"Induced" [Metal] [Shreddage Drums, Bass, Classic, Juggernaut, and Celestia]

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm unsure if this will get to the Shreddage Drums ISW playlist since this uses external fx, so I'm privately posting this here so for quick feedback at least :D (I guess I suck at patience haha)
I'm terribly fortunate to have been able to beta test this Kontakt Lib (thanks Zircon!). IMO it's fantastic, couldn't recommend it more for metal makers.
This track uses the default kit with some panning tweaks on the individual drums + external processing.
Production quality may or may not be off depending where you play it back. Headphones are ideal. I'm still learning.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: My song got posted, use this link instead!
https://soundcloud.com/isworks/shreddag ... induced-by
Last edited by DarkFlameSquirrel on Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cockos Reaper | VSTi Metal | Vocal Synths | Shreddage 2 Fanboy | VSTi Guitar Enthusiast

Currently writing a Vocaloid EP.
youtube.com/user/darkflamesquirrel

Sounds like Slipknot & Korn mashed up together.
That's pretty heavy, I like it!
One way or another, you can't deny death.
Simply said...
We're dead but we just don't know it yet.

ELECTRONICHAOS wrote:Sounds like Slipknot & Korn mashed up together.
Just what I was going for, thanks! :)
Cockos Reaper | VSTi Metal | Vocal Synths | Shreddage 2 Fanboy | VSTi Guitar Enthusiast

Man this is great. Any advice on making guitar tones and mixing? This is seriously good stuff

DarkFlameSquirrel wrote:
ELECTRONICHAOS wrote:Sounds like Slipknot & Korn mashed up together.
Just what I was going for, thanks! :)
Yeah, it was really hard to miss the vibes there! :tu:
One way or another, you can't deny death.
Simply said...
We're dead but we just don't know it yet.

deadby100cuts wrote:Man this is great. Any advice on making guitar tones and mixing? This is seriously good stuff
I'm not the best at explaining things when browsing the web through phone, so ill just fill you in on the tone in this track

-TSE 808
-Poulin LeGion
--Gain cranked all the way up
-Poulin LeCab 2
--Impulse 1: "AskingAlexandriaFromDeathToDestiny.wav"
--Impulse 2: "AmonAmarthDeceiverOfTheGods.wav"

All those on EACH guitar mixer tracks.

On the e. Guitar buss, I used EQ'ing to cut off some harshness, and STR's transient plugin with -25% attack.

All of these external plugins are 100% free and you can find them on the internet.
The impulses (also free) are provided by "BestPlugins" on YouTube, he's uploaded a couple of huge impulse packs. I loaded them on the left side of Poulin LeCab.

Happy shredding!

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I've lowered the tuning of my guitars -5.
Not that I couldn't reach the lower notes or anything, but I get phasing issues when i do it normally.
It slightly alters the tonality of the instrument, in a manner of speaking, but not too much.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”