Shreddage 2 Engine V3.21 - Updates for S2, IBZ, SRP - Available Now! (August 3, 2016 IBZ Bug fix)

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm a little confused as to the nature of the problem... when you're clicking on the keyboard, is it possible you're just clicking high velocities, which trigger pinch squeals by default? Can you try sequencing something around the middle (velocities 70-80)?

If you're getting powerchords in one part of the keyboard and single notes in another, something is definitely not right. It sounds like you have "Legacy Mode" enabled, which you can turn OFF on the articulations page. It should be disabled by default.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Atrociousness, when you click on the piano roll to preview a sound, click further to the left. The piano roll keys preview velocities from left to right, from 1 velocity to 127. Most people instinctively click on the far right of the keyboard, which triggers a 127, which is usually a squeal.

ImagineAZ wrote:Atrociousness, when you click on the piano roll to preview a sound, click further to the left. The piano roll keys preview velocities from left to right, from 1 velocity to 127. Most people instinctively click on the far right of the keyboard, which triggers a 127, which is usually a squeal.
Thanks very much ImagineAZ and Zircon. I have never noticed this and yes that's what I was doing. Things do seem to be working correctly.

I usually just open the piano roll and put a riff down so I'm not really over all the detail. I usually use FL studio but now I'm on an iMac and using reaper (and it has a different octave on the piano roll)

+Zircon.. Are there any pro's of using legacy mode?

Atrociousness wrote:
ImagineAZ wrote:Atrociousness, when you click on the piano roll to preview a sound, click further to the left. The piano roll keys preview velocities from left to right, from 1 velocity to 127. Most people instinctively click on the far right of the keyboard, which triggers a 127, which is usually a squeal.
Thanks very much ImagineAZ and Zircon. I have never noticed this and yes that's what I was doing. Things do seem to be working correctly.

I usually just open the piano roll and put a riff down so I'm not really over all the detail. I usually use FL studio but now I'm on an iMac and using reaper (and it has a different octave on the piano roll)

+Zircon.. Are there any pro's of using legacy mode?
Very welcome, and welcome to Reaper. Be sure to check out all the JS plugins. I bet any feature you love about any other DAW, you'll find something similar in JS.

And I think I can answer the other question. The advantage to Legacy Mode is that you can use different octaves in the MIDI editor to choose between notes and power chords, rather than using key switches or velocity or CC. This might be good if you're used to the old way and you like things to stay the same, or you have songs that use that mapping and you don't want to move all those notes, or you also use Shreddage I or Classic, which use Legacy Mode only and you want S 2 to work like S 1.

Hi all, I'm having a very hard time reproducing errors with portamento. If you are having difficulty, please give me the exact steps to reproduce starting with DEFAULT mapping. Turn hammer/pull OFF and portamento to ON, changing the velocity to 1-127. If you can reliably reproduce any issues, please export a MIDI and upload.

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Yes, I have problems with portamento too... they don´t trigger many times. Can you check this?

I'm doing my best to debug it but I need more information, something that lets me reproduce the problem.

1. What happens when it 'doesn't trigger'? Do the notes simply both play at the same time, or does the first note fade out, then silence, then a new note?

2. Is portamento enabled on the articulations page?

3. Is portamento triggered by velocity or keyswitch? If velocity, it must not overlap with the hammer/pull velocity range.

If you've gone through 1-3 and there's still a problem, please upload a MIDI + audio render of the issue using the DEFAULT patch (just with Porta enabled). Thank you!

OK i will check if portamento overlaps with hammer pulls...I´m not in home right now i only can tell you

- Portamentos enabled by velocity 1-59 or 69 (as default)

- The notes sounds at the same time that they are writed...just and arpeggio.

Thanks for reply so fast man!

I'm sorry - I'm still having trouble understanding the issue. When you say "just an arpeggio", you mean both notes play at the same time, simultaneously?

So C3 + C4, BOTH pitches, can be heard?

Or C3 is heard, then it stops, then C4 plays?

I revised Hammer/Pull and other configs, nothing overlaps...I deactivated mute and hammer to reduce posibilities...but the same issue :?

About your question, it's something random...I have tested in many notes and intervals...a very very few times portamento works...
But the most times when occurs portamento only sound the destination note without any transition...and sometimes like an arpeggio (both simul). :scared:

Right now I tested one more time C4 - C3 and there are a silence between the notes (I think this silence is where the portamento sample occurs)

I wonder if are more people with this problem anyone here can post about too? :? :? :?

Thanks zircon and IS!

Zircon: Or C3 is heard, then it stops, then C4 plays?

This is the most common issue :dog:

DavidAntagon:

I had many articulation problems when loading a Custom Preset that I had saved with a previous beta version. I ended up deleting everything and reinstalling just to make sure that whatever conflict was causing the problem was gone. No problems since. If you've saved a Custom Preset with a previous version, then loaded that Custom Preset with the current version, that's something to consider.

Also, be sure to check out the keyswitch controls on the Advanced Tab (not the Advanced button on the Perform page - the Advanced tab at the bottom of ALL the pages). It has some controls like Tapping Mode and Slide Note, which could cause conflicts.

And check Thrash Note. Several times, I found that a conflict was caused by the key I'm using matching the Thrash Note key, or the thrash note conflicting with what I was trying to do.

Here is a provisional update - please try this and see if it addresses your issues.

http://impactsoundworks.com/Updates/Shr ... _V3_18.rar

zircon wrote:Here is a provisional update - please try this and see if it addresses your issues.

http://impactsoundworks.com/Updates/Shr ... _V3_18.rar
I don't know if anybody told you already but... Thank you! :)
One way or another, you can't deny death.
Simply said...
We're dead but we just don't know it yet.

Zircon! Congratulations! Portamentos works perfect! almost in the intervals that I tried...can you tell us in what consist the problem? just for curiosity :-). Good job! Remember the RETURN of Bite EQ :-)... Shreddage is the best guitar library!!!

Return to “Impact Soundworks”