I just can't seem to win, problems with Shreddage Complete.

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I decided to take the plunge and buy Shreddage (at a most modest price I must say), but I'm having several problems no matter what route I take.

Kontakt Player - The legato knobs for some reason get stuck and won't turn. Aside from that it seems to work perfectly. Don't really like the timeout interrupting my flow, so this is the last on my list to use, at least until I buy the full version of Kontakt. So I think in case of the same problem occurring in the full version it might be better to figure out maybe what's going on now.

Linux Sampler - No matter what I do I can't get any of the SFZ patches to load. It always outputs to "Failed to load Instrument".

Sforzando - Simple and effective. May be my first choice until I can get Kontakt, but still problems here. When I switch between different playing (Legato, Pinch Squeals, etc) the soft keyboard in Sforzando works fine, but my midi keyboard only plays Vibrato (Korg nanoKEY2). I don't know if that's my keyboard or Sforzando or what. Also, Sforzando fails to locate some files, indicated in my attachement, even though they are there.

I'm not quite sure how to fix these problems and I've tried some fixes that have failed.

Further information, I don't have an ASIO sound card at this point in time, so I use ASIO4ALL. Don't know if this would be the root of any problems or not.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

There was an update to Sforzando that messed with our patches a bit, please try these SFZ files for Sforzando instead:

http://impactsoundworks.com/Updates/Shr ... rzando.sfz
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Well, I don't think I tested things standalone, but everything works fine for Sforzando 32 bit standalone. 64 bit still fails to find the files. When I load the plugin in my DAW (Renoise) it still gets stuck (forgive me for saying the wrong thing earlier) playing tremolo (though power chords and chokes work) when I enter notes with my midi or computer keyboard. I tested in Modplug to see if it was just Renoise goofing up, but it does the same thing. I'm not sure if does the same thing in any other DAW since I've only used trackers, so I don't know if it's a problem exclusive to trackers or if Sforzando's plugins are crapping out in general.

I have not heard that problem before. If it works in one DAW and not another, it's worth contacting Plogue and seeing what they say.

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Well, I've looked all over and can't seem to be able to find out how to even post in their forums to even request any support, so I need some direction on how to make one, sadly.

Ugh, they don't have a contact email anymore..? Have you made an account at their forum? There's a "Register" button on this page:

http://www.plogue.com/phpBB3/

I'm really not trying to send you on a wild goose chase here - I wish I knew why Sforzando was working in one DAW and not the other. It's simply beyond my expertise as a humble sample developer.

OK! Short story. I didn't want velocities to interfere with note entry (since I'm used to entering them manually) in my DAW and turned recording them off. That off the notes record and play at max velocity which Tremolo apparently triggers at. So my midi keyboard and everything works just as long as I set the velocities and/or have recording on. At least there was no major kink in getting it to work. So knowing this, Modplug Tracker also works as well. Anyway, thanks for the amazing product.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”