installed it and it worked in that.

Ps2. How do you bring down the clean guitar sound from Shreddage so you just hear revalver?

Thanks for your Help!!

....nevermind on the ps2 question. I figured it out., but I was wondering what this warning was and how to fix it. ( see attached)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hmm, I'll have to look into that. If you can figure out what triggers it that would be great, i.e. if it's playing a particular note etc.

...it happens when I hit either of these two reddish keys. There are no effects that happen when I hit them.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”