Shreddage 2 SRP Phasing

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I figured I'd post this here so maybe zircon could take a look.

It looks like the phasing issue I described when testing for bugs with S2 and IBZ has come back and a couple of preset loading issues have also returned. Low G and low A phase when you use a combination of either guitar 1 and guitar 3 or guitar 2 and guitar 4. This only happens for sustains and powerchord sustains, and it does not happen at all for mutes. As for the loading issues, it does not always happen. However, most of the time the keyswitch latching and auto-unload options are automatically on and sustain and mute articulations are set to velocity triggering.

I've made another video to illustrate the phasing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiUc83BATKQ
Thanks!

It looks like I missed an update that fixed almost all of these. Now the only problem is that Keyswitch Latch and Legacy Mode save as the opposite of what they're supposed to. It's not a killer bug, but it's worth mentioning.

Also, does anyone know if SRP is capable of doing powerchord portamento? I can get single note portamento to work but not powerchords.

Thanks!

When you say they save as the opposite, you mean with the internal preset system? That's a weird bug... will have to check into that...

SRP does not have powerchord portamento - right now only the original S2 has that. Suuuuper time consuming to record which is why we weren't able to do it with IBZ either. Maybe as a future update though.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

There's a workaround for powerchord portamento... if you're willing to put in the work. :) You'll need to record the strings (cleanly) doing portamento individually for each guitar. and then run those recordings through their respective FX chains. And of course, some alignment of the recordings so it doesn't sound weird.

For example, string recordings 1a, 1b, and 1c would essentially go to the FX chain for your left guitar and 2a, 2b, and 2c would go to the fx chain for your right. So the amps can basically crunch those strings up the way it would on a real guitar and bam you got your chords.

I did that for the "Down" cover. It's on the demos playlist for SRP and it doesn't sound too fake! What's great about this is you can pretty much do this with any built chords. I definitely abused that.
Cockos Reaper | VSTi Metal | Vocal Synths | Shreddage 2 Fanboy | VSTi Guitar Enthusiast

Currently writing a Vocaloid EP.
youtube.com/user/darkflamesquirrel

DarkFlameSquirrel wrote:There's a workaround for powerchord portamento... if you're willing to put in the work. :) You'll need to record the strings (cleanly) doing portamento individually for each guitar. and then run those recordings through their respective FX chains. And of course, some alignment of the recordings so it doesn't sound weird.

For example, string recordings 1a, 1b, and 1c would essentially go to the FX chain for your left guitar and 2a, 2b, and 2c would go to the fx chain for your right. So the amps can basically crunch those strings up the way it would on a real guitar and bam you got your chords.

I did that for the "Down" cover. It's on the demos playlist for SRP and it doesn't sound too fake! What's great about this is you can pretty much do this with any built chords. I definitely abused that.
This is a little tricky to do everytime we need to achieve a chord slide.

At this moment, you can use the "split midi channels" mode to obtain 2-strings chord slide.

Andrew, can you improve the "split midi channels" mode, to obtain multi strings slide in a esily way, please?

zircon wrote:When you say they save as the opposite, you mean with the internal preset system? That's a weird bug... will have to check into that...

SRP does not have powerchord portamento - right now only the original S2 has that. Suuuuper time consuming to record which is why we weren't able to do it with IBZ either. Maybe as a future update though.
Yes, the preset system saves Keyswitch latch and Legacy mode as the opposite of what I have it set to. If I save the preset when they are off, they are on when I load the preset and vise-versa.

Good to know! I was driving myself insane trying to figure it out. I can always duplicate each instance of SRP and do a portamento a fifth up from the other copy. It should work fine that way.

Thanks!

Akanto10 wrote:It looks like I missed an update that fixed almost all of these. Now the only problem is that Keyswitch Latch and Legacy Mode save as the opposite of what they're supposed to. It's not a killer bug, but it's worth mentioning.

Also, does anyone know if SRP is capable of doing powerchord portamento? I can get single note portamento to work but not powerchords.

Thanks!
Was there an update for SRP? I bought it today and get a lot of phasing when using guitars 1 and 2 for double tracking, even when using a keyswitch to reset the round robin.

There have not been any SRP updates but there should also not be any phasing if DT is set up normally. If you can reliably reproduce it please post a MIDI, render (clean) and patch!
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

I realized what I was doing wrong. I had the same RR reset keyswitch set for another function. I rectified that and all is well. :)

Sworduigi wrote: This is a little tricky to do everytime we need to achieve a chord slide.

At this moment, you can use the "split midi channels" mode to obtain 2-strings chord slide.
Well crud, that hasn't worked out for me when I tried it. I just assumed it wasn't an implementation.
If porta with "split midi channels" works out better for you then by all means, go for it!
In my case, I was having some trouble with vel to vol functionality at the time so the way I did it gave me the control I wanted :)
Cockos Reaper | VSTi Metal | Vocal Synths | Shreddage 2 Fanboy | VSTi Guitar Enthusiast

Currently writing a Vocaloid EP.
youtube.com/user/darkflamesquirrel

Return to “Impact Soundworks”