Thinking about getting Shreddage 2, but I have some questions

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Shreddage 2: Absolute Electric Guitar

Alright, I'm considering getting shreddage 2 even though I JUST missed the sale (literally got on saw that it was 99 bucks , went looked at some reviews, came back and it had gone up in price). Anyway I have some questions.

1)tuning, is it just the drop G tuning, most of the stuff Ive written has been in drop C(on a 6 string) and thats what I'm more familiar with

2) Kontak, I don't have it, do I have to buy it to use this? if so its off the table cas I don't have the money for both.

3) Do I need other programs to make the gutiars sound real? Most of the videos ive seen people are running them through other vst's.

4) what is the diffrence between shreddage x , shreddage 2, and shreddage 2x, I keep hearing about different versions, which is the best?

5) I heard there was a update recently? is that something else I have to pay for?

1) The tuning by default goes down to G. I'm not sure what specific tuning is on the strings, though.

2) Shreddage 2 is a registered library for NI Service Center so you can use the free version of Kontakt. Make sure you have the most updated version.

3) When you buy Shreddage 2, you get a key for a FREE amp simulator and presets designed for use with Shreddage, but to answer your question, yes you do need an amp sim of some sort to have a real guitar sound. All the samples in the library are recorded completely dry.

4) Shreddage X is the sequel to the original Shreddage. It does not have any Lead guitar articulations (hammerons, pulloffs) and the playing range is not the entire guitar (it only goes up to like the 2nd or 3rd octave). The only feature that Shreddage X has that Shreddage 2/x does NOT have is the hard sustains. Shreddage 2 brought with it the ability to compose lead guitar lines with Shreddage series, and it uses a completely different guitar for it. Shreddage 2X is an entire rewrite, free for all Shreddage 2 users that brought a new UI, improved features, and tons of bug fixes to the original Shreddage 2.

5) There was a recent huge update to Shreddage 2, called Shreddage 2X. The update is free for all Shreddage 2 users, whether you owned it before or are purchasing it afterwards.

I hope this helps :)

Aaaactually, Shreddage 2 DOES have hard sustains! It's maybe not quite as pronounced as the difference between normal and hard vs normal Shreddage, but it does have that articulation in the higher velocities of the sustains.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

zircon wrote:Aaaactually, Shreddage 2 DOES have hard sustains! It's maybe not quite as pronounced as the difference between normal and hard vs normal Shreddage, but it does have that articulation in the higher velocities of the sustains.
Really? Is that different from the extra pick and staccato articulations?

Yes. If you open up the group editor and take a look at the sustain groups you'll see we have a totally different set of HSus recordings.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Return to “Impact Soundworks”