Impact Soundworks Palm mutes are the best in business

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

At this point there are many electric guitar libraries for rock/metal out there but for me ISW guitars still takes the cake for a very simple reason: palm mutes. This is my everlasting disappointment with pretty much all other guitar libraries made for rock/metal. I was at my brother's house last night and he had a few guitar libraries installed on his hard drive so I gave them a test. Pretty solid products but none of them, NONE gets heavy chunky palm mutes like Shreddage products do. I even tested out this 8-string guitar library from another company and had high hopes for it, but once again the palm mutes just aren't where I'd want them to be. So how do you guys at ISW do it? What is so different about your approach to palm mutes? God I want an 8-string guitar library from you guys.

Sorry for a pretty pointless thread, but if there's something to take away from this, it's that for the love of all that is good don't change the way you record palm mutes for future libraries!

I have to agree. The Shreddage products have excellent palm mutes. I still need to get IBZ.

OTS' Banshee's palm mutes CAN sound great. MusicLab's RealEight has OKAY palm mutes, but that was the killer for me in that library: the palm mutes are just barely passable there.

Thank you :-) It comes down to pickups, performance, detail (8x RR / up to 6 layers) as well as proper editing.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Can't go wrong with Shreddage.
One way or another, you can't deny death.
Simply said...
We're dead but we just don't know it yet.

zircon wrote:Thank you :-) It comes down to pickups, performance, detail (8x RR / up to 6 layers) as well as proper editing.
I guess your guitarist just really picks those strings hard or maybe you just use strings that are thick as pinky fingers :hihi:

claw11 wrote:At this point there are many electric guitar libraries for rock/metal out there but for me ISW guitars still takes the cake for a very simple reason: palm mutes. This is my everlasting disappointment with pretty much all other guitar libraries made for rock/metal.
claw11 wrote:Sorry for a pretty pointless thread, but if there's something to take away from this, it's that for the love of all that is good don't change the way you record palm mutes for future libraries!
This is exactly why I keep coming back to Shreddage electric guitars. I own a bunch of others (Strawberry, Banshee, RealLPC, RealEight, and V-Metal). They sound GREAT for what they do don't get me wrong! But seriously. None of them can lay a scratch on Shreddage. I personally main the Classic expansion for almost everything.
Cockos Reaper | VSTi Metal | Vocal Synths | Shreddage 2 Fanboy | VSTi Guitar Enthusiast

Currently writing a Vocaloid EP.
youtube.com/user/darkflamesquirrel

Return to “Impact Soundworks”